Popularity and momentum

Can you please tell me what kind of things have the greatest affect on a workers popularity? Recently I've noticed massive jumps in popularty for a worker after winning a few matches (as in went from around D+ to A within a month). He's currently a midcarder and when I had him lose a match to a main eventer I noticed his popularity dropped significantly (back down o around C).

Are these kind of jumps normal? What has the greatest affect on popularity... is it just winning matches? Is there a way in which a worker can lose a match without suffering a dope in popularity?

Similarly, with momentum is it generated purely through winning and losing? Is it possible for a worker to lose a match without it affecting his momentum?

Do angles influence a workers popularity as well?

<p>Yea i had something similar with Ted dibiase jr, his popularity and momentum were about C/C+. I set a rivalry with him and John Cena, thought it may improve Teddy , but what i didn't expect was after a month Teddy having a momentum of A and popularity of A , In that month he lost to cena, won 2 upper midcarders then drew with Cena. looked at him before the PPV and see that huge rise so i set up a 3 way match between cena, teddy and the world Champ for Teddy to win his first title while he was hugely over, </p><p> </p><p>

I made him loose the title to Orton the PPV after, but the last 3 months He's stuck at B+/A even when loosing some matches, going to give him another title match.</p>

<p>My biggest problem with TEW has always been momentum. My "Whos hot" list was always empty.</p><p> </p><p>

Fortunately I fnally figured out the easiest (And obvious) way of doing it.</p><p> </p><p>

Momentum is a finite resource so to get people high it relies on debuting workers looking good.</p><p> </p><p>

Imagine a film trilogy. Once the hero beats the bad guy (Darth Maul for example) you always need a new baddy who looks even scarier and even tougher to beat (Count Dooku). He needs to look awesome (ie win on his debut) to have any credibility. And not just win, but beat someone decent. If Dooku debuted by slapping Jarjar Binks around would he be taken seriously?</p><p> </p><p>

Of course once he's finally been beaten you need an even badder one (Darth Sidious) and so on.</p><p> </p><p>

Th good thing here is this helps to show the continued journey of our goodie into a hero as he can finally take on bigger foes than ever. I.e pretty much the basis of most storytelling...</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway - crap analogy aside the method is like this:</p><p> </p><p>

1 Debut workers with a strong-performing angle. Menace is good. or have them introduced/encountered by your biggest star.</p><p> </p><p>

2 Give them a win over someone as close to their level as possible (ie a new ME beats a UM etc) on their first night.</p><p> </p><p>

3 Either push them or allow other workers to take some of their amazing new shininess.</p><p> </p><p>

4 Repeat. Forever.</p>

<p>Popularity and momentum can also depend on the gimmick the worker has. In the help file, there's a detailed breakdown, but basically ****y gimmicks both gain and lose momentum/popularity at a quicker rate than normal, comedy gimmicks suffer less from defeat, legitimate or realistic gimmicks suffer MORE if they lose to the gimmicky or comedy types...</p><p> </p><p>

Like I said, there's a much better description in the help file for the game, but it can also depend on the gimmick.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Boltinho" data-cite="Boltinho" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29232" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> Anyway - crap analogy aside the method is like this:</p><p> </p><p> 1 Debut workers with a strong-performing angle. Menace is good. or have them introduced/encountered by your biggest star.</p><p> </p><p> 2 Give them a win over someone as close to their level as possible (ie a new ME beats a UM etc) on their first night.</p><p> </p><p> 3 Either push them or allow other workers to take some of their amazing new shininess.</p><p> </p><p> 4 Repeat. Forever.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I liked your analogy Bolt. And it makes sense if you think about real-life wrestling. If you bring in a new wrestler and have him debut by beating Santino in a ten-minute long comedy match, he's going to have a harder time going up the card than if he comes in like the Nexus did by making them seem that they could defeat Cena, or Orton, or whomever. So it makes sense that TEW works the same way.</p>

<p>That all seems to make sense (I liked the analogy btw, nice one!). Just a few more questions then:</p><p> </p><p>

Can a worker gain popularity by through angles?</p><p> </p><p>

Will a worker gain popularity by losing to a worker at a higher level? (How much migher do they need to be?)</p><p> </p><p>

Is there a way to have your top guys lose without losing popularity? </p><p> </p><p>

How much of an effect can the road agent notes have?</p>

That all seems to make sense (I liked the analogy btw, nice one!). Just a few more questions then:

Can a worker gain popularity by through angles?

Will a worker gain popularity by losing to a worker at a higher level? (How much migher do they need to be?)

Is there a way to have your top guys lose without losing popularity?

How much of an effect can the road agent notes have?

just think about it this way. a perfect example is the former wwe stable Evolution. batista and Orton were nobodies. But having them with two really popular guys, triple h and flair, everyone were watching what Batista and Orton were doing. They gained pop because they were seen with hhh and flair. and look how Lesnar got famous, completely destroying everyone in his way

That all seems to make sense (I liked the analogy btw, nice one!). Just a few more questions then:

Can a worker gain popularity by through angles?

Will a worker gain popularity by losing to a worker at a higher level? (How much migher do they need to be?)

Is there a way to have your top guys lose without losing popularity?

How much of an effect can the road agent notes have?

Yes, a worker can gain overness through angles. They have to be decently strong angles, though.

Yes, a worker can gain through losing. It is entirely possible to lose your way up the card. Its especially effective with high Star Quality. How much higher they need to be depends on a number of fators, but they key is to ensure the match quality is decent. Its not going to work well if the matches stink.

To an extent, but factors like Gimmick type come into play. Using notes like Open Match help, but they also reduce the benefit for the worker who wins the match.

Using Road Agent notes properly certainly helps. Its rarely going to make a monstrous difference, but they can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Momentum struggle

I have to warm up the topic of the momentum, because I am really struggling with getting any momentum. My list "Who's hot" is constantly empty, though I am pushing people, giving them wins over equal and one push lower guys. The highest I can keep my Main Eventers is around 50-55. So my questions now are:

Is there a limit to the momentum (due to stats, gimmick, push)?

Is there a limit of people who can have momentum (being hot)?

How do I get the momentum going (without wasting too much of the momentum of others)?

Or if you can give me some hints how to handle it, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Archived