tl;dr: how do I takeovered promotion

Okay, I'd never attempted to take over a promotion before, but I wanted to keep a rival fed operational, so I decided to buy them out. I clicked a bunch of guys to Pillage, but then changed my mind and checked the Dev Fed option so they could technically survive. I immediately realized that this was dumb, as I'm Cult and have only a couple of written contracts, but whatever. At any rate, I now have the foot icon to send people to development, but my dev roster is empty and the fed itself is still operational, and I can't see anything that indicates they're under me.

I noticed that, and figured that maybe it takes a day to process, so I clicked next day, after which I got an email saying that my offer was rejected since they weren't in bad enough shape. I found that highly strange, since I was pretty sure the deal had already gone through. I tried again and got the same email the next day, although this time I didn't get to pull up the menu of options. The fed's still going, although it fell to Regional, and it's putting on shows and everything.

I have a dev fed with nobody in it, it seems, and it definitely DOES exist because it's the next month now and my budget took a big hit. There's money going into "development" and I have to assume that the big jump in "Misc" expenditure is the debts that I paid off. What precisely gives? In addition, can I disband a dev fed that I have literally no use for?

...checking harder, it DOES list the fed as a child company under promotion pacts. So I guess I just don't understand what I just did, but I don't think I can steal their whole roster like I wanted to.

If I'm understanding your dilemma right: Not everyone in a development fed is under a development contract, so you basically need to send people down there before you can call them up.

If you're looking to pillage folks already working for the child company under PPA contracts, you basically need to negotiate with them.

Well, that's rather a bummer. So perhaps I'd be better off ditching the child promotion bit, waiting for them to flounder again, and then trying again but taking Pillage this time? I want them to succeed, but I have no use for them as a dev fed right now if that's how it works, and if they're dying anyway I want their ME. >_>

Archived