Just a Fun Little Idea

Huntman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Basically, we would decide on a movie. A day and time that would work best. Then we'd go out and buy, rent, or do whatever to get the movie. Then we'd have a MSN group chat or something else. Like...whatever else group chat messenger thing would work.

So say we decide on "The Beverly Hillbillies" with Jim Varney. We'll decide to watch it on Saturday at 7:00 PM whoever's time.

Which, timing would be our only problem. So if we decide a time. We'll have to make it to work for us. So, like 7 Central. And that would be 8 for others or 6.

Then we'll pop the disc/whatever in. Countdown from 5 and press play.

Sounds good and maybe if people want to do smaller ones or different days or whatever, they could make a post here with planed movie, day and time. See if others are interested and if they should change day or time slightly. Though I would say be careful picking a movie. Something a lot of people would have or something on Netflix on Demand (I know a good number of people here have it). Or maybe one of them movies that always gets a strong following like The Princess Bride (though I know a lot of people who have never seen it), but try and avoid some cult films like Brazil (as many will never have seen it, it is quite expensive, and hard to rent).

Sounds good and maybe if people want to do smaller ones or different days or whatever, they could make a post here with planed movie, day and time. See if others are interested and if they should change day or time slightly. Though I would say be careful picking a movie. Something a lot of people would have or something on Netflix on Demand (I know a good number of people here have it). Or maybe one of them movies that always gets a strong following like The Princess Bride (though I know a lot of people who have never seen it), but try and avoid some cult films like Brazil (as many will never have seen it, it is quite expensive, and hard to rent).

I have never seen The Princess Bride. :(

I am down for watching almost anything.

How have you never seen the Princess Bride? I could kind of understand if you were a guy and the title stopped you from watching it as a kid. It is one of them classic kid movies that works even better for adults.

How have you never seen the Princess Bride? I could kind of understand if you were a guy and the title stopped you from watching it as a kid. It is one of them classic kid movies that works even better for adults.

I don't watch much TV. I have seen the "Whine in front of me" scene from Youtube, coz SF said to watch it. Other than that I remember skimming stations one day and seen a few minutes of another part. That's it.

I am sadden by this. Andre the Giant is too.

And really. We can do anything. From a TV show to a movie to a wrestling event. And can do a voting for movies. And the top two will be watched or whatever really.

I am sadden by this. Andre the Giant is too.

And really. We can do anything. From a TV show to a movie to a wrestling event. And can do a voting for movies. And the top two will be watched or whatever really.

I keep saying I am going to watch it. Guess I will have to just so you are not sad anymore.

Archived