The LANGUAGE BARRIER

Is there any way to have a worker who can't speak the proper language participate in angles without dragging them down? I gave Ultimo Dragon a manager and paired him with Masahiro Chono, but even in angles where he is theoretically unrated, the angle does quite poorly, and I get a note about language barriers. I've pushed them to my tag titles, so I CAN get them over with just matches probably, but it'd be so much easier to write a good story if I didn't have to make excuses for only having half of the tag team participate in angles.

He'll acquire the language via backstage interaction with other workers as well. That's why it's important to have workers who speak multiple languages if you plan to bring in workers who are of different nationalities. When I started grabbing workers from Japan (who only spoke Japanese) I had to also grab a few older Japanese non-active workers (road agents, personalities) who could speak Japanese / English. It helps them learn the language faster because they have a "support system" of other workers to help them out if need be.

The more workers on your roster who speak English and Japanese - the quicker you'll see Dragon pick up on English.

He'll acquire the language via backstage interaction with other workers as well. That's why it's important to have workers who speak multiple languages if you plan to bring in workers who are of different nationalities. When I started grabbing workers from Japan (who only spoke Japanese) I had to also grab a few older Japanese non-active workers (road agents, personalities) who could speak Japanese / English. It helps them learn the language faster because they have a "support system" of other workers to help them out if need be.

The more workers on your roster who speak English and Japanese - the quicker you'll see Dragon pick up on English.

I just downloaded your CV Chaos mod. Made myself a National Company.

Most people I signed that couldn't speak English, I sent to development. The only ones I left on my roster were jobbers so wouldn't be in angles anyways.

The only problem I have with the language barrier thing was.... it got down rated for language barrier during an assault angle. Why would the crowd be confused and need to over-come a language barrier in a basic backstage beatdown? :confused:

I've noticed that being "not rated" can cause the language barrier penalty (along with them being rated on entertainment/microphone, of course).

So... don't abuse the Not Ratedness, and you'll be good. :p Being rated on Sex Appeal, Menace, or Overness does not incur the wrath of the penatly.

Archived