Best Prospects

Who do you guys find the best prospects are in the game? Try to pick guys with less then 5 fights.

Ivanov always turns out to be a good heavyweight for me.

Danny Akabaro can knock anybody out I find and in some games where he gets some good grappling training he can be a constant top 10 fighter.

I can't seem to find Lamont Banner, is he not in the default data?

He's set to debut a few months after the default start date, so he won't be an available fighter immediately. But he is in the default data and so should show up in either the main or in-game editor.

And as for other prospects that I don't think have been mentioned yet, I've always liked both Floyd Haywood and Carl Chenoweth at lightweight. They're not overwhelmingly talented at the start of the game, but for me they always seem to develop quickly and win a lot of fights.

These are correct. The others didn't make it bigtime in my game, but that's probly due to the random potential.

This is how my prospects turned out with the best at the top.

Ivanov

Fujji

Santhino

Kawano

Collins(he beat Kawano but Kawano hes better performances and more quality wins)

Renato

These are correct. The others didn't make it bigtime in my game, but that's probly due to the random potential.

Meh, in my game li-kong-ho is 52-2, lost by flash KO to Helio in his prime and Bunya by decision for some reason, but atm he havent lost for 10 years and have cleared 155 (my lowest weight division) three times now I believe. It's crazy.

I can't schedule a rematch with Bunya either because he declined so fast and is 5-10 in my org atm.

Here's the list of all the guys that I might have considered prospects at the start of the game who currently work for me either directly at GAMMA or for one of the companies I own and who are still undefeated after two years of game time in my current save. It's a long list--I'm always obsessed with cultivating undefeated fighters. The names in bold are the fighters on my main roster at the present. I'll also include their current records and their current reputations to show which of these guys have advanced past being prospects by this point.

Adam White (10-0, 83%)

Aleksander Ivanov (7-0, 73%)

Alex Cole (14-0, 96%)

Allen LeFleur (1-0, 11%)

Billy Russell (4-0, 53%)

Carl Chenoweth (5-0, 60%)

Chad Zoff (1-0, 17%)

Chan Kim Huat (4-0, 36%)

Datuk Ong Ka Ting (9-0, 68%)

Eien Kawano (8-0, 79%)

Elvis Milissis (7-0, 61%)

Evan Pizzarro (5-0, 42%)

Fjodor Kanchelskis (12-0, 82%)

Floyd Haywood (1-0, 12%)

Hunter Scribbins (2-0, 10%)

Jakuchu Abe (3-0, 40%)

Jiroeman Hasegawa (3-0, 45%)

Jonathan Huang (5-0, 79%)

Jordan Flintstone (5-0, 56%)

Josh Aldarisio (6-0, 78%)

Joshua Hope (6-0, 56%)

Julio Guttierrez (6-0, 58%)

Kanezane Fujii (2-0, 30%)

Ken Peters (13-0, 96%)

Lamont Banner (4-0, 64%)

MacGregor Dare (1-0, 11%)

Manuel Silva (6-0, 80%)

Marlon John (6-0, 77%)

Mason Archer (2-0, 33%)

Murilo Satinho (5-0, 60%)

Nate MacReary (3-0, 31%)

Niko Soldo (6-0, 80%)

Ranieri Fernanda (7-0, 64%)

Rav Kapur (11-0, 97%)

Reed Howlett (4-0, 34%)

Renato (6-0, 53%)

Rich Robinson (7-0, 70%)

Rupert Dreck (8-0, 59%)

Tora Mizwar (7-0, 59%)

William Harrison (8-0, 75%)

Here's the list of all the guys that I might have considered prospects at the start of the game who currently work for me either directly at GAMMA or for one of the companies I own and who are still undefeated after two years of game time in my current save. It's a long list--I'm always obsessed with cultivating undefeated fighters. The names in bold are the fighters on my main roster at the present. I'll also include their current records and their current reputations to show which of these guys have advanced past being prospects by this point.

Adam White (10-0, 83%)

Aleksander Ivanov (7-0, 73%)

Alex Cole (14-0, 96%)

Allen LeFleur (1-0, 11%)

Billy Russell (4-0, 53%)

Carl Chenoweth (5-0, 60%)

Chad Zoff (1-0, 17%)

Chan Kim Huat (4-0, 36%)

Datuk Ong Ka Ting (9-0, 68%)

Eien Kawano (8-0, 79%)

Elvis Milissis (7-0, 61%)

Evan Pizzarro (5-0, 42%)

Fjodor Kanchelskis (12-0, 82%)

Floyd Haywood (1-0, 12%)

Hunter Scribbins (2-0, 10%)

Jakuchu Abe (3-0, 40%)

Jiroeman Hasegawa (3-0, 45%)

Jonathan Huang (5-0, 79%)

Jordan Flintstone (5-0, 56%)

Josh Aldarisio (6-0, 78%)

Joshua Hope (6-0, 56%)

Julio Guttierrez (6-0, 58%)

Kanezane Fujii (2-0, 30%)

Ken Peters (13-0, 96%)

Lamont Banner (4-0, 64%)

MacGregor Dare (1-0, 11%)

Manuel Silva (6-0, 80%)

Marlon John (6-0, 77%)

Mason Archer (2-0, 33%)

Murilo Satinho (5-0, 60%)

Nate MacReary (3-0, 31%)

Niko Soldo (6-0, 80%)

Ranieri Fernanda (7-0, 64%)

Rav Kapur (11-0, 97%)

Reed Howlett (4-0, 34%)

Renato (6-0, 53%)

Rich Robinson (7-0, 70%)

Rupert Dreck (8-0, 59%)

Tora Mizwar (7-0, 59%)

William Harrison (8-0, 75%)

Wow that's unreal you have so many undefeated fighters. How do you do it?

