BBCF 2010 Mod

All I've done with this mod is update Vegas Vic's 2008 Mod, by adding the two new bowls this year (Pinstripe Bowl and Dallas Football Classic), added the logos for those bowls and also updated the payouts for the bowls.

Haven't changed anything else. I'm also working on a superconference mod that will add to this by reflecting the changes of the new conference alignments for next year and beyond all in one season. That'll follow this one, but for now...I decided to just release the update of the 2008 mod for people who wanted those. I've run a season and everything seems to work fine.

Here's a link

Ok, here's my updated conference mod. I ran a decade-long sim starting in 2012 with it and it worked with no problems.

Here are the changes I made:

- Added the appropriate teams to the Pac-12, Big 12, Big Ten. (I didn't change the names of the Big Ten and Big 12, I figured you could do that yourselves based on what you wanted to rename them) The Big Ten title game is set for Lucas Oil Stadium and I put the Pac-12 title game at Chase Field in Phoenix, since I wanted it to be in a warm weather place not in California that wasn't at a stadium already being used for a bowl game or something. And it used to host a bowl, so I didn't think it was that far fetched.

- Added Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State, Hawaii and Utah State to the Mountain West and created a MWC Championship Game that's played at Invesco Field in Denver.

- Added Temple to the Big East, from Independent, since the game won't allow an uneven division in the MAC.

- Added BYU to the independent ranks.

- Added Montana, Montana State, Texas-San Antonio and Texas State to the WAC.

I didn't add logos for the created schools, since I don't intend to play with them at all and the logos in this game don't factor much anyway. Even if you make changes to this setup, it'll be easier to do with most of the work done already. Here's the file.

<p>Here's an update of that update. The changes include:</p><p> </p><p>

- Added South Alabama to the Sun Belt</p><p> </p><p>

In this universe, the Big East becomes an all-sport conference and breaks off from the football league, which renames itself the Yankee Football Conference. It's a 14-team league that includes all of the Big East teams and adds Temple, UMass, Holy Cross, Delaware, Charlotte and Georgia State.</p><p> </p><p>

The championship game is at New Meadowlands Stadium and I didn't rename the league in this file, they're just the Big East so you can do whatever you want with the name.</p><p> </p><p>

All of the other changes from the other file are still existing in this one.</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.filefront.com/17255581/BBCF2013.zip" rel="external nofollow">http://www.filefront.com/17255581/BBCF2013.zip</a></p>

• 2 weeks later...

Alex,

Are you asking about the pstats and psetup files?

You can place them both in the C:\Program Files\GDS\Bowl Bound College Football directory and start a new game to get the updates.

If you change anything using Access in say the pstats file, say your stadium name, you will need to start a new game for it to pick up... or so my experience has shown.

Alex,

Are you asking about the pstats and psetup files?

You can place them both in the C:\Program Files\GDS\Bowl Bound College Football directory and start a new game to get the updates.

If you change anything using Access in say the pstats file, say your stadium name, you will need to start a new game for it to pick up... or so my experience has shown.

My apologies.

What I meant is that I was asking whether to have to put all the updates (08, conf-mod, 2013 and 2010) all together in the one game so as to run all the updates at same time in one game.

• 2 months later...
My apologies.

What I meant is that I was asking whether to have to put all the updates (08, conf-mod, 2013 and 2010) all together in the one game so as to run all the updates at same time in one game.

No, you just need to choose the iteration you want to run with because they can't run all at the same time.

Ok, here's my updated conference mod. I ran a decade-long sim starting in 2012 with it and it worked with no problems.

Here are the changes I made:

- Added the appropriate teams to the Pac-12, Big 12, Big Ten. (I didn't change the names of the Big Ten and Big 12, I figured you could do that yourselves based on what you wanted to rename them) The Big Ten title game is set for Lucas Oil Stadium and I put the Pac-12 title game at Chase Field in Phoenix, since I wanted it to be in a warm weather place not in California that wasn't at a stadium already being used for a bowl game or something. And it used to host a bowl, so I didn't think it was that far fetched.

- Added Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State, Hawaii and Utah State to the Mountain West and created a MWC Championship Game that's played at Invesco Field in Denver.

- Added Temple to the Big East, from Independent, since the game won't allow an uneven division in the MAC.

- Added BYU to the independent ranks.

- Added Montana, Montana State, Texas-San Antonio and Texas State to the WAC.

I didn't add logos for the created schools, since I don't intend to play with them at all and the logos in this game don't factor much anyway. Even if you make changes to this setup, it'll be easier to do with most of the work done already. Here's the file.

I will edit this soon and upload a new one with the current football moves of TCU to the Big East.

• 1 year later...

Ok, so soon was a year after I said I would. But I never play this game anymore.

I've updated my file with the conference changes as we know them to date, but with the existing teams I added for balance purposes. So that means it's not 100% real life accurate.

