Who is the baddest heavyweight between Brock, Fedor, Hassan and James (foster)?

Who does WMMA2 think is the real baddest man in mma?

I intended to find out and to do so I set up a 4 man tournament where I imported the fighters to a database, I made som minor adjustments put Brocks submission skills up to around 70 and reduced Fedor's submission defense to 92, also fixed the ages of all participants.

Semi final 1: Hassan Fezzik vs James Foster

Semi final 2: Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko

Final: Fedor Emelianenko vs Hassan Fezzik

He would fedor is one of the most overrated MMA fighters today Brock would win in two round by KO

I am also of the belief that Fedor is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA.

lol these posts get more clueless everytime i read them! Can i ask a question, where either of you 2 watching mixed martial arts during the days of PRIDE? Because if you were then you will remember how Fedor beat the #2 / #3 ranked heavyweights in the world & went 14-0 in the biggest MMA org in the world.. I don't know about you but thats not what i would call overrated.

Fedor may not be the same fighter he once was but neither is Minotauro Nogueira or Mirko Cro Cop & i'd love to hear anyone dare to say they were overrated!

It's very similar to silly comments about Matt Hughes being overrated yet in reality he was one of the most dominant fighters in the entire sport during his prime! It's so sad that people seem to forget, or just don't know, history.

lol these posts get more clueless everytime i read them! Can i ask a question, where either of you 2 watching mixed martial arts during the days of PRIDE? Because if you were then you will remember how Fedor beat the #2 / #3 ranked heavyweights in the world & went 14-0 in the biggest MMA org in the world.. I don't know about you but thats not what i would call overrated.

Fedor may not be the same fighter he once was but neither is Minotauro Nogueira or Mirko Cro Cop & i'd love to hear anyone dare to say they were overrated!

It's very similar to silly comments about Matt Hughes being overrated yet in reality he was one of the most dominant fighters in the entire sport during his prime! It's so sad that people seem to forget, or just don't know, history.

Noticed I said today I'm not denying the guy was a beast IN HIS PRIME but its not his prime any more he's still a good fighter but overrated for what he once could do, and if him and Brock had a match Brock would beat him pretty bad imo but it could be a good fight. I dont think well see it though.

And Matt Hughes is still a bad mother ****er. I'd understand if Fedor had been raped by Werdum, but the dude knocked his opponent down, stormed in without regard for his own defense and got caught by a nasty submission. I recall the same thing happening to a certain Brock Lesnar. Funny people weren't saying Fedor was past his prime after he almost knocked Roger's head off. Anyone can be caught by a submission, especially if they're too hotheaded and want to finish a fight. You can be in your prime or you can't, if an armbar is that deep, you're tapping out, unless you're Dan Hardy or Royce Gracie.

And Matt Hughes is still a bad mother ****er. I'd understand if Fedor had been raped by Werdum, but the dude knocked his opponent down, stormed in without regard for his own defense and got caught by a nasty submission. I recall the same thing happening to a certain Brock Lesnar. Funny people weren't saying Fedor was past his prime after he almost knocked Roger's head off. Anyone can be caught by a submission, especially if they're too hotheaded and want to finish a fight. You can be in your prime or you can't, if an armbar is that deep, you're tapping out, unless you're Dan Hardy or Royce Gracie.

Actually, tons of people started saying Fedor was overrated after the Rogers fight. Fedor looked pretty horrible in that fight until he did land the punch... I mean, he got swept by a guy who probably wouldn't even have a purple belt in jiu jitsu... Not to mention ate some big punches that could have seen the fight stopped, dude's head was bouncing off the canvas like a basketball on a couple of them... So yeah... A lot of people said Fedor was overrated and past his prime after Rogers.

Actually, tons of people started saying Fedor was overrated after the Rogers fight. Fedor looked pretty horrible in that fight until he did land the punch... I mean, he got swept by a guy who probably wouldn't even have a purple belt in jiu jitsu... Not to mention ate some big punches that could have seen the fight stopped, dude's head was bouncing off the canvas like a basketball on a couple of them... So yeah... A lot of people said Fedor was overrated and past his prime after Rogers.

