Gimp or Photoshop?

juggaloninjalee

I can't see why GIMP would be any better than PhotoShop. If you want PS legit though, you'd better be rich than hell, because it costs around $700. But then again, I can't see why you should have a legit version. It doesn't offer any special (I have a legit one), and it is over-expensive.

Graphic designers can tell you there is a VAST difference between the products and there is a reason Adobe leads the marketplace.

If you are a student you can pick it up for 200-300 at Adobe. Honestly, it all depends on what you are wanting to do with it. If you are wanting to get in to graphic design, small photo editing, etc.

I haven't done any design in years and just do photo editing (re-sizing, cropping, etc) and use PhotoScape for that.

Graphic designers can tell you there is a VAST difference between the products and there is a reason Adobe leads the marketplace.

If you are a student you can pick it up for 200-300 at Adobe. Honestly, it all depends on what you are wanting to do with it. If you are wanting to get in to graphic design, small photo editing, etc.

I haven't done any design in years and just do photo editing (re-sizing, cropping, etc) and use PhotoScape for that.

What is photoscape?

I just wanna be able to mess around and maybe make logos and such that look pretty clean. Maybe do some stuff for TEW and maybe be able to make some sigs and such. Edit some of my photos to make them look better.

Simple thing to do would be to try GIMP first (it's free) and see what you come up with. If you reach a dead-end trying to do something, then take a look at Photoshop and see if it can do what you want.

If you're just making logos, sigs and editing photos, then GIMP can do a more than adequate job. I've used it in the past for the very things you've mentioned.

Archived