wrestling newbie question

so...in terms of match quality a higher or lower stiffness would be better? is it possible to be very stiff and yet be a "safe" wrestler? there are two different ratings so I assume they are different, but they've got to be connected somehow, right?

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium]DDT, according to almost every source I've read, doesn't actually stand for anything wrestling related. It's rumoured to be based on the insecticide (as mentioned above, bugger if I'm going to try and spell it :p), but it's not an acronym for any wrestling hold in the way that DVD or STF are.[/QUOTE] Yep, Jake admitted as much in a web radio program a year or so back. He also invented the move by slipping while applying a front facelock. On another note, what [I]does[/I] STF stand for?

[QUOTE=dime]so...in terms of match quality a higher or lower stiffness would be better? is it possible to be very stiff and yet be a "safe" wrestler? there are two different ratings so I assume they are different, but they've got to be connected somehow, right?[/QUOTE] In terms of match quality, the higher stiffness the better. Although too high might risk injuring your opponent, so it's generally excepted that somewhere between 40 and 60% is a good balance between realism and safety. Safety is linked to stiffness I guess, sortof. There are some wrestlers who are generally safe, but really stiff (Vader, Holly), and some who aren't stiff at all but very unsafe (most Backyard wrestlers). It's certainly possibly to be stiff and safe at the same time though. That's the mark of a great wrestler (See: Benoit, Angle, Lesnar, Kenta Kobashi).

Archived