Neh, I still don't think its enough to warrant a whole bandwagon of people saying how overrated Fedor is. To people, everything's either overrated or underrated, there's no middle ground. Fedor could quite easily avenge that loss, it doesn't take anything away from a fight with Overeem. Plus the guy's 33 and he's took some big shots that Brock probably couldn't have even stomached, there's no such thing as an invincible fighter.

Actually, tons of people started saying Fedor was overrated after the Rogers fight.

It seems ever dominant fighter in this sport is just one fight away from being called overrated! Really, i hate that word! Sure Brett Roger's gave Fedor more of a fight than many thought he would but this assumption that Fedor was losing that fight are wide of the mark.. I'm not one for stats either However lets look at them anyway:

Fedor landed 60% of his strikes thrown with a total 29 landing & 9 of those deemed "powerful strikes" .. Rogers also landed 60% of his strikes thrown with a total of 27 landing & 1 of those deemed a "powerful strike"

Both fighters landed 14 ground strikes & when you bare in mind that Rogers only landed 1 power strike (which happened on the ground) then this sort of ends the theory that Rogers was smashing Fedor on the ground.

& finally, Fedor also was 2 for 2 in takedown attempts where as Rogers attempted 0 & had 1 reversal.

Now like i said, i'm not one for stats so i'm not going to go on about them too much but it's pretty obvious that this perception that Fedor was getting beat up by Rogers is complete BS.. It was an even fight!

It seems ever dominant fighter in this sport is just one fight away from being called overrated! Really, i hate that word! Sure Brett Roger's gave Fedor more of a fight than many thought he would but this assumption that Fedor was losing that fight are wide of the mark.. I'm not one for stats either However lets look at them anyway:

Fedor landed 60% of his strikes thrown with a total 29 landing & 9 of those deemed "powerful strikes" .. Rogers also landed 60% of his strikes thrown with a total of 27 landing & 1 of those deemed a "powerful strike"

Both fighters landed 14 ground strikes & when you bare in mind that Rogers only landed 1 power strike (which happened on the ground) then this sort of ends the theory that Rogers was smashing Fedor on the ground.

& finally, Fedor also was 2 for 2 in takedown attempts where as Rogers attempted 0 & had 1 reversal.

Now like i said, i'm not one for stats so i'm not going to go on about them too much but it's pretty obvious that this perception that Fedor was getting beat up by Rogers is complete BS.. It was an even fight!

This is either fightmetric or that other site which I can't remember. Neither of them are reliable.

I'm not getting into another Fedor debate as I think I've done that plenty in the Dog Pound thread but using fightmetric or uhhh compustrike I think to prove your point isn't going to work. This is the same sites that had Couture winning the first round of his fight with Nog and that spectacularly miscounted the strikes in Machida - Shogun 1.

This is either fightmetric or that other site which I can't remember. Neither of them are reliable.

I'm not getting into another Fedor debate as I think I've done that plenty in the Dog Pound thread but using fightmetric or uhhh compustrike I think to prove your point isn't going to work. This is the same sites that had Couture winning the first round of his fight with Nog and that spectacularly miscounted the strikes in Machida - Shogun 1.

Umm if you read what i said then i clearly said i wasn't using the stats to make any point at all.. Just go watch the fight back & actually pay attention to the fight, it will soon become clear that Rogers didn't dominate Fedor.

Umm if you read what i said then i clearly said i wasn't using the stats to make any point at all.. Just go watch the fight back & actually pay attention to the fight, it will soon become clear that Rogers didn't dominate Fedor.

Well he wasn't dominating him but Rogers clearly took round 1. Then he got blasted so it doesn't really matter though.

I laugh when people say:

"Fedor is overrated!

...and Brock is the best!"

I really hate this Zuffa era of MMA.

Both of those sentences are really appropriate depending on who you're talking to.

But who, by the by, do you think is the best heavyweight?

I didnt see any body say Brock is the best?:confused: BUt Fedor really is past his prime and overrated

Past his prime? Yes.

Overrated? How do you work that one out?

It is a remarkable feat for anybody in this sport to go 15 fights undefeated let alone 31.. & please enough of the "he only fought cans" speech, seriously people need to stop assuming that if your not in the UFC then your no good.. There is ALOT of extremely talented fighters outside the UFC!

Archived