I'm going to be honest, a great render always makes me biased toward workers. I'm also a big fan of monsters. Guys with high menace are easy to get over and very believable threats.

I'm going to be honest, a great render always makes me biased toward workers. I'm also a big fan of monsters. Guys with high menace are easy to get over and very believable threats.

I agree that monsters are easy to push. The problem that I have with monsters tho is that they are hard to right a story for. Monsters tend to have poor mic skills so all they really can do is look scary. The other guy/girl usually has to carry the feud.

Also theres only so many ways you can go in a monster with no mic skills vs. other wrestler fued. Know what I mean?

It really all depends on the promotion and you entirely. Now I think it's obvious that you won't want to push a poor worker, unless he's a big guy which you can get over by using menacing angles and teaming up with an established much better workers(guys like T-Rex, Rocky Golden). Personally, I perfer guys who are vestile, someone who is an all around worker. But that's just me.

The way I chose on who gets a push is like this. I look at their stats from the beginning. Let's say someone like Troy Tornado. Tornado's a good all around worker plus he's good on the mic so I always push him(he's one of my favorites).

It's hard for me to put it in words but I bet some of the great writers on this board will probably explain. But bacisally, focus on skill and potenial.

So many factors can come into play on this that its not really possible to give a concise answer. Talent matters, but its not always the primary factor. Finding the "right character" for a worker certainly helps. It can be as simple as having pushed Worker A in another game, so this time, I'll push Worker B, just for something different. Occassionally its just the challenge of getting a given worker over, or developing their skillset.

I find variety is key to making games interesting, even when you might be using the same promotion as a previous game...

For myself there are a bunch of factors some of them are:

Contract-If I am using Jack Avatar and he is the only worker on a written contract he is getting the push. If i am working with guys on written contracts the time left is a big thing. There is a big difference signing a guy who is 90-100 over vs 60-70.

Availability-does the worker work another promotion and I am not his top priority?

Loyalty-Another factor is if a guy becomes loyal to me then he is getting pushed.

talent-Look at the guys listed on show stoppers/ring generals.

* if a guy is ever listed under next big things? I may not push him right away if he is too young but i will be using him every show possible and when his respect is high enough i will start putting him over.

I run my promotion with spots in mind. There are times to depush guys two factors are their contracts and if they are in terminal decline/semi active/or leaving the buisness or promotion. Look at the next guys "inline".

Ratings who delievers the best matches? who is the best on the mic? Who is the most menacing? Does a guy have great star power/charisma?

Is the worker a locker room leader?

There are lots of different factors some have gameplay reasons to push. I am a fan of Stretch the Chicken Boy doesn't mean the gameplay wise it is a good idea to push him but i still do it.

For me, it boils down to one simple question: "Is there something about this guy that I can work with?"

It could be wrestling talent, entertainment skills or (most usually) an interesting character. Tag Teams are also a plus- I have a big thing about tag team wrestling, and any experienced team is going to benefit from my booking.

Also, I never, ever push monsters. Don't like 'em- they can't wrestle as a rule, and all the menace in the world isn't going to make up for low quality matches.

I agree that monsters are easy to push. The problem that I have with monsters tho is that they are hard to right a story for. Monsters tend to have poor mic skills so all they really can do is look scary. The other guy/girl usually has to carry the feud.

Also theres only so many ways you can go in a monster with no mic skills vs. other wrestler fued. Know what I mean?

Put the monster in with a good stable or with a good manager. I've had Marat Khoklov rated on his menace in multiple angles per show with The New Supremacists (Eric Eisen, Emma Chase, Brandon James, Marc DuBois and Frederique Antonio Garcia) and since those workers are entangle with Jack Bruce, Rich Money, Christian Faith and Joe Sexy he's been a in so many angles with great entertainers his skills have grown two grades in three months. If he's got the potential for it He'll have C+'s across the board by the end of the year and god knows what by two years.

Got to have a good gimmick/character to get a push in my fed. Even somewhere like TCW or CZCW that's reasonably reliant on performance, you'd still have to have a character I can get behind and write things for, even in a non-diary game. Many times I've pushed less talented workers over talented ones because the less talented ones had more character. Nomad and the Rock City Stars are great examples. As, more recently, are Los Destructores.

Archived