A TEW Community Idea...

Hey guys, long time, no see!

I have this Fantasy Booking idea, called the W-1 promotion, here’s the link, in case you would like to get some general information on that idea:

W-1 External Link

(PLEASE NOTE: Disregard the Create-A-Wrestler application on this page, that idea was pretty much dead before it began.)

The original premise is just to have me and friend writing the shows. But, I was thinking, “Wouldn’t it be cool if there were a large group writing this instead of just two people?”

So, in that spirit (and since I will be using TEW as the gaming engine), I’ve decided to start the FIRST, Community Fantasy Booking Federation! We will still use the W-1 promotion as the E-Fed, but I want to run it totally different than before thought of.

The Premise:

The premise is to have anywhere from 5-10 people working as people in the Board of Directors (BoD). From there, I plan on splitting the group into 4 groups (for each weight division), the list of wrestlers in that weight class, and basic characteristic traits. The people in that group of people will talk amongst themselves, and come up with storylines/angles for those characters.

I will choose a leader of that group, and the person will let me know of what they’re planning to do, and we’ll do the shows from there.

Board of Directors:

The Board of Directors is the people who work backstage in the W-1 promotion; they are the people responsible for making the show run.

The idea is to have people occupy these spots, and they could create on-screen characters as they deem necessary, but the top 5 people are considered to be people who could invest more of their time in the writing of the shows in this case (and will likely become the leaders of the respective groups). Once the names/positions are solidified, you will possess this spot until the end of the W-1 season. After the season is over, the positions are reset, and the names involved on the list are cleared so any new people could join. I’ll continue this cycle for every new season.

The other 5 people are considered to be either helpers, or even advisors, to the people writing, and are for the people who have a busy schedule and could only help out some of the time.

Here is the Top-5 (People who could invest A LOT of time in writing the shows:

W-1 CEO/Owner: Chris Joseph (me, Permanent position)

W-1 President: Ty Hulk (open)

W-1 Commissioner: Henzo Hattori (open)

W-1 Head Booker (open)

W-1 Head Writer (open)

FYI, the names of the Head Booker and Writer are of no importance, this is due to the fact that those spots tend to change (like in real life), so when a new person takes over that spot the next season, that person could come up with any name applicable. All other names are open for change, depending upon the person joining.

Here are the other spots available positions:

People who could invest SOME time in writing the shows:

W-1 Vice President: Bobby Love (MonsterEnergy)

W-1 Deputy Commissioner: J.T. Smith (open)

People who could invest LITTLE time in writing the shows:

W-1 Executive Consultant: Lance Greene (Xodus)

W-1 Assistant Booker: Stage Name TBD (Only Kurt)

W-1 Assistant Writer: Tom Shank (Twiztid)

(NOTE: This is the most updated list, as of 28 Jul 2010, I also have this join-up topic in two other forums, and this will be the third (Hence the term "Community Booking Federation", there are more than one group of people participating)

Now, mind you that regardless of whether you could devote some, or little, time, if the person in charge asks for a meeting, everyone in that group is required to try and make the meeting (or at least give a reason for not being able to make it). This is so that one person isn’t writing everything (which defeats the purpose of a Community Fantasy Federation).

Which gets me to…

BoD Meetings:

Like I said above, the group will be split up into 4 groups. One for the Heavyweight Division, one for the Middleweight Division, one for the Lightweight Division, and one for the Women’s Division.

The people able to devote the most time (or the Top 5 people) will be the leaders of each grouping. They are the final decision for all storylines/angles, so any new idea will be pitched to them for approval before being brought to me (I am the “Owner” after all, and I’ll more than likely will pass through most ideas that come up to me, as long as it’s not too ridiculous) for approval.

Meetings will be on the forum I created, will have their own part of the forum that will only be open to us. No one will be able to look at it, or post on it, unless you’re a Moderator. The schedule and frequency of the “meetings” will be per the leader’s discretion. But once the meeting is called out by the leaders, the group is required to be present (unless they are too busy to make it, and must give a reason for why).

Shows:

There will be 2 shows per week and 1 PPV per month. The shows are:

W-1 Monday Night Wrestling

W-1 Friday Night Fights

The Pay-Per-Views there will be 5 main ones:

W-1 Showdown I (September)

W-1 Showdown II (October)

W-1 Battlefield (December)

W-1 Havoc (January)

W-1 Ground Zero (April)

All other Pay-Per-Views will be named after the Main Event match occurring.

How this will all occur, will be that the Sunday before the week, I will come out with the rough outline for the shows/events, the group responsible for that weight division match will get together and write that segment (before, during, and ending), then they will post up (or PM) me on their contributions to that show/event.

I will then add that piece of the puzzle, along with the other group’s entries, and will complete the total show and post it on the day of the show/event. This way you could develop the storylines and angles on your own.

I think this explains the premise of my idea, as well as explaining how I plan to carry it out. I just want to put out one other thing out there. The original premise that I had for W-1 was to have a seasonal schedule, starting on June and ending on February. But since I am deciding to go this route, the schedule has shifted; now, the season will start in the middle of August and end in the end of April.

Other than that, I am done with stating my idea. I think this would be a fun way to do shows, and it would be interesting to see where people take the idea of the W-1, the wrestlers involved, and how they go about booking/writing the shows.

If you are interested in taking part in this little experiment, feel free to let me know on this subject. I will only ask that you PM me an e-mail address, so I could shoot you an invite, from there you'll register, and I will make you a Moderator shortly thereafter.

And after the other 5 spots are filled, all joining will be stopped. I will also post on that other websites, and probably cut and paste this on that place as well.

In case you need a link to the forum this is taking place at, click here:

The W-1 Forum

(Please note that it is still under construction, but will be completed in the next couple of days (to include calendar updates, rules, etc), so please be patient)

Hope to get some people involved! I am just putting a "feeler" to see if there is any interest here, so if there is, just write down here that you're interested and what position you'd like.

Thank you.

-Diaolicalx911

Archived