Perfect Show Theory

Can someone explain the Perfect Show Theory to me as much as they can please.

I have it turned off ad don't know whether it would benefit having it on.

My semi main event o my last show got a 74.

My main event got a 62 (not clicking all over the place).

My overall rating was 60.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as to what I can do.

Cheers

Fox

I believe the ratio is:

70% main event

20% co main event

10% everything else.

The opener is the most important segment in 'everything else', if that bombs it can hit your grade I find.

That's the mechanic at any rate. Since I suck at this game I'm not gonna offer any advice...

Perfect Show Theory explanation:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=732725&postcount=73

Also, the 70% ME, 20% Semi-ME and 10% everything else (Opener + all other matches) applies whether you have Perfect Show Theory on or not.

I believe the Opener is important for TV shows...see here: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1029916&postcount=15

And some helpful links:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133875&highlight=perfect+show+theory

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131489&highlight=perfect+show+theory

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137489&highlight=perfect+show+theory

Hope that helps.

After reading through the links and before I start necroing old threads, I'll ask here: So far, I thought the opener had to be a match, no matter if performance or popularity based fed. Yet, it would seem that in a popularity based fed, if the opening segment is an angle (one that you can be sure about will rate high), it works as well as an opening, 3rd best match of the show .. match, in a performance based fed? Can someone clarify this? If so, I can continue booking the way I have so far (I always start with an angle for my top storyline) but avoid "random" matches between top stars for the opening match.

The opening match being your third best is a myth was created in 07 or 08. Your first match of the show does not have to be your third best match. The overall show ratings are the same no matter if its your third best or sixth best match. The only two matches that you need to truly concern yourself with are the main event and the semi main event. EVERY other match on the card COMBINED makes up 10 percent. Also even if your a pop based promotion you don't have to have an angle first.

If you're asking from a PST perspective on angles I'm not sure, I turned it off since I don't like having to book in a formulaic way. Otherwise it makes no difference where angles and matches are.

After reading through the links and before I start necroing old threads, I'll ask here: So far, I thought the opener had to be a match, no matter if performance or popularity based fed. Yet, it would seem that in a popularity based fed, if the opening segment is an angle (one that you can be sure about will rate high), it works as well as an opening, 3rd best match of the show .. match, in a performance based fed? Can someone clarify this? If so, I can continue booking the way I have so far (I always start with an angle for my top storyline) but avoid "random" matches between top stars for the opening match.

If I understood half what you said; the myth that Stennick was referring to, I am pretty sure Adam has confirmed as to it not being true. But, the reason it was "created", is that if you start off with a good match or angle, the crowd is hot. Thus, creating a positive butterfly effect to your next segments. But if you start with a uninteresting angle or a bad match, the butterfly effect is negative.

In some ways it seems like you want to avoid the 'peaks and valleys' that were at one point thought to be gospel PST. Run three or more great matches in a row and you get dirt sheet penalties for burnt out crowds, but if you put a 'breather' segment inbetween you get dirt sheet penalties for lowering the crowd's mood, and in particularly bad cases the subsequent match gets dinged for performing to a cold crowd. That being said, the relative effects may balance out, I'm not entirely sure.

Opening matches, along with pre-show stuff, will affect the crowd as it does just with any other segment. The origin of the opening segment myth is simple... in older games (might still be true now) you'd get better TV ratings for opening the show with a strong segment... but given that this really isn't important in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty much irrelevant.

And now that I've repeated this a few times, hopefully people will remember it so that I don't end up repeating it again. :p

you can burn out the crowd and recover too though, oddly enough.

I play with auto save off a lot just to play around with match cards, and really all that matters are the last 2, but like others have said.. every thing leading up to the last 2 matches effects the last 2 matches. So it would make sense to get the crowd going before the S/ME.

So it would make sense to get the crowd going before the S/ME.

I usually I try to finish my show like this:

Worst Match of the night

Best Angle of the night

Semi Main-Event

Main-Event

Final Angle

I don't know if I'm wrong but this formula worked well with TCW and NOTBPW :)

I usually I try to finish my show like this:

Worst Match of the night

Best Angle of the night

Semi Main-Event

Main-Event

Final Angle

I don't know if I'm wrong but this formula worked well with TCW and NOTBPW :)

You are spot on with that formula. Definitely works with SWF and CGC as well.

Archived