weight classes for mods

i know ppl use there own time and effort to do the mods but the weight classes for these wrestlers are not right for exp....raven 220 or plus pounds everyone puts him as lightheavyweight he is a heavyweight... a heavyweight is anyone over 205lbs 185 to 204 is a lightheavyweight and so on.....

i know ppl use there own time and effort to do the mods but the weight classes for these wrestlers are not right for exp....raven 220 or plus pounds everyone puts him as lightheavyweight he is a heavyweight... a heavyweight is anyone over 205lbs 185 to 204 is a lightheavyweight and so on.....

Ummm... Yeah, sure. In pro wrestling, 205 pound guys are heavyweights. If you say so...

All depends on who you ask. For example in the WWE the limit for the cruiser & light-heavyweight titles was 215lb (Jeff Hardy was booked for years by them as being 216lb so that he could be concidered a legitimate contender to heavyweight midcard titles). So, yes, by their reckoning Raven was on the lighter end of heavyweight. So you could say he was a light heavyweight.

In the UK Raven would be concidered a middleweight (no light heavyweight class), with heavyweight being 234lb+ (I know a guy who's 'wrestling weight' is 234 and a quarter lb, purely for the same reasons as the WWE did with Jeff). So would Jeff, as middleweight starts at 200lb. Its all about context in the real world, so the game standardises it. Makes sence to me

Uhhh...I'm not trying to come off as a smart ass, but you really need to look at the help file, Page 34 elxpains the worker's weight classes...

"Giant: Special cases

Super Heavyweight: 380lb +

Big Heavyweight: 320 – 380lbs

Heavyweight: 290 – 320lbs

Light Heavyweight: 260 – 290lbs

Middleweight: 230 – 260lbs

Lightweight: Most male wrestlers under 230lbs, large female wrestlers

Small: Unusually small male wrestlers, female wrestlers

Very Small: Smaller female wrestlers, small male non-wrestlers"

So, if a person was modding with this standard, then he's correct. 224 lbs, in the Ryland-scale = Lightweight. But if we're talking the 230 lbs-240 lbs Raven, then he's a Middleweight.

Hope that helps, and go off the help file in TEW 2010. It's the standard. (lol, that sounded corney, hahaha)

Well actually I've been involved in many mods including the 2005 C Verse mod and for a while I was a big part of the community mod.

On top of that what does being a mod maker have to do with anything? Its pretty much fact that 205 in pro wrestling is a small wrestler. As I said in WCW 220/30 was the cruiserweight cut off. Thats fact nothing to do with a mod. Also calm down nobody is being mean to you but your attitude won't make you go very far in this community.

Pretty sure somewhere in the readme Adam Ryland has listed what he considers for the game to be the different weight classes which differ from what are considered the actual weight classes for wrestling. Go take a look at it and the mods may make a bit more sense.

I tend to ignore that to a degree though as I just dislike the way those weight classes are set out.

<p>Here is an site that I have found useful for putting people in weight divisions. It not only has weight divisions for wrestling, but also boxing and MMA, which might be useful for crossover wrestlers in some way. </p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.wrestling-titles.com/weights.html" rel="external nofollow">http://www.wrestling-titles.com/weights.html</a></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BurningHamster" data-cite="BurningHamster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29221" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pretty sure somewhere in the readme Adam Ryland has listed what he considers for the game to be the different weight classes which differ from what are considered the actual weight classes for wrestling. Go take a look at it and the mods may make a bit more sense.<p> </p><p> I tend to ignore that to a degree though as I just dislike the way those weight classes are set out.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Although I have no problem with going a different route for mod-making, I hope that people consider the value's Adam put up there to relate to other parts of the game, such as gimmicks and such. It's a way to balance things out in those area's, and help US figure out who would fit where. It's a loose representation, as some people could fall into "Giant" that are just tall, but not heavy... It's not a written in gold thing, but just a standard to go by... Someone might always fight as a cruiserweight, but really be too heavy for that in the standard, so you can re-evaluate it individually, but for the most part I would hope to go by the standards for ease of play.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="djthefunkchris" data-cite="djthefunkchris" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29221" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Although I have no problem with going a different route for mod-making, I hope that people consider the value's Adam put up there to relate to other parts of the game, such as gimmicks and such. It's a way to balance things out in those area's, and help US figure out who would fit where. It's a loose representation, as some people could fall into "Giant" that are just tall, but not heavy... It's not a written in gold thing, but just a standard to go by... Someone might always fight as a cruiserweight, but really be too heavy for that in the standard, so you can re-evaluate it individually, but for the most part I would hope to go by the standards for ease of play.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Understandable, in my mod that I am working on though I just found that the weight classes had way too many different divisions of huge guys and not enough of small guys. Does it really matter if a 310lbs guy is in a different division as a 330lbs guy? they are both freaking massive and I cannot think of a promotion in the world who would ever place those workers into different divions in terms of weight class for titles. Whereas way too many people fit into the category of very small, small and lightweight when in actuality there is often a bigger difference in how those workers size differences are perceived by audiences or represented in terms of which titles they can compete for. Therefore, I feel fully justified in working around the standard weight system as a means of better representing the real world as opposed to the c-verse.</p>

<p>Only problem with those weight classes is it'd put guys like Brock Lesnar and HHH as light heavyweights.</p><p> </p><p>

Of course thats WWE, and wrestling doesnt revolve around the E. I think they stopped adding 50-60 lbs to everyones weight back in the 90s or something. Big Show is only listed at 440 lbs now or w/e. If he wrestled in the 80's, he'd be 550 lbs Im sure. </p><p> </p><p>

Plus if you are trying to balance a real world mod with the CVerse, anyone who weighed over 280 lbs would be a one dimensional brawler.</p>

Archived