What's the difference between running "small", "medium", etc sized events? I'm currently a small promotion and have been running small events, but it says I can run up to medium... what are the advantages (and disadvantages) of running a medium sized event compared to a small one?

What's the difference between running "small", "medium", etc sized events? I'm currently a small promotion and have been running small events, but it says I can run up to medium... what are the advantages (and disadvantages) of running a medium sized event compared to a small one?

The medium-sized event will allow more people to come to your event because it's being billed as a "bigger than usual" event. The overall costs of producing the show will be more expensive as well. I can't give you an exact number, but you'd see an increase in expenses.

Will there be any increase in the promotion's popularity gain for holding a bigger event, or will that popularity increase the same regardless of the event size?

I believe its the same regardless of size (the exception being PPVs, of course).

I'd try bumping it up to Medium for a month, and seeing how your finances compare to that from the months where you ran Small shows. More often than not, you'll make more money by running Medium shows as the larger audience is well worth the expenses for getting them there. Not always, but often enough that you should look in to it.

Also, I just noticed this today, because I've never really messed around with sizes, as I usually have a PPV deal, but if you do a Medium sized event, the length automaticly becomes 1 hr 30mins, if you have anything shorter than that.

So if you run 1 hour shows, and don't want an extra 30 minutes, then don't bump up to Medium, cause trying to fill an extra 30 minutes may end up costing more in PPA deals than the extra ticket sales.

Also, I just noticed this today, because I've never really messed around with sizes, as I usually have a PPV deal, but if you do a Medium sized event, the length automaticly becomes 1 hr 30mins, if you have anything shorter than that.

So if you run 1 hour shows, and don't want an extra 30 minutes, then don't bump up to Medium, cause trying to fill an extra 30 minutes may end up costing more in PPA deals than the extra ticket sales.

Indeed. Which is why when expanding into those regions outside of your home territory it's important to run Small Events until you notice your expected attendance is higher than usual. Having to pay for more workers isn't such a bad thing if you can outweigh that with more attendance revenue (which the Medium-sized event will bring in).

Archived