Chance Fortune, The 2000 dollar man?

Guest KingOfKings

Guest KingOfKings

Okay so here's the story, I don't wanna give away too much since I might be doing a diary with this game.

Anyway the thing is i'm a regional promotion, I have $585,000 dollars in the bank and i'm making around 30,000 dollars a month. Chance Fortune just became available but this guy wants 2000 dollars per appearance and a 1000 dollar downside.

He's classified as an independent star and could do wonders for our pop. Just wondering, would this signing be worth it? Or should I hold the money out for someone else?

You'd be mad not to sign him. Share his popularity while keeping him to look strong, throw in a dark match to train up some kids (just something quick.) Like Remi said. Hell, is he good enough to be a Road Agent? Seems like a good way to improve across the board.

For 2,000 dollars he's a steal. And don't worry about using him multiple times, at NYCW I've used guys with 2,000 dollar contracts maybe once a show in an angle and not had a problem (granted, this was bringing in lunatic amounts of sponsorship).

Just from personal experience in my '07 diary, he was a huge boost for my company, giving good angles and match ratings. He comes with great overness for a regional company, and backed with actual decent skills and charisma, he will make a perfect addition to your main event.

In Parallel terms, I signed Frankie Perez for the same amount after TCW didn't renew him, and my shows have jumped from D+, C- to consistent C's and instead of being 2nd or 3rd each month in the regional wars, I have won every month since adding him. Fortune can have that kind of impact for you if you use him right.

Unanimous - and I'll add to that. Fortune is a steal at $2k for a smaller fed. He's likely to be better than almost anyone else you can pick up, and in my experience (07 and 08, at least) he would turn out MOTN or near enough night in, night out.

So long as he's not going to be just another warm body in a sea of TCW/SWF outcasts, snap him up and throw him in at the top.

Guest KingOfKings

Well luckily right before I was about to give him my main title, the bastard signs with SWF.

Heel champion beats him and he leaves after one appearance. I hate you SWF

Unfortunately that is one of the risks when running a smaller promotion. When a useful big name comes on the market, you pounce on them and hope you get a few shows out of them, but you realize they can be gone at any time whenever one of the big promotions expands.

Archived