Massive pop changes for main eventer beating opener?

I have just had a match where Acid (popularity 66 across US, 64 across Canada) defeated a regenerated opener (27 across US, 36 across Canada).

Acid won the match (9 minutes, Victor and Decisive the only road agent notes, which rated 81 thanks to great chemistry).

Immediately after the match, Acid now has pop 74 across the US and 72 across Canada.

Even more ridiculous, the opener is now pop 20 and 30 - 7 and 6 point drops!

I have seen some big popularity changes off one match, but surely this is far too much. Anyone seen anything like this?

What gimmicks are they using? Some gimmicks have bigger popularity/momentum changes for wins/losses, and some lose more pop for losing to certain gimmicks, etc.

EDIT: This is copy+paste from my post in small questions thread.

Brute Used for characters who use their size and strength to destroy.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick get greater bonuses when booked to look dominant, but get higher penalties when losing to Comedy or Gimmicky gimmick types.

****y Used for overly-confident or arrogant characters.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick will find that wins and losses have a greater impact on popularity and momentum changes than normal.

Comedy Used for laughs or comic relief.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick take less damage to their popularity from losses, but will be penalised when used in an upper midcard or main event role in promotions that do not have a heavily comedic product.

Cool Used for laid-back \ confident characters.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick will find that wins and losses have a greater impact on popularity and momentum changes than normal.

Gimmicky Used for characters who are unrealistic, not grounded in reality, or fantasy-based.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick get greater penalties when losing to Legitimate or Realistic gimmicks, get greater penalties when over-exposed in lengthy matches or angles, but gain momentum faster normal.

Legitimate Used to portray genuine fighters \ athletes.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick get greater bonuses when booked to look dominant, but get higher penalties when losing to Comedy or Gimmicky gimmick types.

Realistic Used for characters who are grounded in reality and act like normal people would.

Special attributes: Workers using this gimmick get higher penalties when losing to Comedy or Gimmicky gimmick types.

Those would be the gimmicks have special rules in regards to type, copy + paste from the help file. Gimmick types not listed don't seem to have any special rules.

Cool for Acid, Weird for the opener.

Even with the boost for Cool, that's a massive leap for beating such a lowly worker, and Weird should not have any impact.

Not that wierd for the opener - he was just in a great match that no-one would really expect out of him. Anyone with popularity 20 to be in a match rated 81 is going to see their populrity go up, even if they lose.

The two biggest effects on popularity coming out of matches is result and rating (although as shown there are others that have an effect, such as gimmicks, title prestige etc). Losing a great match can be better than winning a rubbish match.

Not that wierd for the opener - he was just in a great match that no-one would really expect out of him. Anyone with popularity 20 to be in a match rated 81 is going to see their populrity go up, even if they lose.

The two biggest effects on popularity coming out of matches is result and rating (although as shown there are others that have an effect, such as gimmicks, title prestige etc). Losing a great match can be better than winning a rubbish match.

No, it's the other way around. The opener's pop went DOWN by 6 and 7. I'd agree with you, which is why it seems so wrong.

My guess is: the decisive note did that.

Have no experience with it, because I nearly never use it. That's why I usually get the standard result, what here would be pop increase for the opener.

In my experience, the decisive note shouldn't be the culprit. I use it nearly all the time and haven't seen such a thing.

Isn't the limit for an opener something like 7-8 minutes? Maybe the drop is from being used too much?

That's probably it. He got over exposed. Also was it a début of his gimmick? As it could have failed and maybe you have a vocal crowd and they crapped on his skill?

Archived