A Grand Discovery?

Don't think I've ever seen anyone mention this before, but...

I think I've discovered something that, well... should probably be changed in the future.

Working off a hunch/theory, I decided to download a bunch of the games in the Gamesave thread (about five, thanks folks, especially Logan for both the SWF and WCW games that supported my hypothesis), and check a few workers of interest's history in said save games.

The conclusion?

The year a worker returns from a hiatus is random, as is the chance of it being that year. The day of the month (and month) they return, however, is predetermined. Apparently, when the game loads up it's decided Jesse Christian will return on the second Saturday of February. When you hit the second Saturday of February, it'll be randomly decided if Jesse is ready to come back or not.

But that's not really the game changer.

The thing is... from all the games I looked at, every worker returning from hiatus CONSISTENTLY returned from hiatus the exact same month, in every single game. In every saved game I checked, of my creation or other players, this was the case. For example: in every game, Jesse Christian would return in February, Eisaku Hoshino in March, and Louis Figo Manico in August.

Just to test it out, I made a copy of my EWA game (which just so happens to be in August). Simmed a few days, and... bam... 3rd Sunday of August, Louis Figo Manico returned.

Keep in mind this was only done with the default data, as I simply don't have enough games to check from other databases.

So yeah, it's cheap... but if you really want to get a worker who is on hiatus, and you've seen them come off hiatus in other games, at least you can use this to try and potentially anticipate their return. If someone has seen Baron Von Rambis come off hiatus in 77, I'd love to know in what month :D

Oh, and first person to randomly say "If you're National or higher you can sign people on hiatus anyways" gets slapped. We know this.

Oh, and Mr. Ryland, if this really is the case... hope to see it change in the future. I shouldn't be able to go "well, it's February... time to turn off the auto-save and simulate over and over until Jesse Christian comes back!"

As to how to do that... haven't thought that far ahead yet.

It isn't the case, it's completely random from game to game.

So... it's just coincidence that everytime I've seen Louis Figo Manico come off hiatus (seven different games) it's been in August? And the same for the other folks on hiatus?

I'm not calling you a liar, but... is it possible something behind the scenes is causing this?

Obviously what I'm seeing isn't impossible, just of a very low probability. I thought, if nothing else, it'd be worth looking into, no?

Obviously what I'm seeing isn't impossible, just of a very low probability. I thought, if nothing else, it'd be worth looking into, no?

I did look into it before I replied to your first post, and it is random, based upon their Destiny variable. It isn't ridiculously improbable that the same person would get the same Destiny bracket for seven games in a row.

Archived