Why do you play TEW,EWR,etc,etc

I was thinking of this when I was reading someone post so my question to you is:

Why do you play TEW,EWR,etc,etc.

To replay history, to just waste time, etc,etc.

The modding is fun, and I have downloaded people's mods just to see what happens in them (let the AI do everything by just simming it for years).

It's fun to have a game that tries to realistically give you the tools to create your own historical battle's, your own feuds, your dream match's, etc... Especially if you play something like WOTI.

It's also fun to just get in there and play something that feels as if you might be able to do it for real (meaning actually write, book, and generally control a wrestling organisation).

For the longest time I played EWR and the reason I played it was because quite frankly I was sick of what the WWE was doing. I started playing the game so I could do things differently. I even got an updated scenario (Mods in the GDS world) with a newer wwe roster etc. I made the plunge and purchased TEW 2008 when it came out I made the purchase because my friend did and after he did I wanted to as well. I had EWR on my computer when I was still playing TEW 08 and when I realised that I never touched it after starting to play TEW I got rid of it. I bought TEW 08 and 10 and will continue to buy the TEW games until the end of time because there is just so much that you can do in the game and it never gets old to me.

I got into EWR the moment I learned of its existence and made the switch to TEW once TEW 2004 came out and went on to purchase every game in the series that followed. I play it because it gives me my wrestling fix and to have a creative outlet. Since I no longer watch actual wrestling on TV since a few years (lack of time, lack of interest etc) it's the one and only thing that still connects me to wresling and if it wasn't for this website and the real life mods, I'd be totally out of the loop. As it is, I am only 50% out of the loop. W00t!

Iam a shrink if any of you need help or want to talk:p

I play cause i love wrestling (not as much as before,real life wise) love the various mods in here specially WOTI and love the re playability of TEW and things you can do in game.

TEW 10 is by far the best in the series and i have them all cept for 04

Before i found TEW i had played promotion wars,that lasted about 2 weeks maybe less. Thank god for Adam and TEW

I AM German .. gotta catch up, Comradebot :D ... on a more serious sidenote and erm THREAD DERAIL, why are you learning it? Pure interest, job, uni?

Mainly interest, to the point its now my Minor (at uni, as yall put it). It's not particularly practical here in Texas, but my original major called for a second language and German seemed like the most interesting one they offered here. It's not required of me anymore, but I have enough fun with it that I've decided to stick it out and see what I can do.

In my second semester, but would still probably label myself as "basic" in TEW terms. I can do more than count and ask where to get cheese, but I'm still a ways off from being able to stumble through something resembling a real conversation.

Next summer they offer a four week course in Switzerland that'll count as credit for both German 3 and 4... might go for it if I can get a scholarship. It'd save me time, and the immersion environment would be a huge aid in my learning. But, I'm poor... so... yeah.

Weird coincidence, I'm also learning German at the mo. My little brother's got a job over there once he graduates, so I thought I'd help him out by learning the language alongside him (also, German chicks) I'm currently at the stage where I can count, ask "do you come here often?" and looking incredibly pleased at myself when I correctly tell time. I don't know if that's good for 2 weeks of book learnin', but I choose to believe I'm some kind of prodigy.

Weird coincidence, I'm also learning German at the mo. My little brother's got a job over there once he graduates, so I thought I'd help him out by learning the language alongside him (also, German chicks) I'm currently at the stage where I can count, ask "do you come here often?" and looking incredibly pleased at myself when I correctly tell time. I don't know if that's good for 2 weeks of book learnin', but I choose to believe I'm some kind of prodigy.

That's not too bad for a few weeks... I think, lol. I'm about on par with English in regards to numbers. It's tricky at first since, once you get to twenty (zwanzig), then everything seems "backwards" from how it is in English. I found just randomly counting to myself in my head (or out loud when no one is around) every now and then is enough practice.

I did German at school, after 2 years of tuition in it and 15 years in between then and now i'm back at about the same level as you are now Self lol

Back on topic, I started playing TEW as a kind of replacement for doing it for real. I ran a local promotion for 4 years before things fell apart and not having the creative outlet was driving me mental so when I read about TEW on a wrestling forum I use I downloaded TEW2005 straight away and was instantly hooked. Recently finally upgraded to 2010, even though I've been working on mods for it longer than I've owned the full version :rolleyes:

Archived