Ring or Cage?

<p>I've always used a cage, since (thanks in large to the UFC) I equate it more with MMA. </p><p> </p><p>

Growing up watching boxing, a ring always felt like a boxing, or kick-boxing match. I like the difference with the cage, and it always felt like more of a different atmosphere.</p>

Whenever I play an American or European promotion, I use a cage, with Japanese promotions I usually use a ring. I generally prefer the cage because in reality, MMA in a ring is just completely stupid (see EVERYONE falling out of the damn ring at the recent Shine Fights for an example) and I can't really ignore that, even though I don't think I've ever seen anyone fall out of a ring in the game.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nachtfalter" data-cite="Nachtfalter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29096" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> MMA in a ring is just completely stupid (see EVERYONE falling out of the damn ring at the recent Shine Fights for an example)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That only happened because Shine used a boxing ring set up, without the ropes tightened or tied together. Once they fixed it (after the 3rd quarter-final) nobody fell out, if memory serves. Look at Pride, SRC, DREAM, Shooto etc...you don't see guys falling out left, right and centre. </p><p> </p><p> Interesting fact; MMA in a cage was made illegal in Holland after officials saw an event in 1995 which was particularly brutal. I was there (I was 11 years old, what my parents were thinking, I'll never know)...it actually took place in Belgium, but with Dutch fighters.</p>

Archived