out of curiosity, what would one set the product of DAVE within 2010?

Well, according to our handy dandy 1997 C-Verse mod, Vibert has just taken over DAVE. So he's trying to put more Cult stuff into DAVE, so the product would realistically get tweaked a bit. If we're doing DAVE in their prime, I'd say...

Key Features: Hardcore

Heavy: Cult, Traditional (for face/heel purposes)

Medium: Modern, Daredevil, Risque

That's just my honest opinion.

Have the product effects changed at all since 07? I just can't see myself running a promotion effectively that has that many heavily-focused facets of it. I mean, comedy that high? There would need to be a comedy sequence in nearly every match for that to be truthful, I think. DaVE's a far cry from Zen.

Remember: DAVE was never intended to succeed.

The thing about ECW and it's C-Verse equivalent DAVE is that they weren't designed to be number one promotions by their owners by definition. It was about fighting the mainstream and all that.

That said, not intended to succeed? Hmmm, really?

The thing about ECW and it's C-Verse equivalent DAVE is that they weren't designed to be number one promotions by their owners by definition. It was about fighting the mainstream and all that.

That said, not intended to succeed? Hmmm, really?

DAVE was the perpetual underdog. It died when it did because its death was a necessary thing. USPW was rising, and room had to be cleared for a new formation of the "top three." DAVE itself was sitting on so much talent that, had it not gone National by 2009, any explanation for its delayed growth would have seemed contrived.

Yeah, what you're saying is logical...but then how do we explain CGC and NOTBPW?

CGC... really doesn't have the talent, usually. I mean, Dan DaLay isn't exactly the pinnacle of tecnical wrestling.

And both companies suffer from frequently losing their best folks. CGC have lost John Maverick and Steve DeColt... Edd and Duane Stone have both jumped ship from NOTBPW.

Personally, I think NOTBPW sold their soul to the devil in order for great success, but at the price that they never reach National. Tis part of their eternal damnation.

CGC... well, they're just awesome. But need more talent. Man, I hate the fact I didn't get to continue my (young) 97 game with them in 2008... silly 2010 coming out.

CGC... well, they're just awesome. But need more talent. Man, I hate the fact I didn't get to continue my (young) 97 game with them in 2008... silly 2010 coming out.

Do I ever feel your pain there, Brother Comradebot. Sounds like how I felt when my grand scheme for TCW 07 got pushed to the wayside by the arrival of TEW 2008. Damn Syndicate. So glad that canon has that having blown up in their faces.

Does NOTBPW never hit national? In the only '08 game I played long enough, they were #1 in the world by a few years in, with SWF falling to cult.

Granted, they're a couple Stones lighter since then, but still.

I see them do it within the first year all the time. They tend to put on THE highest rated shows in the C-Verse, afterall.

Shame they have no souls.

Archived