Fight Camps - Fighter roles

Do the fighters at the camp play a role in the progression of the other fighters or just how well they teach each discipline? Also, how do the retutations of the camps go up or down? Are they dynamic, meaning do they change as fighters from that camp win, or are they static, meaning they stay they same as they were at game creation?

Just wondering because I have some really good fighters at some of these camps and would think sparring against high level guys every day would help you improve as well as being trained by good coaches. If any of you have played MMA Tycoon before, your coaches and they fighters in your camp all play a role in your development.

Also would be cool if when fighters win the camp's rep improves. it may, I have just never payed much attention to camps until now...

The quality of the camp definitely affects fighter progression and the reputation of fighters within a camp definitely affect the overall reputation of the camp. To what extent I'm not sure.

The easiest way to see this is to play as WEFF in the default data. As your stars start gaining reputation the all female camps start shooting up the rankings. And the few women who get a spot in the real good camps (like Strike Force or American Cage Fighters) are the ones who progress the fastest.

Fighter Reputation def. affects the camps rep. In my game I created Elite MMA camps for each game region and limited it to 5 fighters each as something of an elite (hence the name) camp with World Renowned in everything and fantastic rep. However a few losers joined a few areas (i didnt set who was in them just wanted it to play itself out) and those areas a few months later only have great reputation while the ones with mostly top people remains fantastic.

That's kinda cool that the people in the camp have an effect. Although, I would like to see some kind of progression system. You shoulda have to have a certain rep or have earned enough $$$ through fights to be able to train at a big time gym like ATT or Jackson's. They don't all have to be studs but there shouldn't be any scrubs there.

Archived