You must have a large roster of cans to feed to these guys?

Wow that's unreal you have so many undefeated fighters. How do you do it?

You must have a large roster of cans to feed to these guys?

I've actually tried to avoid carrying a ton of cans on my main roster, but I definitely do try to give anyone who's undefeated and has the potential to be a good fighter favorable matchups for at least the first few fights I book for him to build popularity and reputation. And since I control the contracts of so many fighters on my main roster and on the rosters of the three other companies I've bought out, it's not too difficult to rotate less talented guys between rosters and find good fights for the guys I'm trying to protect.

I won't carry anyone on my roster who's a complete can, but I'm always on the lookout for "cans with credibility"--meaning guys who aren't highly skilled but have a high enough reputation that a win against them means something. I've got a very active game world with several more promotions in operation than were open at the game's start, so there are a lot of fighters getting fights and getting wins outside of my own company. That allows me a nice selection of guys with reputations between 40% and 60% but who aren't likely to pose a real serious threat to a highly talented prospect. And when a mediocre fighter who happens to be under contract with one of the companies I do control wins a couple consecutive fights, he's likely to get called up and thrown into the cage against someone I'm trying to build up and then sent immediately back down if he loses.

Plus, I've got a nice selection of talented-but-flawed or talented-but-one-dimensional guys whom I can fight against prospects that match up well against them but who are good enough to build themselves back up with a few wins when given the opportunity.

Finally, I never match undefeated against undefeated unless it's in a main event. I'm just not willing to sacrifice an undefeated record unless it's going to be a draw for my company. I'll start to give undefeated guys more difficult fights as they build themselves up, and some of them lose when I'd rather they didn't, but I won't book a fight that's going to guarantee someone his first loss unless it's going to make me a lot of money.

But that list comes from a save game that's only two years old, so a lot of the fighters on it are still early enough in their careers that I'm still trying to protect them. And a bunch of them are actually guys that I've just recently signed after they put together five or six wins in smaller companies and who have yet to debut for me or have only had one GAMMA fight.

Felix Mattherson Jr is a beast in my current game (I am in 2008, playing as Japaneese Emerald Fight after I debuted them on the first day) and he has dominated a Welterweight Division that also includes Carlos DeGuia and pretty much every big name fighter, plus Ang Dong and Bosco Curbeam (who turned out to be studs) and Ronald Fry (a Geoff Cahill regen) that is also amazing.

Alfonso Villar dominated my Light Heavyweight Division for 3 years, until Mike Watson took him out. Villar had wins over other super prospects (Harrison, Lim, Soldo etc.) and established big names like Tadamasa Yamada, Shio Kitabake and Asanovic among others.

for about 3 years early on Sylvester Collins was dominant. He's still in his prime now but he looks like he will just be a top contender but never champion in my fed.

William Harrison has become extremely good. He is my current champ.

Lubo Pasil (SP?) is a beast.

Alexander Ivanov is extremely good.

Nobody however, comes close to Li-Kong Ho in badassery in my game. He can pull a win out of his butt in any situation. Pasil almost had him beat before he got Chael Sonnen'd and got caught right at the end of the 5th. The guy is the GOAT of GAMMA so far. The best fighter I have ever seen.

Manuel Silva - most exciting fighter I've ever had until my game crashed.

He was 20-1 then with 19 finishes. His only loss was a UD to David Allen whom he crushed twice afterwards though. He's beat pretty much everybody the game has to offer and in decisive fashion, too, defending the belt 8 times before I lost the game. However, the coolest thing about him was his 5 head kick ko-streak.

for about 3 years early on Sylvester Collins was dominant. He's still in his prime now but he looks like he will just be a top contender but never champion in my fed.

William Harrison has become extremely good. He is my current champ.

Lubo Pasil (SP?) is a beast.

Alexander Ivanov is extremely good.

Nobody however, comes close to Li-Kong Ho in badassery in my game. He can pull a win out of his butt in any situation. Pasil almost had him beat before he got Chael Sonnen'd and got caught right at the end of the 5th. The guy is the GOAT of GAMMA so far. The best fighter I have ever seen.

Same for my game, Ho's 40-3. Has the most title defenses of any fighter and won titles in 2 weightclasses. Lost a decision to Khan early in his career when he couldn't take him down. The only man who can tool him is a regen named Jonathan Tsay. Tsay destroyed him twice in the first round. 1st time was a thai-clinch and the second time a headkick.

He folds like an empty purse when you give him real opposition. Clearly had been squashing cans.

Yeah, he's 1-0 in GAMMA and has only beaten Bryan Van Den Hauwe, who is as close to a can as I carry on the main roster. He UD-ed Bambang Sriyanto and Jaromir Grygera in SIGMA. I suspect he'll struggle against any top level GAMMA fighter as that does seem to generally be the case with Kanchelskis. But since he's got fairly high respect at this point, I'll probably try to protect him until I decide who his first test in the promotion will be.

Here are my champs. I thought that Oktay beat Ivanov so I'm probably going to do an immediate rematch, that was Oktay's first loss.

I use pride weightclasses.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4160/ivanov.png

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/402/villar.png

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2113/huang.png

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1927/13542437.png

Archived