Jack Bruce "man under pressure" storyline

Looks like a sweet storyline. I think I will adapt it to fit my promotion. I've never had a wrestler do two main event matches back to back. Based on the writeup, it sounds like the first match went at least 20 minutes. I know it depends on the stamina of the wrestler, but wouldn't a 2nd main event match on the same night have a lower score than the first? Given that the one worker would get penalties for being tired?

Looks like a sweet storyline. I think I will adapt it to fit my promotion. I've never had a wrestler do two main event matches back to back. Based on the writeup, it sounds like the first match went at least 20 minutes. I know it depends on the stamina of the wrestler, but wouldn't a 2nd main event match on the same night have a lower score than the first? Given that the one worker would get penalties for being tired?

The stamina issue shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't push things too hard in either match. Making them both 40 minutes long might tax even a guy with pretty high stamina. But two 20 minute matches (entirely reasonable for an SE product) should be okay. I used the same approach in my SWF diary when I took the belt off of Bruce and he handled it fine.

Work the Crowd is only usable for pre-show matches or the first match of the card. Unless you want a match to rate lower, in order to use the peak and valley system that Perfect Show theory apparently has.

I use it on all my matches in NYCW- largely because my roster tends to get lower ratings on going all-out due to the pressure.

OK, so you would work the crowd both matches then

If you use the work the crowd note on a main event (not a semi-main, THE main event), you deserve the rating you get. Look at the explanation of the note in the help file. Is that not the exact opposite of what you want a MAIN EVENT to do?

In most cases, I tend to work the crowd in most matches, except the main event. In a pre-show, I'll mess around with different notes, even using all out if I think the match will be particularly bad.

I tend to use 16 minutes as my bridge between all out and slow build - I've not tried it, but I can see a main eventer doing two matches in a night if they were slow builds.

When it comes to road agent notes, less is more. Unless you know what you're doing, you can really screw your match ratings by using the wrong road agent notes.

For example, "work the crowd" is NOT something you want as a "default, all my matches get this" note or else you're probably getting just about every match as 1 grade lower then it should be.

"Work the crowd" is used for a very specific purpose, i.e. to have your workers "pull back" and not burn out the crowd to set up the next match.

i.e. It's used on your semi-main event ONLY if you worry that your semi-main event match will overshadow your main event match.

The only real reason to use road agent notes are:

1) Storyline purposes

2) Very specific worker related notes (i.e. call in ring, protect, dominate etc.)

If i have top star going to beat a midcarder with talent i use open match road agent note so that it makes the loser of the match look good even with the loss.

Seems to work too, as i've got Chris Hero and Colt Cabanna pretty well over and popular using the open match note.

btw i thought Work the crowd meant they got the fans fired up for the next match?

Archived