Development Territory Questions

I am thinking about starting a development territory, but was reading another post and it stated that the parent promotion should try and stock the new fed with as many people as possible, to keep its costs down. This got me to wonder on four questions

1. What size should I make my development territory?

2. How many workers would I need (not including announcers and refs)?

3. If I create venue can assign the development territory to that venue?

4. Should you choose more than 1 show per week?

I am running two promotions one national and one cult. I was looking to create development territories for both.

Also you have the option of where you want the territory, so for my cult company would it be advantageous to place the territory in an area where I am not as popular to help build up interest especially if I send down some well known talent for trainers, sort of like an additional "house show"?

I am thinking about starting a development territory, but was reading another post and it stated that the parent promotion should try and stock the new fed with as many people as possible, to keep its costs down. This got me to wonder on four questions

1. What size should I make my development territory?

2. How many workers would I need (not including announcers and refs)?

3. If I create venue can assign the development territory to that venue?

4. Should you choose more than 1 show per week?

I am running two promotions one national and one cult. I was looking to create development territories for both.

Also you have the option of where you want the territory, so for my cult company would it be advantageous to place the territory in an area where I am not as popular to help build up interest especially if I send down some well known talent for trainers, sort of like an additional "house show"?

1. The depends on the size of your company.

2. As many as you want to, if you don't have enough the actual owner of the developmental promotion will hire the rest. Think OVW, not everybody in OVW was a WWE developmental guy.

3. You can't do it but if you create a venue at the size that your developmental promotion should be running. IE if you have a mid size regional and you build a 300 person venue in the area their located they may run it often.

4. It won't build up your pop anywhere, all it will do is make the workers (slightly) more popular in that area from working it. It really makes no difference otherwise.

So if you are cult would you create a regional development territory? I guess I am not sure by what you mean depends on the size of your company.

You should create a local territory. Small tops.

Before throwing that money down the toilet, make sure you can sign the guys you want to written deals.

So if you are cult would you create a regional development territory? I guess I am not sure by what you mean depends on the size of your company.

It depends on your size, as how much money you want to spend, etc. A really small development territory won't cost you as much as the biggest you can buy. Here's how I look at it.

Bigger = Better. However, if I can't "afford" the cost (and in all honesty, I never have been able to at "cult" level), I will get the size I can afford (smallest). As far as the learning experience though, I find they learn just as fast in small as they do in bigger promotions.

Wait, you can tell your developmental territories how many shows to run? Where can I do that? I haven't seen any options for it.

I believe when you first set the development territory up in the "Investments" section, there is an option to have them as a touring company and set the number of shows per week.

I've actually been purchasing (creating) a ton of development territories in my 2022 WCW game. I've set a few up as Touring and given them a variation in shows a week (3 to 5). I also use the 'Handy Dandy Editor' to give those promotions a chunk of my finances (so that they don't die) and subtract that from my main promotion. All of the development territories I open are Regional-sized.

I send AT LEAST one road agent (retired veteran) type to the territory. I've even recently began signing crappy referees and sending them to my child promotions. I spread out the amount of workers in each territory (depending on product and what I want them to improve on). It takes some time to make sure the promotions are equal with the talent I send down, but it's worth it when those guys are "the future" of your promotion. :p

Archived