Men of Steel Combat. Founded in the early 80s by the McPeterson Clan of wrestlers. Over 3 decades of providing SCOTTISH* fans with brawling/hardcore style wrestling.

Chronic lack of ambition in regards to expansion, but stable until about 2008 when 21CW when "Super-Nova"

2009 was possibly MOSC's lowest point ever, loseing alot of top stars to 21CW.

Post-2010: Is MOSC doomed to die from a slow painful death from a thousand cuts?

Personally I hope it doesn't. Too much history to just chuck away. Personally I'd like Highland Warrior to either sell it to someone an owner with a modern vision or bring in a booker with a modern vision. Someone who can take MOSC away from being a totally unambitious promotion to a company actively looking to impact on the UK market, with characters and storylines that reflect the current British Culture and society, but in an cutting and gritty way so that MOSC is seen as a viable alternative to 21CW.

*Despite the owner and for many, many, many years main wrestler being Scottish, and despite the fact in TEW05 and TEW07 MOSC was set as in Scotland, for some reason it got moved to the North of England in TEW08 and TEW10...always found that silly and odd.

I could personally see it not being in the next edition of TEW simply because whenever I play it always seems to either close by itself or your able to takeover the promotion. If it was gone by the next game It wouldn't be much of a hit to the UK because at least there is another promotion (ROF) besides 21CW.

It needs to stay open so theres a viable harcore promo in the UK.

21CW cant really pull that off in a legit way and there are a ton of workers that need blood to look good. HIW can alter its product on include hardcore as well and BPF are kind of the spiritual successors of MOSC as well but there isnt much else in this area

Id like to see them with a 60 minute TV show on at 1am. They arent ever going to be wildly ambitious with a growth plan, but they can be stable at least.

The choice shouldnt be grow or die so its a real shame that it bombs so often in games.

Men Of Steel may be doomed, I think. Obviously we'll get a replacement promotion in the UK, but 2010 has seen MOSC set up to fail. ROF is stable, 21CW is on the rise, MOSC is falling and falling fast. The main question is who is going to open up the successor promotion after the McPeterson Clan ran the place into the ground?

What MOSC is going to need to survive is an infusion of cash from like a Dunton Hall or even better yet a well-invested manager like The Master of Minds. With Master as investor, he can swoop in and claim to the crowd he's saving their company (sorry but shoot) and yet be safely hated for trying to make MOSC corporate. Hall has awesome commentary skills and could be a good add from that perspective but Master of Minds is more eminently hatable.

Saying "because it goes under in every game I play" isn't a valid arguement. WEXXV would go under in every, single 2007 game unless you editted Ryu Kajahara's contract first. And they're still in business canonically.

Meanwhile, UCR and DAVE tended to thrive, and we see what happened to them.

That said, the mentioning of MOSC's "fight for survival" in their bio is similar to what DAVE had in there's in 2007, as it was Ryland setting them up for their upcoming demise.

Anywho.... I love MOSC. I'll admit, if I'm not in Europe or the UK and it won't really effect me any, I tend to edit their cash to keep them in business. In my EWA and 21CW games, though... well, not gonna screw with that.

Saying "because it goes under in every game I play" isn't a valid arguement. WEXXV would go under in every, single 2007 game unless you editted Ryu Kajahara's contract first. And they're still in business canonically.

Meanwhile, UCR and DAVE tended to thrive, and we see what happened to them.

That said, the mentioning of MOSC's "fight for survival" in their bio is similar to what DAVE had in there's in 2007, as it was Ryland setting them up for their upcoming demise.

Anywho.... I love MOSC. I'll admit, if I'm not in Europe or the UK and it won't really effect me any, I tend to edit their cash to keep them in business. In my EWA and 21CW games, though... well, not gonna screw with that.

For some reason they always persevered as a "eternally regional" fed back in 2008 for me, and in 2010 they often rise to Regional.

I have a save where they got most of WLW major stars + some people from BHOTWG and manage to hit cult and are going strong for national.

In the same save SWF is almost gone as well.

I could apply to this question the same flawless logic I use to predict future events in the WWE.

Let's see...

In just about every game I play, MOSC (and EXODUS 2010) end up out of business, don't think I can recall any games I've had in which either of them survived. Add to that that MOSC now has a bright, shiny, very well financed rival for the attention of English fans, and their situation looks (to me anyway) just about as bleak as can be. Sadly, my best guess would be that they have NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER...

Which is why my bold prediction is this:

Drumroll please....

IN TEW's next incarnation....

MOSC will be....

Somehow, someway...

Still Alive! Be it an influx of money from some outside source, or some alliance with another promotion, or just some completely random shot of luck, MOSC will somehow still be alive and kicking.

That's my prediction anyway - of course, as always, I could be wrong.

:cool:

For some reason they always persevered as a "eternally regional" fed back in 2008 for me, and in 2010 they often rise to Regional.

I have a save where they got most of WLW major stars + some people from BHOTWG and manage to hit cult and are going strong for national.

In the same save SWF is almost gone as well.

Please upload this?

I think that MOSC is being groomed for a death that has more widely reaching consequences than the promotion and its size would suggest. It's certainly something that could lbe the catalyst for major upheaval in the British wrestling scene. I mean, if MOSC dies, there's a new group of wrestlers on the free agent martket. Maybe some of them will want to create a replacement for MOSC, perhaps leading to a couple of competing groups with differing visions, similar to the death of UCR in Europe. Maybe some of them will be snapped up by the other groups, leading to roster upheaval elsewhere.

Or, if Adam can devise a way to code the feature (and he's a genius, so I'm sure he'll manage it eventually), maybe it'll be part of the storyline explanation for the first umbrella organisation - an alliance of the major hardcore promotions around the world.. :D

I think that MOSC is being groomed for a death that has more widely reaching consequences than the promotion and its size would suggest. It's certainly something that could lbe the catalyst for major upheaval in the British wrestling scene.

*nods*

I think it'd be cool if MOSC died and Nova moved to an edgier product for 21CW, picking up some of the better guys - but at the same time alienating a few of the purer wrestlers, who move to ROF to give them a boost.

Maybe even an 'MOSC invasion' type angle in 21CW, with Emma, Warrior, the ****ney Rebels, Harley Neill, Ultra Violence and The UK Wrecking Crew going in, and Leo Price and Edward Cornell shockingly joining ROF, who with Svensson, Price, Cornell, O'Curle, Samurai, Morgan, Orson and the Shooters would have an incredible main event scene. (Since, naturally, Nigel HAS to start the next edition of TEW as champion with a 12 month unbeaten run...)

Archived