The Official Discussions of Official Discussions

sabataged

Counter-productive?

I just think it takes away from a lot of good discussions. But maybe its just me. Some one could bring up a good topic in the NFL thread, but if it is buried 12 posts ago on the previous page or two, its going to get passed over.

I dunno I guess this is the way the Admins want it possibly.

I just think it takes away from a lot of good discussions. But maybe its just me. Some one could bring up a good topic in the NFL thread, but if it is buried 12 posts ago on the previous page or two, its going to get passed over.

I dunno I guess this is the way the Admins want it possibly.

I think I remember aaaaages ago, Adam took all the TNA and WWE related threads and stuck them all in 'Officials' because the board was too cluttered and lots of interesting threads were two, three or more pages back. I started the MMA one for the same reason; lots of topics were overlapping and it made sense to have everything in one place.

That said, if something major happened, I dunno, lets say Brock Lesnar passed away or something along those lines, I'd probably start a new thread about it, much like the 'wrestler death' threads we have already.

I think if it's something major that you wouldn't want getting lost, I dunno, WWE sold to Ted Turner, Hulk Hogan dies from suspected Vitamin overdose etc, nobody would mind a separate thread. If it's a case of, "Did you see the game/Smackdown/fight last night etc, personally I'd keep it in the 'officials' to avoid clutter.

That's just my two cents....Officially.

I got three words..

We're Takin' Over!

What's the deal of giving that Islamophobic pastor in Florida TV air time? It's like going to a mental hospital and pulling out crazy ole joe to pull a interview with Larry King, live with no tape delay. But i guess it serves a political agenda, paint a picture, since election years have been a theme of dirty politics.

I think I remember aaaaages ago, Adam took all the TNA and WWE related threads and stuck them all in 'Officials' because the board was too cluttered and lots of interesting threads were two, three or more pages back. I started the MMA one for the same reason; lots of topics were overlapping and it made sense to have everything in one place.

That said, if something major happened, I dunno, lets say Brock Lesnar passed away or something along those lines, I'd probably start a new thread about it, much like the 'wrestler death' threads we have already.

I think if it's something major that you wouldn't want getting lost, I dunno, WWE sold to Ted Turner, Hulk Hogan dies from suspected Vitamin overdose etc, nobody would mind a separate thread. If it's a case of, "Did you see the game/Smackdown/fight last night etc, personally I'd keep it in the 'officials' to avoid clutter.

Right. If you've got a topic about wrestling that you honestly think will create a rich and new discussion that will go on for a few pages, I don't see a problem with creating a new thread. If you just want to mention how awesome Zack Ryder is or make outlandish claims about John Cena's wrestling ability, that's what the official thread is for. Personally I like the official threads, because most of my contributions are of the 'Zack Ryder is great' 'I hate Abyss' level of usefulness.

I want to see the bolded part happen :D

There's absolutely no problem with the official threads. Maybe it seems a bit ridiculous, but the alternative is every single little thing getting its own thread. Does every TV deserve it's own thread? Let's have an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, a Family Guy thread, a Simpsons thread, a Trueblood thread, and a Manimal thread. It would cause clutter, and important stuff would get buried. In fact, that's a bit how the Dog Pound was with wrestling and MMA topics until they got their own threads.

And as someone already pointed out, REALLY important stuff can still get its own thread. The main event of the next PPV being Justin Gabriel vs. Daniel Bryan in an iron man match (what? I can dream, damnit) doesn't deserve it's own thread. CM Punk getting busted with a bunch of cocaine and hookers, however, may (mostly for the massive lulz that must be contained in a thread of its own).

Plus, think about it this way. Say there was a discussion about... I dunno... Chad Ochocinco's latest creative touchdown celebration. Maybe if you stumbled on it you'd like to throw in your $.02. If everything had it's own topic, including the thread "LOL, Ochocinco and a Walrus?!", it's quite possible said thread could get buried a few pages back before you even see it. Wouldn't you rather try to keep track of one thread rather than have to skim several pages back in the Dog Pound on the outside chance something from yesterday entices you?

What important stuff? Look through the Dog Pound and point out the important stuff! Nothing makes a board look deader than coming on a day or two later and only 4 topics having new posts. Let conversations die and new ones bury it away. If its a truly important post it'll float to the top again. Let an individual TV show or movie have a topic to itself. Apart from movies, sports, TV shows, computers, relationships and wrestling there would literally nothing else on the board.

There's absolutely no problem with the official threads. Maybe it seems a bit ridiculous, but the alternative is every single little thing getting its own thread. Does every TV deserve it's own thread? Let's have an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, a Family Guy thread, a Simpsons thread, a Trueblood thread, and a Manimal thread. It would cause clutter, and important stuff would get buried. In fact, that's a bit how the Dog Pound was with wrestling and MMA topics until they got their own threads.

Someone should start up an Official Manimal thread. If any show deserves its own thread Manimal would be it. I mean what could combat the awesomeness of Simon MacCorkindale turning into a animal?

