C-Verse 2001: The Hype Thread

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o291/Aidanbro111/CV2001_2.jpg

• Play as DAVE at the top of their game as they push forward towards to Cult status in America, with the legendary Nemesis leading the way. Notable the start of the mod happens just after the legendary night when non-other then JIM FORCE assaults Nemesis, one of the most notorious moments ever in DAVE history.

• Play NOTBPW at their most exciting period, the summer of 2001 when their new breed graduated from the House of Stone. (As in Art Reed, Greg Wright, Bobby Thomas and others). Plus then there's all the Japanese workers who have travelled to NOTBPW to learn. Seriously, NOTBPW was never as interesting as in 2001

• Play USPW from their very beginning. Shape their entire existence any way you decide

• Play as the fledging WLW who are moving into only their second year of operation. Huge scope for creativity.

• Play as Shane Sheer's infamous SCCW, the small southern company that launched the careers of dozens of workers and is still fondly recalled by fans today

• Play as HGC during the period when Tommy Cornell had just gone super-nova, literally making the wrestling world his but legends just as Rip Chord and Sam Strong are still in the ring. Dreams matches golore people.

• Play as CZCW during the period when Cliff Anderson and Eclipse brought in and mentored a whole new generation to the american indy scene including Acid, Sammy Bach, Fox Mask, American Elemental and Black Eagle (American Optimus) plus a host of others!

• Take a UK Wrestling scene with plenty of talent but little direction and shape any of the 3 company into the next national powerhouse!

• And of course all the other promotions who were active at that period.

Alright; I'm making it official now; with Basmat01's permission I'm working on bringing out a C-Verse 2001 mod within the coming months. Check here for updates and what not.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet, I heard rumblings of this and the hype excites me ever more. It's great of you to do this as I know how incredibly difficult this sort of thing is.

DAVE really excites me and NOTBPW looks so awesome at this point, did Edd Stone debut in that famous year of was it another year?

Edit: Rip Chord vs Tommy Cornell For the Win!

Sweet, I heard rumblings of this and the hype excites me ever more. It's great of you to do this as I know how incredibly difficult this sort of thing is.

DAVE really excites me and NOTBPW looks so awesome at this point, did Edd Stone debut in that famous year of was it another year?

Edit: Rip Chord vs Tommy Cornell For the Win!

Nope, Edd comes in 2004.

Anyway glad to see this is in production, and hopefully it will drag me away from my 97 game for a bit.

Nope, Edd comes in 2004.

Anyway glad to see this is in production, and hopefully it will drag me away from my 97 game for a bit.

2004 I didn't know it was that recent I suppose that's why having this the 97, the 2005 and the 70's mods is so great. I really want to play with all the Stones in NOTB.

Edit: How the f**k has this got a 3 star rating from 2 votes? This voting system makes no sense good job no-one takes notice of them.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised about the interest in CZCW during this era, but that's not to say I haven't been working on them. I been playing around with the roster a bit so that's it accurate but fun to play as. I guess I've already let the cat out of the bag in regards to noting that Eclipse is still there, so I might as well tell you that I've somewhat envisaged him as a C-Verse version of Super Dragon. In that he's a very talented worker for one reason or another was never picked up by the big leagues, most people probably haven't heard of him but he's has a tremendous influence on the SoCal Scene and how they wrestle.

Just to put it out there...What are people's feelings about Taylor Morton/Acid? As in do you feel he'd have taken on the hood of Acid by July of 2001? I've my own views on the subject but I'd like to have other people input as well. To me it's a very interesting part of the C-Verse's mythology and I think everyone will probably have their own view on the matter, but at least the debate will be interesting.

Just to put it out there...What are people's feelings about Taylor Morton/Acid? As in do you feel he'd have taken on the hood of Acid by July of 2001?

Not according to his official bio - says it was in 2002. :)

What might be fun (or might be just a bad idea) is to have him with a different masked alter ego - perhaps a prototype for the Acid character? Or even to have someone ELSE in CZCW with a similar mask/persona that could have 'inspired' him to become Acid.

Not according to his official bio - says it was in 2002. :)

What might be fun (or might be just a bad idea) is to have him with a different masked alter ego - perhaps a prototype for the Acid character? Or even to have someone ELSE in CZCW with a similar mask/persona that could have 'inspired' him to become Acid.

I second the prototype idea.

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised about the interest in CZCW during this era, but that's not to say I haven't been working on them. I been playing around with the roster a bit so that's it accurate but fun to play as. I guess I've already let the cat out of the bag in regards to noting that Eclipse is still there, so I might as well tell you that I've somewhat envisaged him as a C-Verse version of Super Dragon. In that he's a very talented worker for one reason or another was never picked up by the big leagues, most people probably haven't heard of him but he's has a tremendous influence on the SoCal Scene and how they wrestle.

Just to put it out there...What are people's feelings about Taylor Morton/Acid? As in do you feel he'd have taken on the hood of Acid by July of 2001? I've my own views on the subject but I'd like to have other people input as well. To me it's a very interesting part of the C-Verse's mythology and I think everyone will probably have their own view on the matter, but at least the debate will be interesting.

All I know is, Eclipse is a seminal character and I think it'd be worth it to ask someone like sebsplex or jtlant (who have amazing ideas for masks) to do a new render for the mod.

As for Acid..i'd consider having a worker in Japan or something who's considered a cult favorite with a similar look that Acid could "poach" for his new look

All I know is, Eclipse is a seminal character and I think it'd be worth it to ask someone like sebsplex or jtlant (who have amazing ideas for masks) to do a new render for the mod.

As for Acid..i'd consider having a worker in Japan or something who's considered a cult favorite with a similar look that Acid could "poach" for his new look

I actually created the Dark Raider character for the 77 mod with something like this in mind. I never liked the original render for it though, so...

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/jtlant/TEW/DarkRaider2.jpg

If you want to say Acid's look is based off of him, I could probably work out a new Acid render based off of that.

Archived