I don't have a name for the promotion, but I'm starting a promotion and its motto is going to be "sex, blood, and rock n roll". The problem is, I'm horrible with the product set up. I'm hoping I can give a description of what I'm looking for and you guys can help me out a bit.

Popularity and performance rated equally

sex sells big time

violent, but also lends well to high fliers and technicians.

There's going to be a women's division, but its going to be eye candy with talent(Mickie James, Tara etc)

At least some way to make money off sponsors since I know this kind of product doesn't really lend well to money making.

I'm thinking maybe 70% match/angle ratio so that story lines can be used.

It's going to be a controversy machine, but supposed to be loved by the underground and attracts metal, rockstars, goth etc bands to it.

The "founder" of the company is a rock star that fell from grace and is using the last of his money to start the upstart company if that matters at all.

What type of fliers are we talking about is this going to be about fast paced action or about incredible high spots. I guess either way you could start with this as a base. Also sponsorship money is always gonna be difficult for this you want sex and violence which is anathema to sponsors and its one of the things the things both ways.

I'd try something like this

Key: Cult

Heavy: Risque and Hardcore

Medium: Modern and Darevil

Low: Pure

Should allow for all types of fliers, regular wrestlers, hardcore brawls and fsat paced technicians.

I'd try something like this

Key: Cult

Heavy: Risque and Hardcore

Medium: Modern and Darevil

Low: Pure

Should allow for all types of fliers, regular wrestlers, hardcore brawls and fsat paced technicians.

Close. I'd say something like this:

Key: Cult, Risque

Heavy: Hardcore, Modern

Medium: Lucha, Daredevil, Traditional

Low: Mainstream

Now, lemme explain the method to the above madness.

Mainstream is in there since it doesn't affect the product enough (at Low) to skew it in undesired directions but it DOES help offset the sponsorship stigma. Even if it's not visible in the text, it does have an effect. You can test this by cloning a savegame with Mainstream at 'None', then sim to the end of the month. In the cloned save, set Mainstream to 'Low' then do the exact same thing. Your sponsorship amounts will be different (if only a little. But as we know, it all adds up over time). The same for Traditional to an extent except Traditional adds a bit of 'ol' skool flava' to the product.

Cult and Risque are gimmes. I don't think Risque at 'Heavy' is representative enough of a 'controversy machine' type promotion. But that one's a 'season to taste' kinda thing. Heavy or Key, it's all up to you.

Close. I'd say something like this:

Key: Cult, Risque

Heavy: Hardcore, Modern

Medium: Lucha, Daredevil, Traditional

Low: Mainstream

Now, lemme explain the method to the above madness.

Mainstream is in there since it doesn't affect the product enough (at Low) to skew it in undesired directions but it DOES help offset the sponsorship stigma. Even if it's not visible in the text, it does have an effect. You can test this by cloning a savegame with Mainstream at 'None', then sim to the end of the month. In the cloned save, set Mainstream to 'Low' then do the exact same thing. Your sponsorship amounts will be different (if only a little. But as we know, it all adds up over time). The same for Traditional to an extent except Traditional adds a bit of 'ol' skool flava' to the product.

Cult and Risque are gimmes. I don't think Risque at 'Heavy' is representative enough of a 'controversy machine' type promotion. But that one's a 'season to taste' kinda thing. Heavy or Key, it's all up to you.

I'll give that a shot too. Thanks Remi

Archived