1. 1. Your Favorite Nexus Wrestler?

• Wade Barrett
    • Justin Gabriel
    • David Otunga
    • Michael Tarver
    • Heath Slater
    • Skip Sheffield
    • I don't like any of them

Didn't get to this in time for the poll but I'd say it's a tie between Barrett and Gabriel. Plus, just looking at the whole NXT angle long term, it would be cool if those two were a tag team and they built them up for the tag team titles. Or at least build two of the guys from NXT as potential tag team title contenders because WWE NEEDS tag teams!

Even though I said my favorites are Barrett and Gabriel I'd still bet that there is a lot of potential in the other members and even ex-members (like Danielson, of course) to become stars. I know some people we're angry when the teamed up Danielson and Kaval in a match recently basically saying they should let them have a singles match against each other. I somewhat agree but also believe WWE wants to wait on that match especially if Danielson is going to be US champ soon. How awesome would it be if we saw Danielson and Low Ki in a feud for the US title in WWE?!

Yeah, that's my rambling. I get excited about some of my independent favorites. :D

Voted Heath Slater but I could have gone with Skip Sheffield too.

I really don't get the love for Justin Gabriel but each to their own.

He's awesome, thats the love.

Seriously though, he's an athletic freak and can go in the ring like no one's business. His 450 very well may be the prettiest ever. As I've said before, I've been big on the guy since a few years ago, watching his stuff in WWP in South Africa (thus allowing me to stroke my own ego by letting everyone know I was on his bandwagon WAY before they were :p). He's just exciting to watch in action, and this is coming from the guy who marks out for the likes of Viscera, King Kong Bundy, and Vladimir Kozlov.

That, and while he's pretty bad on the microphone, he still has a very good c0cky youngster look about him and a constant smirk... it all works.

Seriously though, he's an athletic freak and can go in the ring like no one's business. His 450 very well may be the prettiest ever. As I've said before, I've been big on the guy since a few years ago, watching his stuff in WWP in South Africa (thus allowing me to stroke my own ego by letting everyone know I was on his bandwagon WAY before they were :p). He's just exciting to watch in action, and this is coming from the guy who marks out for the likes of Viscera, King Kong Bundy, and Vladimir Kozlov.

That, and while he's pretty bad on the microphone, he still has a very good c0cky youngster look about him and a constant smirk... it all works.

The word awesome really doesn't mean what it used to, guess we have The Miz to thank for that :p

To be fair, emoish hair and south africans (well real ones anyway, I loved Col. DeBeers) are both pet peeves of mine so maybe I am biased. I cannot really remember Gabriel doing anything besides the 450 splash and showing up on NXT with a giant white collar.

The word awesome really doesn't mean what it used to, guess we have The Miz to thank for that :p

To be fair, emoish hair and south africans (well real ones anyway, I loved Col. DeBeers) are both pet peeves of mine so maybe I am biased. I cannot really remember Gabriel doing anything besides the 450 splash and showing up on NXT with a giant white collar.

Wait....

South Africans are a pet peeve of yours? :confused:

AJ says Hi. Lolz

Wait....

South Africans are a pet peeve of yours? :confused:

Yeah, I know that sounds weird but there's a ton of them here in Western Australia. Not sure if it's the accent, the attitude or growing up in a time of intense cricket rivalry but I can't cheer for a South African just now. :p

I really hate his. I like my recollection of the WCW cruiserweight 450 (Juvi perhaps?), where they/he rotated faster instead of looking like they're diving into a swimming pool.

Yeah I hate this too, not necessarily because Gabriel's is bad (it isn't) but when I think of all the guys who did the 450 splash before, Juvi, Hayabusa, Scorpio, I used to get a lot more excited when those guys did it than I do when I see Gabrial go to the top rope.

EDIT: Just noticed Otunga has no votes yet. That makes me happy.

If i was being honest, i would've voted for Barrett, but i wanted to keep Michael Tarver from the bottom, not that Slater's going to get any more votes :p I liked Darren Young as well, was gutted when they kicked him out - hopefully the E have something good for him to do with his jazzy new theme music :D

What? You folks think I just watch the E and go "Durrrrrrr, dey do it in the WWE!"?

C'mon now, I watched plenty of WCW growing up and plenty of AJ Styles in modern times, and I've been watching Justin Gabriel for the last few years now, long before he arrived in America. I honestly like his 450 the most. It looks very fluid and graceful to me. I'm not saying the other guys didn't do a great job themselves, just my opinion that I like Gabriel's the most.

/shrug

If i was being honest, i would've voted for Barrett, but i wanted to keep Michael Tarver from the bottom, not that Slater's going to get any more votes :p

The thing that really saddens me is that I legitimately and in all honesty think Slater is the best in ring of the NEXUS crew, he sold like a mofo and made a geriatric, stroke-victim Bret Hart look credible back at Summerslam, I haven't seen him botch anything and he seems to be the only guy who really makes things look credible and believable by pro wrestling standards while all the other guys have their little awkward "I'm still learning, lol, gimme a break" moments.

Archived