• 6 months later...

The most important and closest person in my life, my grandmother, died today. I wrote this 45 minutes after getting the news. I'd like to share it with everyone, just so they can appreciate what they have with their loved ones, and know what my grandmother meant to me.

My Foundation

by John Fenlaw

What do you do when your foundation bust?

When it crumbles all up and goes to dust.

Cant support your house, and walls fall down.

No beams to lean on, and everything is falling around.

Sit right back and let the pieces fall where the may?

No roof over your head, looking at stars when you lay?

Heater dont heat, nothing to keep all that hot air in.

AC is pointless, feel the breeze come from the wind.

Now ya sick, ya alone, and you aint got no home.

you look like a bum, ever since ya foundation is gone.

Ya gonna just live this way, for the rest of your life?

Or start cleaning up the pieces, and get back right?

First I'm gonna do, is thank God that my foundation last how it has.

It lasted through some fires, some storms, had a real hard past.

But it was always there to keep this old house up.

Everytime the earth shook, it made it through, with all of it's luck.

I'm gonna rebuild, and build this time on my own proud slab.

Take a couple pieces from the old, cause it was all I ever had.

If my foundation can be as strong as that one was in the past.

Then I'll have good healthy home, that's always gonna last.

Moving on now, and celerating that I had that one as long as I did.

Shed a few tears, because it was all I knew, from when I was a kid.

My foundation, my rock, my support and my turst.

My foundation was my Granny, and she's always a part of us.

I'll miss you.

3/31/2011

The most important and closest person in my life, my grandmother, died today. I wrote this 45 minutes after getting the news. I'd like to share it with everyone, just so they can appreciate what they have with their loved ones, and know what my grandmother meant to me.

My Foundation

by John Fenlaw

What do you do when your foundation bust?

When it crumbles all up and goes to dust.

Cant support your house, and walls fall down.

No beams to lean on, and everything is falling around.

Sit right back and let the pieces fall where the may?

No roof over your head, looking at stars when you lay?

Heater dont heat, nothing to keep all that hot air in.

AC is pointless, feel the breeze come from the wind.

Now ya sick, ya alone, and you aint got no home.

you look like a bum, ever since ya foundation is gone.

Ya gonna just live this way, for the rest of your life?

Or start cleaning up the pieces, and get back right?

First I'm gonna do, is thank God that my foundation last how it has.

It lasted through some fires, some storms, had a real hard past.

But it was always there to keep this old house up.

Everytime the earth shook, it made it through, with all of it's luck.

I'm gonna rebuild, and build this time on my own proud slab.

Take a couple pieces from the old, cause it was all I ever had.

If my foundation can be as strong as that one was in the past.

Then I'll have good healthy home, that's always gonna last.

Moving on now, and celerating that I had that one as long as I did.

Shed a few tears, because it was all I knew, from when I was a kid.

My foundation, my rock, my support and my turst.

My foundation was my Granny, and she's always a part of us.

I'll miss you.

3/31/2011

Totally amazing. Sorry for your loss. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I'm sure your Granny is somewhere right now, and wherever that is she's massively proud of you.

So April is going to be a crappy month.

Mid month marks my nephew turning 6 months, a few days later marks a year ago my friend passed away, the 15 marks 6 months since the death of my brother, the 25 would have been his 22nd birthday, and that's also the day my niece turns 6 months old.

So..

With that I'm going to say Johnny my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry for your loss.

And then..

I was out with a friend today. We were walking from his car to the store. This idiot in a truck starts to back out...WHILE IM WALKING BEHIND HIM. Really...this is like the third time in like 2 years this has happened...

There's absolutely no problem with the official threads. Maybe it seems a bit ridiculous, but the alternative is every single little thing getting its own thread. Does every TV deserve it's own thread? Let's have an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, a Family Guy thread, a Simpsons thread, a Trueblood thread, and a Manimal thread.

Someone should start up an Official Manimal thread. If any show deserves its own thread Manimal would be it. I mean what could combat the awesomeness of Simon MacCorkindale turning into a animal?

If Manimal gets its own thread then Misfits of Science and Automan would have to as well since their awesomeness cannot be restrained within a general thread. Of course, then you'd have to create an 'Airwolf vs Blue Thunder: Which is better?' thread as well.

#JustSayin

What important stuff? Look through the Dog Pound and point out the important stuff! Nothing makes a board look deader than coming on a day or two later and only 4 topics having new posts. Let conversations die and new ones bury it away. If its a truly important post it'll float to the top again. Let an individual TV show or movie have a topic to itself. Apart from movies, sports, TV shows, computers, relationships and wrestling there would literally nothing else on the board.

Totally agree with this. Of the boards I belong to almost all of their off-topic forums work this way. I'd be much more excited to see two pages of "clutter" with new posts than 3 updated threads each day. It would also encourage more new people to post since they are usually browbeaten around here into lurker status.

edit: just watched Robin Hood the Costner one :)

Archived