Your Favorite Commercials?

Remianen

I could've sworn we had a thread like this once. But there's a series of commercials that has blown me away of late, which is notable because I haven't really liked commercials (besides the Super Bowl ones, which seems the only time companies get creative).

Of course, I like the Betty White Snickers commercial as well as the Aretha Franklin one. But no, the ones that have caught me are Allstate's Mayhem commercials:

Teen Driver

Large Espresso <-- my all time favorite right now ("Cuz that's what I do")

Tree Branch

Pink Barbells

Okay, someone put me onto some other great ones (besides the Apple 1984 one).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Possibly the most famous commercial in Canadian history: MUST WATCH

My Name is Joe; and I Am Canadian

It produced some follow up commercials that were comical..

Arrogant American Hockey Fight:

Pet Beaver:

I had seen the first one, but not the last two. I enjoyed the hockey fight one a lot, ha. My college roommate has dual citizenship in Canada and the US. I thoroughly enjoyed acting like a "dumb American" and would criticize him about the smallest things (joking). These commercials reminded me of that. :D

Possibly the most famous commercial in Canadian history: MUST WATCH

My Name is Joe; and I Am Canadian

That was cute. :)

Yeah, the eTrade baby is awesome too! I like the one where they're crying over their overpriced broker's new yacht. :p

I'm going to post an ad from Korea that isn't a great ad but shows how savvy some marketers are.

The boys are the biggest band in Korea at the moment (Big Bang) and the girls were four unknowns. Flash forward a year and the girls (called 2NE1) are very nearly as popular as Big Bang and have had a slew of K-Pop songs and endorsement deals.

This is the ad that launched a girl group. By associating them with a massively over Boy Band. Naturally they're both on the same label.

Lollipop (phone)

Remi's probably the only one who'll appreciate that extended explanation.

I'm going to post an ad from Korea that isn't a great ad but shows how savvy some marketers are.

The boys are the biggest band in Korea at the moment (Big Bang) and the girls were four unknowns. Flash forward a year and the girls (called 2NE1) are very nearly as popular as Big Bang and have had a slew of K-Pop songs and endorsement deals.

This is the ad that launched a girl group. By associating them with a massively over Boy Band. Naturally they're both on the same label.

Lollipop (phone)

Remi's probably the only one who'll appreciate that extended explanation.

Is it me or are they trying to do a modernized, Korean take on Millie Small's "My Boy Lollipop" in this ad?

Is it me or are they trying to do a modernized, Korean take on Millie Small's "My Boy Lollipop" in this ad?

I don't know who Millie Small is, but since there is no copyright law in South Korea (or most of Asia) it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I don't know who Millie Small is, but since there is no copyright law in South Korea (or most of Asia) it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

One hit wonder girl from the 60's. If you've ever heard My Boy Lollipop on an oldies station, it was most likely Millie Small singing.

I was looking this one up and I get the feeling there was different song in the American version; which is amazing because the main version this ad was loved so much in Europe was because of the music:

This is one isn't too bad either:

This ad was so popular at the time my year used the song as our graduation song:

And of course the sequel:

I like this one better. A LOT better. I hated the original walk-in fridge ad. It seemed one dimensional. Also being a non-drinker, I felt a little left out of the joke. This one both mocks and pays homage to the idea at the same time. Awesome ad.

This Irn Bru advert always made me laugh, obviously knowing the Snowman cartoon helps.

First time I saw that one I was in stitches.

It's clear I'm never asking you for comedy advice. It needs to be physical painful to watch these ads. Only then could the sensation be complete.

It's clear I'm never asking you for comedy advice. It needs to be physical painful to watch these ads. Only then could the sensation be complete.

lol, each to their own I suppose.

I tried watching some of these but keep getting a 502 error thing on lots of them, have to check back later.

Archived