Local Fed Discussion Thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually just started one. Had my first show and got a 38 overall rating. Using my user avatar (Jack) which helps as he has 50 in popularity and pretty good skills. Hired Ant-Man to fued with him and had them in a ladder match in the main event of my first event... and Ant-Man copped an injury that's going to keep him out for the next 14 months!!

<p>The local that i started grabbed a few unknowns.</p><p>

These guys are cheap and pretty good for the most part:</p><p> </p><p>

Ben Williams.</p><p>

Roderick Remus and his brother Remington.</p><p>

Ace Young blood.</p><p>

Amazing Firefly</p><p>

Ant Man is pretty good and has a great little strongman gimmick.</p><p>

Roger Monteiro. </p><p>

Hugh De Aske. I sprung abit and brought him in. Solid worker and with enough entertainment skills to make use of him for any style.</p><p> </p><p>

I hired the paratroopers:</p><p>

Paranoia</p><p>

Paradox </p><p>

Paradigm</p><p>

I job them out alot but they are nice to use as you know they'll never amount to much but great for brutes to beat down or just easy wins.</p>

<p>Looks like everyone that does 0000 hires Ant-Man.</p><p> </p><p>

Here's where i'm at so far ...</p><p> </p><p>

July 2012 @ 10 Pop. In the South West (USA)</p><p>

Prestige: 6 + Momentum: 28</p><p> </p><p>

Onto my 6th Champ (SAW Ultra-Bling Title) in my 2 1/2 years with SAW (Simply Awesome Wrestling)</p><p> </p><p>

Current Roster;</p><p>

Amazing Fire Fly, Amber Allen, Antix, Ant-Man, Christina Charlston, Donovan Boon, El Medico, Evil Spirit, Giant Brody, Ginko Kuroda, Kinuye Mushashibo, Power Girl + The Pilgrim.</p><p> </p><p>

Announcers: Davis Ditterich, Gil Thomas (Owner) + Reese Paige (Road Agent).</p><p>

Referee: Lois Hudson.</p><p> </p><p>

And incase you don't know the SAW product;</p><p> </p><p>

Key: Mainstream + Comedy.</p><p>

Everything else at None.</p><p> </p><p>

Oh and i've run 32 shows so far (it's going to be a long slog with SAW being rated 'Much more on Pop).</p>

<p>Ant-Man is princely for a local fed. Both affordable and non-awful. My starting roster for my 0/0/0/0 diary was Amber Allen, Ant-Man, Hugh De Aske, Brendan Idol, Connie Morris, Jebediah, Running Wolf, Roger Monteiro, Regular Joe, Super Sonic and Paranoia (would've got his too buddies, but it would've failed me an owner goal).</p><p> </p><p>

I also grabbed Jared Johnson after he debuted.</p><p> </p><p>

For an intergrated promotion, I think that Amber is almost an essential. Her technical skills are fantastic.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>For an intergrated promotion, I think that Amber is almost an essential. Her technical skills are fantastic.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Spot on, i was gutted because i unfortunately had to wait to sign her till May 2011. Damn Owner goal preventing me signing any Technicians for first 16 months.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChrisKid" data-cite="ChrisKid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Running Wolf,Roger Monterio and Ace Youngblood (native alt and renamed Tomohawk) make a pretty good stable</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know if it good on my part or not but I'm TCW and I'm about to make Running Wolf my world champ</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ChrisKid" data-cite="ChrisKid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Running Wolf,Roger Monterio and Ace Youngblood (native alt and renamed Tomohawk) make a pretty good stable</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And give them Alexis Lee Littlefeather as a manager.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29238" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if it good on my part or not but I'm TCW and I'm about to make Running Wolf my world champ</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Could be either bad or good depending on how much he's improved from his base stats. He doesn't start off great, but he does have some potential. That said, it's a little odd to have an entertainer become the champ in a performance based company, but perhap that's just me. (Heck, Rocky did it)</p>

I change the produce around a lot.. But now I have a question. Why would it matter? Thanks

My understanding is that that entertainers tend to be more about drawing in the crowd and getting them active than the actual wrestling. Not that they can't wrestle, just that their focus isn't on the ringwork so much as what reactions they can get from the crowd. In TCW, which is strongly performance based, you'd assume the preference is for people that ARE really good in the ring as opposed to having that focus.

