Worker wishing to leave

The Scenario: In my SWF game, Jack Giedroyc recently entered the final month of his contract. At the beginning of the month, he had about 85 overness in the USA. He started losing so that by the time his contract came up for renewal his overness was in the mid 70s. I waited a week more [before offering him an extension] in order to bring his popularity down to the 60s so that I could re-sign him cheaply. This is something I do all the time [and in fact the game clearly encourages this]. Well in that week long period he accepted a pay per appearance contract with 4C [who are much much smaller than me]. No matter, I thought, as he still had 2 weeks to negotiate, and offered him a contract, now that his popularity had been lowered sufficiently.

In a couple of days I got a notification saying that he "wishes to leave". I have never seen this before. It is mystifying because his morale is good ["pleased with things"] and he has good relationships with a couple of people on my roster.

Why then does he not wish to even enter negotiations with me? Is it just because he inexplicably signed a pay per appearance contract with a small company?

So far as I can tell, it'll be because you left it late and so in the window the 4C negotitations went through. More than likely, then, it's because signing the PPA would be considered 'leaving' SWF, and he doesn't want to immediately re-sign with a company that just 'let him go'. That'd be my guess, though I'm not the most seasoned of players.

6 months of hardcore action in 4C wont do him any harm.

End of the day, he's signed a contract with 4C (because he didn't think you were going to offer him a contract), and he's going to honour it (until TCW come and sign him to another written deal). It's a learning point to note for the future - if someone's contract is up and they get an offer from somewhere else, it's time to act.

Archived