My promotion is dying now that its cult

When I jumped from regional to cult, I made the mistake of blowing all my money on a developmental league.

Now I'm plagued with giant production costs. I cut my development free thinking that's why I'm charged a misc fee of $100,000 per month. Nope, not that. So then I cut my tv show and nope, not that.

Then the bank tells me I have 3 months (now 2 months). I drastically cut talent and event frills. Nope, not that.

So I think the only way to survive is to purposely put on bad shows and send my company into regional again! I doubt that's even possible at this point.

I'm $500,000 in the hole and even with all of my cuts, I still manage to lose $60,000 a month.

Any ideas other than cheating?

The obvious reason is you jumped too fast. Seriously, Cult is the one of the hardest (I would say probably the hardest) challenge in the game.

At the very least, you should have had:

1. HUGE popularity in your home base (C+ or more)

2. Huge Bank (1 million at least, preferably 5 to 7 million)

3. Get a TV deal that has at LEAST 10% revenue back to you (preferably more, and more preferably lower production costs as well) As a side note, don't worry about the size of the station at this point. Just make sure they can offer you a deal at least 10% revenue.

4. Get a PPV deal as soon as possible (like with TV, try to get at least 10% revenue, and don't worry about the size of the carrier just yet).

I was:

C- in 1 area and maybe D- or whatever in another area

$250,000

TV with 10% revenue to me (but I messed up on the time slot and got afternoon)

No PPV carrier will hire me

So I'm screwed unless I can bomb enough cards in my D- region to drop me back to regional :-)

I did hard number crunching and even with charging $30 per ticket, I'm stuck in 2,000 seat arenas paying $4,800 (because I own it). Even if I upped my card numbers to having 4 cards a month, I'd still make $0 profit and not enough to save me in 2 months.

Thus my solution... bomb cards and drop to regional and probably still fail :-)

$250,000?

Yeah... bye. :p

What on earth possessed you to get a development territory as soon as you hit cult?! You can barely sign written contracts, none at all in the position you were in when you jumped. And the written contracts you can sign at cult certainly don't want to be sent to a development territory! (and even if they did, you wouldn't want to send them there).

In terms of a 1-10 scale of possible mistakes you can make, that's got to be over 9,000.

Going to Cult with £250,000 in the bank is probably an 8 or 9. Going with C- popularity at home is probably a 7.

In summary, you were screwed from the moment you double-clicked the TEW2010.exe icon. ;)

But we live and learn. :D

My advice... cheat.

We all make mistakes and the jump to cult is the biggest one we've probably all made at some point in TEW history. I suggest using the editor to give yourself a cash injection and rescue your game without having to take a lame way out.

Chalk it up to an interested investor giving you some cash... and over time, once you start making money again, pay that money back by using the editor to lower your finances.

It's more fun that way and it'll avoid your game being killed off for an innocent mistake, which it sounds like is going to happen even if you manage to drop yourself to regional in time to make money again.

I know about to cheat, but oddly enough, I'm okay with losing my promotion.

As for why I got a developmental territory... I had 3 brands. Each had an event in a different region. 1 brand ran every week, the other 2 brands ran every month and there was a big super show.

Then I got cult and found you can't assign developmental deals without a written contract. Then you can't really even sign written contracts... uggg...

At least I took out other promotions along the way to my self destruction.

Maybe now I'll start a promotion in Japan.

Even if I drop down to regional, I can't get $500,000 in 2 months.

Guest codey
I know about to cheat, but oddly enough, I'm okay with losing my promotion.

As for why I got a developmental territory... I had 3 brands. Each had an event in a different region. 1 brand ran every week, the other 2 brands ran every month and there was a big super show.

Then I got cult and found you can't assign developmental deals without a written contract. Then you can't really even sign written contracts... uggg...

At least I took out other promotions along the way to my self destruction.

Maybe now I'll start a promotion in Japan.

Even if I drop down to regional, I can't get $500,000 in 2 months.

3 brands when you just hit cult? :eek: How many shows a month were you running?

When I hit cult, I was running 4 tv shows a month and one big event. I had about 1.3 million and I lost about 50-75k a month until I was able to get a ppv deal. I had actually dipped below 1 million at that point, but now I'm making around 60k a month again. I'm not going to hit my owner goal requirement, but at least I'm profitable again. At cult, you HAVE to have some funds behind you.

THREE Brands? that's another no-no.

First off, you should focused on being a Regional promotion that was popular in your home region, even before TV or PPV. Second, you should have focused on getting more money while at Regional. Third, having three brands is a bad idea, because you are going to have too many PPA contracts. That means, you either use almost everyone and lose out on ton of money in terms of paying people, or you don't use most of your people, which makes them unhappy.