But perhaps that's just my conjecture, I don't know the game in enough detail to be positive. I do know that style can affect what level people are autopushed to in what company - e.g. in popularity based feds, technicians will generally push lower in spite of their actual overness.

My understanding is that that entertainers tend to be more about drawing in the crowd and getting them active than the actual wrestling. Not that they can't wrestle, just that their focus isn't on the ringwork so much as what reactions they can get from the crowd. In TCW, which is strongly performance based, you'd assume the preference is for people that ARE really good in the ring as opposed to having that focus.

But perhaps that's just my conjecture, I don't know the game in enough detail to be positive. I do know that style can affect what level people are autopushed to in what company - e.g. in popularity based feds, technicians will generally push lower in spite of their actual overness.

Thanks

I've just hit cult in a 0/0/0/0 game. Couple of kingpins have been Donte Dunn, Ant Man, and Raphael. Roger Monteiro has also turned into a pretty great worker, which has surprised me, as I never saw him as someone who would amount to much. :p Maybe I just got a nice destiny roll for him. Sadly, him and Donte left us for USPW, so I have a bit of rebuilding to do. :(

Other than the names I mentioned, there were others, such as Amber Allen, Jebediah, and the obvious ones such as DWN who have contributed over the years.

I start a Fed in the Tri State, based on Modern, so I decide to get people maximum size middleweight.

My initial rooster:

Paradigm

Paranoia

Paradox

Rex Reeves

Mark Smart

Regular Joe

Nigel Svennson

Ant man (of course)

Roger Monteiro

Raphael

Island boy Apollo

Mad Dog Mortimer

Daredevil Aero

Fearless Blue

Tag Team

Paratroopers (Paradimg and Paranoia -face)

Reeve's Paradox (Rex Reeves and Paradox - heel)

I start a Fed in the Tri State, based on Modern, so I decide to get people maximum size middleweight.

My initial rooster:

Paradigm

Paranoia

Paradox

Rex Reeves

Mark Smart

Regular Joe

Nigel Svennson

Ant man (of course)

Roger Monteiro

Raphael

Island boy Apollo

Mad Dog Mortimer

Daredevil Aero

Fearless Blue

Tag Team

Paratroopers (Paradimg and Paranoia -face)

Reeve's Paradox (Rex Reeves and Paradox - heel)

http://www.dentaprime.co.uk/blog/uploaded_images/rooster-796409.jpg

Anywho, I'm looking to start a Local promotion of my own... but most certainly outside of the USA, and probably not Japan. Either the UK or Canada, but I won't rule out Europe, Australia, or Mexico quite yet.

Japan is pretty fun, although the pool is quite restricted.

On the other hand... CHIYEKO KITA!

I love the roster for my Japanese 0/0/0/0, currently at small, in spite of it being FAR too large. I started with Kita, Kinuye Mushashibo, Ginko Kuroda, Musashi, Kaii Hanari, Tobei Sugimura, Kiemon Yoshimatsu, Haruhiro Tsumemasa, Oda Yakuta and The Big Problem (he works in Japan! I couldn't resist!) I soon after got The Circus of Death and discovered the awesomeness that is Reaper Dante (Cicero, not so much, I love how Dante is better than him at everything).

I later picked up Amane Shunsen for his performance skills, although he is the biggest moaner I have ever met in the game.

Also on the roster:

The Red Oni (Yuri Iliakov and Viktor Beskiv, 21CW folded)

Team Justice (The Lawal brothers, cause I don't like their team name. Great menace and experience made them worthwhile)

Clark Alexander (at 37, ten years into time decline but very good performance skills too)

Josh Jones (because he's awesome, currently tag champ with Clark)

Katsonosuki Amori (A regenerated Junnosuke Fukazawa, teaming with...)

Sterling Whitlock

Amber Allen (Yup!)

