Having trouble with promotion

Okay, so I've been having some issues with my promotion lately. It's extremely difficult for me to get a gimmick rating to debut higher than a C+ (and that's very rare to get as it is) and any time I use the "Flash Pin" finish, the match rating is always much lower with a note about booking decision. If anyone has any advice on how to fix these issues, I'd love to hear them. Below is my product:

Face\Heel Divide: Medium

Traditional: Low

Mainstream: Key Feature

Comedy: Medium

Cult: Low

Risque: Medium

Modern: Low

Realism: None

Hyper Realism: None

Hardcore: Low

Lucha Libre: None

Pure: None

Daredevil: Very Low

Below your product settings, there should be a list of things that will explain what fans will expect of your product. It will say if fans will like or not like risky gimmicks, or if they'll expect subtle gimmicks or not. Most likely, you're using gimmicks that aren't working with your product. If fans don't like risk, use a gimmick with a low risk rating. If they don't like gimmicks to be simple, give them one with a low subtlety rating.

Better yet, what size promotion are you and what kind of workers are you pushing?

If you've got people with poor entertainment skills, you often need to help them out by putting them in an angle with an awesome person to help improve their debut gimmick rating.

As for the flash pin, I think that's by design as it makes the match "gimmicky". Worker A is dominating, dominating, dominating, and then suddenly Worker B just up and wins?

Not something you want for your Main Event as it will piss off the fans expecting to see an actual match.

I don't see anything glaring with your product setting, looks like pretty standard SE stuff.

Also, while it says that the fans won't like risky gimmicks and won't get subtle ones, they still might want the gimmicks to be a little risky/subtle. I believe you will see improved gimmick ratings if you create a few gimmicks with risk/subtlety in the 25-35 range.

In my SWF game I had to set Cult, Modern, Pure and Realism all to none before I could get rid of the silly C+ cap. Try doing the same.

That shouldn't be necessary. Although I too have seen some inconsistency with gimmicks, a lot of them have rated 80+ with the default SWF product as well as a slightly modified product with Risque decreased by one level.

I dont think the C+ gimmick cap would be a problem if it was a minor positive effect rather than a minor negative effect. As a negative it draws attention in the dirt sheet. the cap should be propped up a few notches and it would no longer be a thorn in people's sides.

If you drop the settings too far it will affect your popularity, which is why I edited instead.

This is just a guess, but I'd figure that a flash pinfall is probably getting a penalty because it's a terrible ending. Everyone hates a roll-up, with very very few exceptions. It just gives faces a form of tainted ending, at the expense of a "logical" finish.

Archived