Two more questions: TV deals and popularity

Thanks Greg and all for taking the time to answer my many questions. I have two more:

1) What is the best way to go about getting a better timeslot on a network in which I already have a deal? If I renew a contract it will give me the same slot I'm in. Do I request negotiations with a current contract or should I cancel it and start over?

2) What are the letter grades I need to increase from cult to national? I was reading the FAQ and it said you need a minimum of 30% in all national territories which I thought translated to C-. I have at least a C- in all and an A in my home territory but I'm still cult.

TIA.

2) What are the letter grades I need to increase from cult to national? I was reading the FAQ and it said you need a minimum of 30% in all national territories which I thought translated to C-. I have at least a C- in all and an A in my home territory but I'm still cult.

National - over 65% in 75% of the regions in the home area, and a minimum of 30% in all of them.

I think you may have read it wrong bud ;)

1) What is the best way to go about getting a better timeslot on a network in which I already have a deal? If I renew a contract it will give me the same slot I'm in. Do I request negotiations with a current contract or should I cancel it and start over?

This is something that has plagued players for years. To get a better timeslot, you have to sign a new contract, not renew one. If you want to change your current timeslot, with your current provider, then you have to end the contract, and start over. No way around it.

Actually, I lied. Here's the trick that we learned, way back when:

In the final month of your current contract, request negotiations for a NEW SHOW, with a different name, with the network/timeslot you want. Let your current contract expire, putting your show off the air. Change the name of your now expired show to something different, and change the name of your new show to what your old show was called. Now, without any interruption, you have a show with the same name, broadcast in the timeslot you want.

Cheers!

Archived