Explanation needed...

Sorry to be a whinge and a sook... but in this case I cant help it. I'd love to get some feedback on why I just received the dreaded "there was a feeling that some of the angles did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action" with the following show;

Angle = A

Match = B-

Angle (minor) = B

Angle = B+

Match = C

Angle = A

Match = C+

Angle = B-

Angle = A

Angle = B-

Match = C-

Angle = B+

Angle = B+

Match = B-

Angle = B

Match = C

Angle (minor) = C+

Angle = B+

Match = B

Angle = B+

Angle = B+

Match = A

Angle = A*

If anything, the matches were pants and the angles were decent, should be the opposite effect. The show itself was a B+ (would've been an A 3 weeks ago if a stupid C+ battle royale hadnt knocked half a grade off my entire roster just because I threw the odd jobber in). balls!

anyway, if anyone could shed some light on the above matter and clarify this little grey area, would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Sorry to be a whinge and a sook... but in this case I cant help it. I'd love to get some feedback on why I just received the dreaded "there was a feeling that some of the angles did not reach the standards set by the in-ring action" with the following show;

Angle = A

Match = B-

Angle (minor) = B

Angle = B+

Match = C

Angle = A

Match = C+

Angle = B-

Angle = A

Angle = B-

Match = C-

Angle = B+

Angle = B+

Match = B-

Angle = B

Match = C

Angle (minor) = C+

Angle = B+

Match = B

Angle = B+

Angle = B+

Match = A

Angle = A*

If anything, the matches were pants and the angles were decent, should be the opposite effect. The show itself was a B+ (would've been an A 3 weeks ago if a stupid C+ battle royale hadnt knocked half a grade off my entire roster just because I threw the odd jobber in). balls!

anyway, if anyone could shed some light on the above matter and clarify this little grey area, would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

These topics are always easier if you post up the numbers instead of the letters, gives greater accuracy. But basically, you have the 70/20/10 split for matches that gives a baseline for your show rating. If the average of you major angles comes out higher, it pulls your show rating up. If it comes out lower, it bring yours show down a bit. Both seem to be in the B+ range...

70% of "A" main event = 66ish

20% or "B" semi main = 16ish

10% of average of other matches = 6ish

TOTAL = 88ish = B+

Angles 3*A, 6*B+, 1*B, 2*B- = B+

That stupid ****ing road agent note is ruining the game for me, I never EVER sit down and watch a wrestling show and think "man, these angles aren't living up to the standards of the matches".

ANGLES SET UP MATCHES, THE TWO SHOULDN'T EVEN BE COMPARED!

So I have to get B's for literally every single show I book, and manually keep my company from losing popularity via the editor. Not fun.

That stupid ****ing road agent note is ruining the game for me, I never EVER sit down and watch a wrestling show and think "man, these angles aren't living up to the standards of the matches".

So I have to get B's for literally every single show I book, and manually keep my company from losing popularity via the editor. Not fun.

The message is there to help. Angles affect show ratings, but not nearly as much as matches. The note just tells you whether the angles had a positive or negative effect, however small the effect. And a lot of the time the effect is quite minor. You still get the message, but often it's a reflection of good matches rather than poor angles. Getting the message is not a bad thing. Adam could have easily put in the reverse message, that the matches weren't as good as the angles.

I've had that exact thought a number of times when watching TNA, and a few times when watching ROH on HDNet. Especially when ROH kept doing long feud recap segments for about a month - I knew the reason why they had to do that, but it came across like completely time filler and it made each show feel less than it was.

So yes, crap angles between good wrestling matches does affect things to some viewers.

It only takes ONE angle below the average for it to screw up your rating. Only ONE.

Your B- segments did it.

ALL of your angles have to equal (for no effect) or be better than (for the bonus) the average of your matches in order to not get the penalty. One time I had a ton of 100-rated angles and a few 86-95, and then an agle that rated 77. That one angle got me the penalty.

maybe try to get better at the game rather than ignore the note?

And it really doesnt effect the grade that much at all, I've tested it plenty of times with the auto save off.

maybe try to get better at the game rather than ignore the note?

And it really doesnt effect the grade that much at all, I've tested it plenty of times with the auto save off.

Actually, it does. You can lose 5-10 points from it. I've had events that, without the penalty, would have been guaranteed 95+ due to the other grades on the card, and sometimes I get as low as 90 or 85. Like one time, all my matches were 90+, with my semi-main 99 and my main 100. Most of my angles ranged from 90-100. There were two angles, though, that came in at like 75 and 82 or something like that. What, by all accounts, probably should have scores 97-99 based on the grades involved, ended up dropping to a 90.

So yes, it can have a pretty large effect.

As I mentioned in another thread on this topic, I'm with chessarmy. At the end of the day, good matches is what makes me watch wrestling, though many fans of WWE might disagree with me. Matches are the meat, angles are the potatos and gravy.

If WWE shows were simulated on TEW all the filler angles would kill their ratings. Having said that, the game isn't trying to replicate reality where the WWE can get away with a lot more.

As I mentioned in another thread on this topic, I'm with chessarmy. At the end of the day, good matches is what makes me watch wrestling, though many fans of WWE might disagree with me. Matches are the meat, angles are the potatos and gravy.

If WWE shows were simulated on TEW all the filler angles would kill their ratings. Having said that, the game isn't trying to replicate reality where the WWE can get away with a lot more.

But if you had a meal that included an amazing roast but disgusting potatos and gravy, would that bring down your overall impression of the meal???

Also, the filler angles would usually be considered minor angles, which don't affect the show rating.

Archived