Lawrence Jackson (A regenerated Dread)

My biggest two names, though, are, released from their TCW contracts by a clearly insane Tommy Cornell... the Machines. Their contracts expired within about six months of one another and I signed both Brent Hill and Human Arsenal. Hill is 42 and right at the top of time decline (yet is still awesome), whilst Arsenal is 37 and still going awesomely strong. TCW you fools. Not using them as a team though, they're too good for tag ranks.

The best thing about this fed is probably the randomly generated announcer I have. Started with 94 in mic and charisma, 91 in acting and 85 in announcing. Over two years, he's increased to 99 in mic, charisma and announcing and his acting is up to 95. He's the most insanely good random guy I've ever seen.

Having said that, I'm still getting stomped in the regional battle. 5SSW, WEXXV and Hinote are all decimating me.

I think everyone signs Ant-man regardless of fed size assuming they are playing in NA. Hes the man.

Ant-Man is easily my favorite C-Verse worker, hence making him my user character in my dynasty game (shameless plug :D)

My 1st (and only) game so far in TEW2010 is a 0/0/0/0 game. I started in South West, USA, and I'm currently in early Cult, Feb. 2013. I've got a long, long way to go 'til National. I also haven't played in 3 weeks (a little burnt out), but this thread is inspiring me a little to get back into it.

Like many, Ant-Man was one of my initial hires, and he's progressed quite nicely in my view (heck, he has a 95 rated match). He's been a fixture in the tag team ranks, and I have a really deep tag division -- 21 tag teams, with ALL having tag chemistry. I've been thinking of establishing a 2nd brand for a while now, focusing exclusively on tag teams, but I haven't quite pulled the trigger.

Ant-Man and Davis Wayne Newton have the distinction of being in the company from its inception until now. Extraordinario Jr. would also be in that group, but he got signed to a Written contract by SOTBPW sometime when I hit Regional. Paradox and Running Wolf were also initial hires, but I let them both go early on. They both are now back.

DWN has pretty much been the company darling, in the sense that:

#1) he's been there the entire time (and actually was the costliest hire in the beginning)

#2) he's the only one I've Jesus-pushed (went 19-0 the 1st year, which, in hindsight, was NOT a good idea, and something I've been cautious about as a whole)

#3) he's been a Main Event fixture for a good while now

#4) he's been an excellent backstage influence

#5) he's been the #1 Franchise Player, according to my Creative, since just about forever

That said, there's a good chance that I'll let him go when his contract expires in ~4 months, since he's beginning to get TOO popular (darn you, NOTBPW). I like to have my Main Eventers to be around the same level in popularity, so they don't whine about booking outcomes, and he's starting to rocket up in popularity, due to NOTBPW. He's not accepting any attempted Written contracts, even w/2 positive relationships, so I'm pretty much jobbing him out at this point. No big deal though, I as I only consider 2 wrestlers in the entire roster to be irreplaceable at this point (and DWN is not 1 of them).

My roster is huge -- 71 workers, at Cult, not counting managers/personalities/announcers/colour commentators/refs, and my roster turnover is high (pretty sure I've gone through well over 100 workers). A fair amount stick with the company, and the rest either get released/contract expired/poached. My fed is performance based, and I like to develop talent, so if I see talent plateauing at one of the key stats I look for (hello Basics/Psychology!), I release them. I have 10 managers/personalities, as well.

It depends on how big your roster is, and how much money you're making. I've found that a lot of the workers available for a 0/0/0/0 to begin with just don't have the tank to go for particularly long matches, and 1h 30 is a lot of time to fill - especially when you have a basic roster, for Local, of what? 12 guys?

Depends whether your fans expect to see lots of angles or more in ring action, it's probably easier with less focus on matches.

However the other thing happens to be cost. Up until you hit cult and even then only in specific circumstances, all your workers are going to be on PPA. That means the more people you use on the show, the more it's going to cost you. In my 0/0/0/0 diary game, I try to omit at least one of my high earners every show, just to help balance the books a little bit better. Basically, longer show = more time to fill = longer matches/more workers.

Sometimes the longer matches can get better grades in the sense that short matches don't give them enough time to strut their stuff, but there's more risk of the guys involved running out of gas and making the match tank. My preference is to play it safe, keep the shows short, and then build up to that level when I have enough people and am making enough money for it to be worthwhile.

Archived