2, 3, or 4-Way (NWA Style) CVerse Multiplayer Game

I've been meaning to post this thread for over two months now. Every time I start on the post I get sidetracked and begin something else instead. Now that I just finished dinner and have an hour left at work... I figure now is the perfect time! :rolleyes:

The title pretty much says it all. I want to begin an NWA-style multiplayer game using Regional or Cult promotions. The point would be for all players to have a Working Agreement with each other. We'd do A LOT of trading between each other to make for unique booking in our separate major territories. I think using the CV77 database would make for the best game, but I'm open to the Default database or even CV97.

The reason I want to start this is because one day I randomly started a 4-way game to test out the Working Agreement-pact between human players. I never knew you could trade your champions amongst each other. The limitation is only there when trading with AI promotions. I think this would be a fun way of playing TEW.

Whoever wants to play MUST have 7-Zip on their PC. The ".7" file format is able to compress the save game folder to a much smaller file size than a ".zip" file. This will save a ton of time when e-mailing the save between each other.

So basically I'm up for having a bunch of big-sized Regional promotions or very small-sized Cult promotions (without TV or PPV). Having the Cult promotions would make for quicker growth and allow us to do more with each turn. Regional and below really limits what we're able to do and sending the game to each other will become a chore instead of being fun.

Not trying to be a prick here, but if you only intend to play for a week or two and then quit - you might as well back out of this thread now. :p

I've been meaning to post this thread for over two months now. Every time I start on the post I get sidetracked and begin something else instead. Now that I just finished dinner and have an hour left at work... I figure now is the perfect time! :rolleyes:

The title pretty much says it all. I want to begin an NWA-style multiplayer game using Regional or Cult promotions. The point would be for all players to have a Working Agreement with each other. We'd do A LOT of trading between each other to make for unique booking in our separate major territories. I think using the CV77 database would make for the best game, but I'm open to the Default database or even CV97.

The reason I want to start this is because one day I randomly started a 4-way game to test out the Working Agreement-pact between human players. I never knew you could trade your champions amongst each other. The limitation is only there when trading with AI promotions. I think this would be a fun way of playing TEW.

Whoever wants to play MUST have 7-Zip on their PC. The ".7" file format is able to compress the save game folder to a much smaller file size than a ".zip" file. This will save a ton of time when e-mailing the save between each other.

So basically I'm up for having a bunch of big-sized Regional promotions or very small-sized Cult promotions (without TV or PPV). Having the Cult promotions would make for quicker growth and allow us to do more with each turn. Regional and below really limits what we're able to do and sending the game to each other will become a chore instead of being fun.

Not trying to be a prick here, but if you only intend to play for a week or two and then quit - you might as well back out of this thread now. :p

I'm up for giving this a try. Never used 7-Zip, always been a WinRAR guy but will give it a download if it means I can play. No preference on dataset, I made CV97 and I've not really played CV77 yet... either works for me. :)

I'd be interested in joining this, Regional sounds good don't mind which year database ... I'l just go download this 7-Zip.

I'm up for giving this a try. Never used 7-Zip, always been a WinRAR guy but will give it a download if it means I can play. No preference on dataset, I made CV97 and I've not really played CV77 yet... either works for me. :)

Haven't we tried this a few times Derek... I'm in if there's space.

derek_b and I have decided to attempt this venture as a 2-player game with the default database. It looks as if a lot of people are interested in this Working Agreement-multiplayer concept and plenty of you could get your own copy going. I highly recommend doing so because I think it'll be an awesome way to play the game. It'd be fun to compare the saves and whatnot down the road. :cool:

derek_b and I have decided to attempt this venture as a 2-player game with the default database. It looks as if a lot of people are interested in this Working Agreement-multiplayer concept and plenty of you could get your own copy going. I highly recommend doing so because I think it'll be an awesome way to play the game. It'd be fun to compare the saves and whatnot down the road. :cool:

Be sure to keep us updated :)

Archived