4c Presents...A New Era

“Come on Mr. Avatar….we need you”.

I sat there looking at one of the shortest grown men I have ever seen before. For his name seemed ironic as he seems more like a loser to me than a winner. Troy had been bugging me to jump on board for years but I always felt like it was a dead end. 15 years he has been in business and I can tell you that every year since the late 90’s I didn’t think he was going to last and every year he did. Troy and I go back to high school. Being 40 years old I was a grade above him but that didn’t stop us from becoming good friends. Troy was always a manipulative, ruthless but also humble person if you can believe that. It always seemed like he had a business mind. We had been big fans of wrestling in high school. We were huge fans of such names as Dan Stone, Crippler, George DeColt and many others. I have always wondered about his financial situation with the business and all and when prospecting me to jump on board he let me in on it.

“Listen Jack, we have about a hundred thousand dollars flowing through the company, we obviously can’t compete with the other Canadian promotions but we are not so small time either. Listen, I am making money but I seem to be failing to enrich the company and make it grow. I need your help. Listen, I will give you complete control but there are certain rules. By making the company grow you still need to be making money. Don’t sign anybody who can be considered stiff or dangerous in the ring, we don’t need anybody getting hurt around here. When signing somebody I really think you should take into account their charismatic ability as I think the company could be heading in sort of a more entertaining direction and last please don’t sign me any headaches. I want any worker you sign to be some-what reputable. That’s all I ask, as long as you do not lose any money than I guess I really have nothing to lose anyway. Just don’t set us back in popularity and we should be fine regardless. What do you say?”

I think for a couple of seconds, this beats working construction and I know a job like this might only come once in a lifetime. Wrestling is my passion but what if I run the company into the ground? What would come of me than? I guess we will have to see what happens…

“Troy, I accept this position. I will get right to work…there is a lot to do.”

Archived