So I just bought WMMA2

It's not as if TEW/WMMA are released every year.

It pretty much is if you're buying both series. And I do think it would be nice if Grey Dog would show loyal customers some appreciation in the form of a 5 Dollar discount (or even a more symbolic 1 Dollar discount, for that matter), but... whatever. Each game is obviously worth paying full price. Especially considering that said full price is rather reasonable.

I must say I do think that's a little unfair for new buyers. I remember buying TEW 2008 just before 2010 was announced. It's a bit of an EA sports type deal.

That sucks, yes, but what is worth more to you? Saving $5, or helping a developer make great games?

I agree, a $5 discount would be awesome, but really, that $5 helps Adam a hell of a lot more than it helps me. I'm fine with full price each time.

I must say I do think that's a little unfair for new buyers. I remember buying TEW 2008 just before 2010 was announced. It's a bit of an EA sports type deal.

Why?

No one is forcing someone to buy WMMA2 right now .. If they choose to buy they do so knowing that WMMA3 is coming out soon.

Personally I think it's still worth it for someone getting into the series for the first time. WMMA3 probably won't be out for another couple months at least and someone could easily get their money's worth.

Personally I think it's still worth it for someone getting into the series for the first time. WMMA3 probably won't be out for another couple months at least and someone could easily get their money's worth.

Exactly. I mean, an average xbox game is what, a week, two weeks worth of game at the most? I finished the new Kane and Lynch in two days recently, and I'm by no means a good gamer. If WMMA3 isn't out for a couple of months, that's more than enough time to get your $$$'s worth. :D

Ah, that makes a good deal of sense then. I guess we should have considered that early, Adam.

$35-40 isn't that big of a deal. Plus WMMA3 won't be out for a couple months. I do think GDS should consider dropping the retail price of the game after it has been on the market for six months or so. Most console games do that and it may entice a few newcomers to check it out. Plus, we wouldn't get ?? like this :D

Archived