Has anyone taken a 0/0/0 fed to a World wide company

I'm at regional with mine right now in February of 2013. Pop of 40 in my home region. Haven't had any shows outside of home yet. 1 show per month for 3 years has actually given me a pretty good growth in pop. Money wise I'm still struggling as my worker wages per show are like 25k :p So I am making between 3 and 8k a month in profits. Cult will have to wait for quite a while at this rate.

You can. There's nothing specific about a region that says you have to tour vs. go regular. You can tour outside of Japan as well.

The reason why japan is easier:

1) Touring contracts come and go. Most of your guys will only be temp. stolen to go on tours (where they will gain massive amounts of popularity and skills) and then the market floods with all sorts of free agents.

2) Lots of highly talented rookies willing to work for peanuts

3) Loyalty system. Grab a great young 'un and he's yours for life (or just about)

Is it beneficial to run a touring promotion over in Japan and not here? If so how come? Any ideas?

In the real world or in game terms. In game terms running a touring promotion will usually get it over faster than a non-touring promotion. I've turned CZCW a touring promotion in one game and they've grown much faster than I've grown them as a regular schedule promotion.

In the real world or in game terms. In game terms running a touring promotion will usually get it over faster than a non-touring promotion. I've turned CZCW a touring promotion in one game and they've grown much faster than I've grown them as a regular schedule promotion.

I guess both. In game it boosts popularity quicker? That's interesting.

I guess both. In game it boosts popularity quicker? That's interesting.

Well, you run multiple shows a month without a TV deal (and, in total, sometimes more shows a year than even companies with a weekly TV deal), and (for whatever reason), your expenses tend to be lower. I've seen touring companies hit Cult with only a C- in their best region and not suffer money issues (which I think is BS, because it's a HUGE advantage over non-touring companies).

I saw California Pro Wrestling in CVerse 1977 hit Cult like that and thought "well, they're screwed".

Nope. They kept making money regardless of holding shows in places with D popularity (with their most over region a C-). I mean, I get part of the logic... they're holding shows consistently across the entire country. But at the same time, maybe they should still hold more shows in one region than the rest to build themselves up their quicker. But hey, what do I know.

C0NTR4l34ND

It is very possible to take out the #1 company. The most important thing is to know your product and know your roster.

I bring in guys with the best performance stats (espcially pysch) and work on training guys up even though my product is popularity>performance.

Look for chemistry.

Get good gimmicks.

Build charisma.

Even if your wrestlers are not the best with + in the dirt sheet for gimmicks, charisma and you find chemistry its enough.

• 4 months later...

Bumpity bump.

I'm looking at starting a touring fed in CVerse America with a 3 on, 1 off schedule.

A couple of questions before I get started:

1. How many shows should I be looking to run each week? I'm assuming starting with one, and then increase to three as the company grows.

2. Should I stick to my home region at first, or begin touring immediately to avoid burnout?

Bumpity bump.

I'm looking at starting a touring fed in CVerse America with a 3 on, 1 off schedule.

A couple of questions before I get started:

1. How many shows should I be looking to run each week? I'm assuming starting with one, and then increase to three as the company grows.

2. Should I stick to my home region at first, or begin touring immediately to avoid burnout?

Unless you are favorable to sponsors even one a week will kill you as a 0/0/0/0 promotion. I would suggest to start 2 on 2 off with one show a week. And make sure Jan and Feb are your months off so you build a nest egg from which to start your first tour so you don't go bankrupt. After one year as your pop increases you may be able to go with a three on one off schedule.

As a personal note I like to have the first show of a tour be a monthly event to set the tone and the last show of a tour be a monthly event to end the tour with a bang. Which means if I were running a three on one off touring schedule my second month wouldn't have a monthly show.

As for where to hold it it works out the same way, cult misc costs will kill you if you don't have the nest egg to handle it. So I would stick to home region and only expand once you have a huge chunk in the bank.

International, in 11 years. Saw a logo that I think Kamchatka made (Women of Mass Destruction) and used that one in a revamped (read: updated/corrected) "Wrestling in a Recession" mod I ported from 07 or 08.

It sucked though. Who the hell starts a business with no money?

Archived