TEW V1.2 changes

Cool to see some of the re-renders, I particularly like the Clark Alexander one.

The lucha scene looks so much more appealing to me now, I recommend it!

Just downloading this now... Does this mean some of the pics from the re-render thread made it in?

I'm hoping so, trying to rename all these pics manually has been driving my OCD-riddled self kinda crazy...

:o

Some of them, but no-one over 60 pop in the US has been changed so the original character of the C-Verse is there which is good, alot of Japanese workers have updates, they look cool to me as I only used rerenders in my workers (don't like the rivals using cool pics :D.

The new Jack Griffin is brilliant, I Must have missed it.

What's funny is I spend SOOOO much time collecting, naming, re-naming, and filtering which of the many amazing renders I want to use from the re-render and alt thread..that there's just no way in hell i can use the default pic file any more.

I probably won't do much with this but it's great to know that Adam appreciates the work that the artists on these boards create as much as we do.

So.. you didn't have any achievements? :D Seriously, if there is any way to regain my precious achievements please tell me.

I just installed the demo to retail update and nothing was erased.

Then again, I don't think I have any of the new pictures! Can anyone upload one of the changed pictures?

Out of interest - have the new pictures all been posted in the re-render thread or are some of them previously unreleased?

If I download the full 1.2 do I need to uninstall the current version before installing the new version or can I just overwrite?

Out of interest - have the new pictures all been posted in the re-render thread or are some of them previously unreleased?

They are all from the re-render thread to the best of my knowledge.

If I download the full 1.2 do I need to uninstall the current version before installing the new version or can I just overwrite?

If you use the full installer over the top of your existing version you will reset your achievements and default options (as well as replacing your default data) but everything else should remain the same. If you're worried about it, you should install it to a different location and simply move the game and data files \ pictures across manually.

They are all from the re-render thread to the best of my knowledge.

If you use the full installer over the top of your existing version you will reset your achievements and default options (as well as replacing your default data) but everything else should remain the same. If you're worried about it, you should install it to a different location and simply move the game and data files \ pictures across manually.

Thank you for the quick reply Adam.

If you're worried about it, you should install it to a different location and simply move the game and data files \ pictures across manually.

Ok, here's a question on achievements...I installed the .exe to a different location, as per your suggestion, and found out that the achievements is tied to 004.tw0 inside the System folder (TEW2010\System). Is there any harm in transferring that over into the V1.2 location? If I do this, my achievements (from final temporary patch from 1.1 (dated September 17th)) show under V1.2.

What about the other files in the System folder (001.tw0, 002.tw0, and 005.tw0)? What are these files, and is there any harm in transferring them over to V1.2?

Ok, here's a question on achievements...I installed the .exe to a different location, as per your suggestion, and found out that the achievements is tied to 004.tw0 inside the System folder (TEW2010\System). Is there any harm in transferring that over into the V1.2 location? If I do this, my achievements (from final temporary patch from 1.1 (dated September 17th)) show under V1.2.

What about the other files in the System folder (001.tw0, 002.tw0, and 005.tw0)? What are these files, and is there any harm in transferring them over to V1.2?

If you installed to a new location all you should have copied over to your original TEW directory was the default database folder and default picture folder. Your achievements would have stayed the same without having to mess with any of the TEW system files.

If you installed to a new location all you should have copied over to your original TEW directory was the default database folder and default picture folder. Your achievements would have stayed the same without having to mess with any of the TEW system files.

I understand what you're saying, but I somewhat prefer the title screen to say 'Version 1.2' rather than 'Version 1.1 (Temporary Patch, 17th September 2010), so I have to go the other way around. And yes, I understand that the changes between the 2 versions are mostly in the database (bios, alter egos) and the pictures. It's a purely cosmetic thing, I suppose...

Sorry, but I gotta put this out there...

Does anyone notice that the game world seems to change a great deal when starting a new game with the update? I've noticed alot of people being released by SWF then I have ever seen, alot of people being not resigned.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

Archived