Heck, you shouldn't have brands at Regional or Cult, period. I wouldn't even recommend a brand at National.

Cult is not something you should look forward to... it's something that's only necessary, with you being dragged, kicking and screaming into it, because it's the only way to reach National.

Heck, you shouldn't have brands at Regional or Cult, period. I wouldn't even recommend a brand at National.

Cult is not something you should look forward to... it's something that's only necessary, with you being dragged, kicking and screaming into it, because it's the only way to reach National.

I can't agree with this. Played well, you can have two brands at mid to high Cult and three at National, quite easily. The problem is, that doesn't feed into the 'GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!' temptation because "played well" means "proceeding slowly". And Cult is fun, especially in 2010 (it wasn't in 2008) primarily because, played well, you have many of the benefits of being National with smaller cash flow projections. By the time you hit National, you should have a bumper crop of new talent ready to move up to the big time, which could (or should) propel you right to International/Global.

And Cult is fun, especially in 2010 (it wasn't in 2008) primarily because, played well, you have many of the benefits of being National with smaller cash flow projections. By the time you hit National, you should have a bumper crop of new talent ready to move up to the big time, which could (or should) propel you right to International/Global.

I had the time of my life when MAW was at Cult for a couple of years. Guys like American Patriot stuck around and Rip was always re-signing Jay until he became owner. That's two guaranteed stars on my roster throughout the entire time we were Cult - something that helped me out tremendously. In TEW08 a Cult promotion was pretty much the devil and now it's not half as bad as it used to be. If you have a sponsorship-friendly product (which I always do) you can survive Cult in TEW10 no problem.

You just need to limit how fast a worker gains popularity. Especially if they're one of your top stars. I know how great it feels to get someone massively over and turn them into a huge star (that's one of the reasons to play), but at Cult level you have to make sure you're not building TOO many stars or else you'll find yourself without ANY.

The biggest suggestion I can offer a person playing at Cult - get as many working agreements as you can. Try creating a pact with EVERY SINGLE PROMOTION. Not only will you have the ability to bring in talent from those promotions, but you never have to worry about them stealing your guys to written deals.

While playing the CVerse I always have pacts with TCW, USPW, NOTBPW, and a ton of regional promotions. SWF being the only promotion I truly had to worry about because Eisen always refuses. But what did I do to stop them from beign a major player? I had narratives kick them in the teeth around the time I hit Cult. So they were more worried about themselves then stealing my talent. You could call it "cheating", but it made for a fun game world. :cool:

I can't agree with this. Played well, you can have two brands at mid to high Cult and three at National, quite easily. The problem is, that doesn't feed into the 'GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!' temptation because "played well" means "proceeding slowly". And Cult is fun, especially in 2010 (it wasn't in 2008) primarily because, played well, you have many of the benefits of being National with smaller cash flow projections. By the time you hit National, you should have a bumper crop of new talent ready to move up to the big time, which could (or should) propel you right to International/Global.

You can't agree with this because you are very good at the game. I'm not talking about you (I hope I didn't offend you on that). I'm talking about people that have little to no clue on what they are doing.

Cult is easier in 2010 than it was 2008, but unless they are in the stable range at Cult, it's the same situation it's in 2008.

Heck, if I was referring to a high-level player like you (or maybe a lower-mid-level player like me), I wouldn't be even saying that you shouldn't reach Cult, now, would I? ;)

I think new players make the basic mistake: they treat their jumps from Regional to Cult as if it were the jumps were from Local to Small, or from Small to Regional.

Personally speaking, when I'm a Local promotion, my goal is to reach Small, and when I'm a Small promotion, my goal is to reach Regional. Each level brings more Sponsorship money, with not a huge rise in costs. I think they are other benefits, but I can't recall at this moment.

However, the jump from Regional to Cult cannot be treated in the same way, because, especially if you are at the lower end of Cult, your costs outweight your revenue. At this point, you need to have popular enough stars; however, such stars look very tempting for bigger and prestigious promotions to steal. Also, the amount of money you pay to stars to be at shows should be skyrocketing, especially if you can't sign them to Written contracts.

I was able to run two brands ever since I was mid Regional. I would run 2-4 shows a month, two in my home region to make money and one or two in the regions I wanted to expand into. The second brand allowed me to run small shows without my main eventers becoming upset that they were not being used. Once I had a TV show, I would alternate the brands that would be on TV each week.

By running two events in my home region, I was able to move to cult and still made 35,000 my first month. Once you have a TV show, you never have to leave your home region.

Archived