1995: War of The Worlds

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say this is one of the BEST mods i have played, ever. I love the fact that the data is very balanced and the game actually offers a challenge. You don't see too many really high rated matches; which is how it should be. In this respect, as well as on the workers skills you have got everything spot on. Awesome picture pack to. Everyone should play this mod. Hope you make more in the future as I will certainly be playing! Any plans for a next mod?

I have to say this is one of the BEST mods i have played, ever. I love the fact that the data is very balanced and the game actually offers a challenge. You don't see too many really high rated matches; which is how it should be. In this respect, as well as on the workers skills you have got everything spot on. Awesome picture pack to. Everyone should play this mod. Hope you make more in the future as I will certainly be playing! Any plans for a next mod?

Thanks, it's really nice to hear such great praise from someone who seems to enjoy the mod a lot. :)

I must say though that I couldn't have made such a great mod without BurningHamster, as his 1996 mod is the foundation upon which I built my own. :)

I'm not sure I'll do another mod as long as I still feel this baby can be improved upon... though the thought has of course crossed my mind. But it's a lot of work and takes a lot of time (this one has been 2-3 years in the making), so I don't really have time for a new one currently. But maybe in the future, if I get a great idea for a new mod...

Thanks, it's really nice to hear such great praise from someone who seems to enjoy the mod a lot. :)

I must say though that I couldn't have made such a great mod without BurningHamster, as his 1996 mod is the foundation upon which I built my own. :)

I'm not sure I'll do another mod as long as I still feel this baby can be improved upon... though the thought has of course crossed my mind. But it's a lot of work and takes a lot of time (this one has been 2-3 years in the making), so I don't really have time for a new one currently. But maybe in the future, if I get a great idea for a new mod...

Your time and effort has certainly paid off, it's a fantastic mod. I have attempted mods myself in the past but always reach the stage where I feel as though I don't have enough time or energy to knuckle down and do it justice, which makes your effort even more commendable. Thanks again and also to Burning Hamster for the base!

Your time and effort has certainly paid off, it's a fantastic mod. I have attempted mods myself in the past but always reach the stage where I feel as though I don't have enough time or energy to knuckle down and do it justice, which makes your effort even more commendable. Thanks again and also to Burning Hamster for the base!

Yeah I got burned out several times when making my mod, taking long breaks. Modding certainly isn't for everyone, and I think you need a strong will and eager to create and form something from your own mind in order to see it through. And patience. Lots of patience. :D

Yeah I got burned out several times when making my mod, taking long breaks. Modding certainly isn't for everyone, and I think you need a strong will and eager to create and form something from your own mind in order to see it through. And patience. Lots of patience. :D

Very true! I used to have patience in abundance when I was younger, but I guess as i've gotten abit older it's started to diminish - haha.

Having problems downloading this again (have switched computers from when I had it before), when I do it comes up as a threat to my antivirus. Help somehow please?

Are you by any chance using Avast antivirus? Avast sometimes mistakes harmless files as viruses.

I'm using Norton. I trust the file isn't a virus, but don't really know what to do on this one lol

Tell you what: I'll upload a new version either today or tomorrow, this time in an ordinary *.rar file. I think it's the *.exe file format that confuses certain virus scanners.

Version 1.02 out now!

...this time in *.rar format! Download link, as always, in the first post.

Not as huge an update as the last one. Changes include, but are not limited to:

- 23 new workers, mostly future workers of which most are announcers or referees

- Title lineages for more promotions (like SMW) and an overall more streamlined title history across the board

- 3 new future promotions

- Lots of overall tweaks and fixes

- A handful of new pics for the picture pack

I hope you'll enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

<p><span style="font-size:36px;">New picture pack update</span></p><p> </p><p>

I have updated the picture pack with new content:</p><p> </p><p>

- Brand new logos for every promotion</p><p>

- Some promotion logos has been added from the default database, for adding fantasy promotions</p><p>

- Event pictures for WCW, WWF, ECW and TNA</p><p>

- A few random tweaks here and there</p><p> </p><p>

The major thing for this update is the new promotion logos. I grew tired of the (admitably) pretty sloppy promotion pictures the mod contained up untill now and decided to re-do them all with a more consistent style and a lot more love. Examples below, both from the real world as well as the Cornell-verse extras:</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://www.slargos.se/slarfor/uploads/post-2-1304607254.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://www.slargos.se/slarfor/uploads/post-2-1304607296.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

Download link is in the first post. I hope you enjoy the new graphics!</p>

• 3 weeks later...

Halleluja! I *finally* managed to find a way to prevent the Japanese wrestlers from ultra-dominating the end of the year awards... at my latest sim, WCW got both match of the year, wrestler of the year and veteran of the year for 1995. The Japanese promotions are still doing strong (especially AJPW), as they should - but they are not way too dominating anymore. I'm very happy about this since it has in my eyes been the biggest remaining issue with this mod. Though perhaps I need to tweak WWF a bit, as their best guy is placed 33... but still, it's a major improvement overall. :)

Expect a new release within a few days with some fairly major changes and improvements.

Have you altered Davey Boy's stats in the latest batch of tweaks? What about Al Snow? I always forgot to mention but IIRC Al Snow's stats are awesome for performance and entertainment. Too awesome for Al Snow at any rate. I remember it being hilarious cos Avatar was about my nephew's most entertaining guy for WWF behind the main eventers (Hall, Nash, Taker, Shawn)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Inky The Squid Boy" data-cite="Inky The Squid Boy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28460" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Have you altered Davey Boy's stats in the latest batch of tweaks? What about Al Snow? I always forgot to mention but IIRC Al Snow's stats are awesome for performance and entertainment. Too awesome for Al Snow at any rate. I remember it being hilarious cos Avatar was about my nephew's most entertaining guy for WWF behind the main eventers (Hall, Nash, Taker, Shawn)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I have improved Davey Boy, who was severely underrated. I have also tweaked Al Snow a bit downwards.</p>

I've been farting with this mod a lot, really detailed. Turning WCW back around without firing half the roster is a neat little challenge. lol

Turning them around? They're loaded with talent, money and possibilities... you sure you're not confusing this mod with another? :)

Turning them around? They're loaded with talent, money and possibilities... you sure you're not confusing this mod with another? :)

WCW back then is a lot like TNA nowadays. Yes they have AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Nigel McGuinness, The Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, etc. But they also have Gunner, Rob Terry, Orlando Jordan, Scott Steiner and the rest of the old timers crew. So much good... so much chaff. From the initial WCW roster there's a good handful of guys that meet the axe before moving on. Lots of real life mistakes to correct character and storyline-wise. That's what I was more referring to... even with all that money and talent the real life WCW made a lot of stupid glaring mistakes as we all know. The firings of Vader, Steve Austin and Mick Foley being three huge ones I rectify right away.

even with all that money and talent the real life WCW made a lot of stupid glaring mistakes as we all know. The firings of Vader, Steve Austin and Mick Foley being three huge ones I rectify right away.

Oh I definately agree. Add Ricky Steamboat to the list of "dumb firings".

And their whole Dungeon of Doom vs. Hogan storyline is one of the dumbest main event feuds I can remember...

They have undoubtedly the two most over guys in the US in Flair and Hogan, man. Add in Sting, Luger and Savage and the roster is supercharged. Then there are prospects like Giant, Regal, Pillman and Eddie. Its an awesome roster. Thats without Arn and Big Bubba etc. Sure 90% of the Dungeon of Doom are worthless as are the likes of Jeff Farmer but they've got solid levels of pop to boost your other talents.

Its a pretty ideal set-up.

Archived