Female Valet Question

I always see people talking about how their pushing their valets, but how? What can valets do within a storyline? I wish I could put one of my valets in a big storyline/angle but I dont know how. Like I see on WWE Smackdown, Serena in a storyline and what not, what could I do with my valets to make them more relevant in my company instead of standing around looking pretty, hyping their client and what not, I want them to do something more exciting.

I don't understand how you "push" a non-wrestler. I typically develop a dozen managers (I neither hire nor use 'valets') in every game I play. I use them the exact same way I use my wrestlers....minus the wrestling. I'm not one to ever use sex appeal based angles though since I tend to get better results with pretty much anything else.

I'm not one to ever use sex appeal based angles though since I tend to get better results with pretty much anything else.

Sex Appeal is useful for someone that hasn't developed enough Entertainment skills or Popularity to carry the segment. As long as you're not hitting the "Sex Appeal Cap" - as I like to call it - then it's a perfectly valid way to get someone involved.

Sex Appeal is useful for someone that hasn't developed enough Entertainment skills or Popularity to carry the segment. As long as you're not hitting the "Sex Appeal Cap" - as I like to call it - then it's a perfectly valid way to get someone involved.

The so-called Sex Appeal cap is easily reached. In fact, EVERY angle rated on sex appeal is subject to said cap, without exception. *shrug* If a worker rated on sex appeal is in an angle with anyone else not being rated on sex appeal, better results can be had by rating that manager type on entertainment. At least that's my experience and why I use the method(s) I use.

I must admit, it's a shame that there isn't a Valet push available anymore - I'm sure it was in '04, where a distinction was made between a Manager (usually male, wholly or mostly based on entertainment skills) and a Valet (usually female, wholly or mostly based on looks/sex appeal).

Valet have got over based on nothing more than their looks. Miss Elizabeth, Precious, Jeannie Adams and Torrie Wilson are all examples of valets who enhanced their clients' acts by nothing more than their presence...

In saying that, these have mainly come about as a result of emphasising the woman's looks in angles, and therefore the interest is more in the woman than the act as a whole. I seem to recall that Elizabeth appeared in a series of angles before she allied with Randy Savage, or possibly the angles came after - she was definitely highly promoted at that time, and her mic skills didn't much come into it.

Still, a valet would just add to the act on looks - entertainment wouldn't come into it.

At present, how is a manager's input assessed in angles/matches where they're not an active participant?

Is there an advantage to getting a valet over?

I've always been happy to just use them for the match boost, so that they never get an increase in popularity (and therefore rarely ask for more than minimum wage) while providing a valuable service.

At present, how is a manager's input assessed in angles/matches where they're not an active participant?

Mechanically, they prop up their client, covering for deficiencies. That's what the "<Worker> got a bonus for managerial help" note is for.

Is there an advantage to getting a valet over?

Yes. Overness factors into everything a worker does in an angle (with Menace being the possible exception). Emma Chase will get far better angle ratings when rated on sex appeal than say, Stephanie Drucker or Grace Harper.

Guest codey
Yes. Overness factors into everything a worker does in an angle (with Menace being the possible exception). Emma Chase will get far better angle ratings when rated on sex appeal than say, Stephanie Drucker or Grace Harper.

I found this out the hard way with my MAW game. I got big enough to hire Gino Montero to a written, and since his entertainment skill was at 84, I decided to debut him in an angle based on that. The angle tanked since he had no popularity in America, and the show suffered as a result.

What about a fed which is based purely on matches and has no angles (eg 4C)? Would it affect their sole role as manager in matches?

What about a fed which is based purely on matches and has no angles (eg 4C)? Would it affect their sole role as manager in matches?

No, it wouldn't. A manager isn't actually rated when in the passive manager position. It's only when angles come into play that a manager's stats (including overness) weigh in. Even Abi Romanov (with her next to no sex appeal, and low entertainment stats and almost no overness) can help a client as a passive manager.

Hey Remi, just out of curiousity, because I've never bothered to test this, do passive managers gain Popularity just from being there, in the same manner that announcers do?

I haven't seen it, but I haven't tested it extensively yet. If it is in, it's nowhere near as much as announcers get. I have a worker (Rebecca Richey) who has gained 26 overness everywhere but Australia (where she already had 40ish overness) simply for doing color on three (B) shows. When I test for chemistry with PPA workers, I have to assign the manager and book the worker and I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe managers get overness by simply being extended background.

Are you sure? I'm almost certain I've had several managers gain overness just from standing at ringside doing their thing, without angles. Maybe it depends on the product?

Almost certain? :) Easy enough to check. In my product (which is about as entertainment based as you can get while still maintaining a performance bias), it's not the case.

Archived