The deviations include:

Montana and Montana St. have been moved up to FBS and play in the WAC

The Big East is split into 2 divisions with Air Force as the 6th team in the Western Division and the East with Navy along with the other announced changes from real life. The Big East title game is played at MetLife Stadium. (New Meadowlands Stadium)

South Alabama (Sun Belt), UNC-Charlotte (C-USA), Georgia State (C-USA), Holy Cross (Ind.), Delaware (Ind.) have all been brought up to FBS.

Utah State was moved to the MWC to keep it at 8 teams.

As far as real-life modifications, Pitt and Syracuse have been moved to the ACC, Texas A&M and Mizzou to the SEC. I've fixed the B1G division to model them as they are in real life, we didn't know them when I originally released this mod.

West Virginia and TCU have been moved to the Big 12.

UMass is in the MAC.

Fresno State, Hawaii and Nevada to the MWC.

South Alabama to the Sun Belt and Texas State, UT-San Antonio to the WAC.

Finally, I edited the bowl names to their current names. The International Bowl no longer exists, but I didn't want to delete it. So I just edited to the proposed but rejected, Cure Bowl that was proposed to take place at UCF's Stadium. In-game it will take UCF or an at-large team and a team from the Sun Belt.

So even if you want to make other modifications, it'll help you along and if not, it should serve as a far better option for your future sim league needs.

Here's the link!

DC, thanks for the mod!

Also, for anyone who knows, if I download this mod and use it, can I bring in a roster from a previous save under another mod?

For example, I downloaded one of DC's earlier mods and made a few adjustments (i.e. changed team prestige a little bit, etc.). I have now started a season with Akron.

However, if I were to now download DC's new mod, could I start a new league and use my old roster (so I don't have to acquaint myself with new players)?

Thanks!

DC, thanks for the mod!

Also, for anyone who knows, if I download this mod and use it, can I bring in a roster from a previous save under another mod?

For example, I downloaded one of DC's earlier mods and made a few adjustments (i.e. changed team prestige a little bit, etc.). I have now started a season with Akron.

However, if I were to now download DC's new mod, could I start a new league and use my old roster (so I don't have to acquaint myself with new players)?

Thanks!

You'd have to start from scratch, you can't use the old file with a new pstats. You have to start over. There might be a roster mechanism to export/import, but I'm not aware of it.

So I've updated my file again.

This time it's based on the original file that I modded, so there shouldn't be any problems loading it.

The changes to this in contrast to the other one:

The only non-FBS teams in the game are Montana and Montana State who are in the WAC so they can keep that conference at 8 teams.

All of the other conference alignments should be the same as their future setups. I think I forgot to add UMass to this one too, then. But if you want them, you can do that.

Only other change is that the International Bowl in this version is called the Silver Maple Bowl and takes place in Burlington, Vermont. (MAC v. Big East)

I added a new bowl too, called the Coors Pikes Peak Bowl, which takes place at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver and pits the Sun Belt #2 versus either Colorado State or an at-large team.

http://www.mediafire.com/?itqtc08n13a8zvt

http://mediafire.com/download.php?sug931njkseasiv

Okay, I updated that file. It had some problems with the divisions since I couldn't test it (I'm editing it at work) but this one should fix those problems. Also, I added UMass to this file.

The extra bowl game? I dunno, it was just fun to add two cold weather bowl games. And the Sun Belt has very few in-game tie-ins, so I thought I'd throw them a bone.

DC, I don't know if this is part of the error, but when I was looking at the pstats file in Access, I noticed that Cincinnati was in a non-existent division for the Big East.

Also, I've noticed that you've edited all of the conferences to have an even amount of teams. Can you have a conference with an odd number of teams?

DC, I don't know if this is part of the error, but when I was looking at the pstats file in Access, I noticed that Cincinnati was in a non-existent division for the Big East.

Also, I've noticed that you've edited all of the conferences to have an even amount of teams. Can you have a conference with an odd number of teams?

No, I don't believe you can have a conference with odd number of divisions. Odd number of teams yes, but odd divisions I don't think so.

And I think you might have found the problem. Let me fix that and reupload. Thanks for sleuthing, because I was tired of it. :)

No prob, DC! Thank-you for all of your work. It's much appreciated!

Would you be able to run a quick season or two sim on the updated file to make sure it's good to go? I really appreciated that about your past files. I could quickly plug and play without having to worry about something going wrong half-way through the season or a couple of seasons in.

Also, could you just attach your file to your next reply? I don't mind going to the other website, but I trust GDS' website to be a bit more virus-free. Call me paranoid, but I'd rather not have my computer catch a cold! :-)

Okay, so I put Temple and UMass back into the MAC, made BYU an independent, fixed Cincinnati's division and so, that should make it work. But someone let me know. This is an update of the mod I uploaded yesterday.

I can't test it until I get home since the game won't install here.

DC, I ran into a few issues when I downloaded your latest mod and tried to run it.

1) Why is Nebraska's city labeled as Tuscon, AZ?

2) In the conference table, you still have the Independents as having only 2 teams instead of 3 (with BYU).

3) I noticed that South Alabama did not have a "0" in its division column in the "Teams" table.

I tried fixing #2 & #3, but even after doing so, I ran into error RTE 91 and something about an object block variable not being set properly. Any idea of what this could be?

Archived