Fallout: New Vegas

Comradebot

I think it should have it's own thread, due to awesomeness (bugs aside).

After spending a couple hours in character creation trying to find "the" look for my guy, I ended up trying to make him a clone of the delightful Terry Lambert of 70s CVerse fame. Naturally, it looked perfect in the editor and then only correct at certain angles in game... other times he kinda looks like just some generic douche.

That said, loving this game (not shocked, since I loved Fallout 3). Hardcore mode has been quite the nifty new little challenge, as is the fact you can no longer go "LOL, stimpacks" as a means of beating every single battle.

Still just scratching the surface of it, but I'm in love. But really, I need some sunglasses for Not Terry Lambert. Those are needed to complete his look.

I was all set to gamefly it the first day it came out but I've been enjoying Mafia 2 alot more than I thought I would so I've just kept that. I was really excited for New Vegas but all the talk of bugs in reviews has me worried, its probably just people over whining but hopefully by the time I get it there's at least one patch out.

Really enjoyable, although I can't help occassionally crapping myself when something jumps out at me, or I have to go somewhere where I know every living thing wants to either shoot me, eat me or both.

How deep is this game out of interest (not wanting specifics) ? Are we talking as deep as Fallout3? Deeper?

loving it so far. Fallout is way ahead of its time, which sadly leads to crashes because the sheer size of the game. Side quests are plentiful and unlike FO3 seem just as difficult as main quest lines. In fact, the main quest seems quiet easy thus far.

Also I love how much more open this NV seems thus far. I mean, a lot of missions overlap each other and technically its next to impossible to get every quest done (well it very much is actually).

I mean, I killed Benny and disabled Mr. House... or I could of let them both live and see how the game worked, or killed one and not the other... or whatever! Crazy good. Weeks and weeks of play time here.

First off:

WATCH THE SPOILERS

Mr. Canada... :mad:

Secondly...

I LOVE the soundtrack to this game. Marty Robbins's "Big Iron" is one of the finest pieces of music to ever find its way into a videogame. Course, I'm a sucker for old Western style music (NOT to be confused the "country" crap that is made these days), but still... it's magnificent. Glorious. Got a huge kick out of wandering the road at night with "Let's Ride Into The Sunset Together" playing. Made my spine tingle.

First off:

WATCH THE SPOILERS

Mr. Canada... :mad:

Secondly...

I LOVE the soundtrack to this game. Marty Robbins's "Big Iron" is one of the finest pieces of music to ever find its way into a videogame. Course, I'm a sucker for old Western style music (NOT to be confused the "country" crap that is made these days), but still... it's magnificent. Glorious. Got a huge kick out of wandering the road at night with "Let's Ride Into The Sunset Together" playing. Made my spine tingle.

You travel at night? :eek: Risky business :p

You travel at night? :eek: Risky business :p

Not so much anymore... had an incident where I got jumped by some Legion... and then more Legion... and then a pack of Nightstalkers. Long story short, I died painfully.

So, unless absolutely neccessary, I've stopped traveling at night. Too dangerous. Thankfully, there's almost always a town nearby.

Really enjoying the game so far, despite a couple of odd bugs. For example, when I was clearing out the powder gangers hotel in Primm, I ran into 2 powder gangers that were half in the floor (that is, they were like torsos bouncing on the floor shooting rifles at me... made me lol, until the vats system couldn't make sense of them and froze my game :mad:).

Still though, rather enjoying the side quests and slowly making my way through the game. Absolutely loving hardcore mode too :)

Really enjoying the game so far, despite a couple of odd bugs. For example, when I was clearing out the powder gangers hotel in Primm, I ran into 2 powder gangers that were half in the floor (that is, they were like torsos bouncing on the floor shooting rifles at me... made me lol, until the vats system couldn't make sense of them and froze my game :mad:).

Still though, rather enjoying the side quests and slowly making my way through the game. Absolutely loving hardcore mode too :)

YES.

To me, it's how Fallout was MEANT to be played. Heck, it's similar to the challenge I gave myself in Fallout 3 (limited myself to only carrying so many stimpacks around, mainly using food/drink to stay alive, ect).

It adds a wonderful depth to the game. That said, it also makes getting addicted to Hydra all to easy. But the risk of that beats walking around with a limp, unable to hit crap in VATS because of a gimpy arm, and the screen constantly going into concussion mode.

Which happened to me, because I didn't have any Hydra or doctor's bags. Was quite the rough walk back to Novac (which is, hands down, my favorite town in the game so far.)

not playing it at the moment, is Novac the one with the big Dinosaur building, also liked that town and the Boone quest

haven't been to New Vegas yet, its weird seems like this Fallout world is huge compared to the last game, which for some reason i couldn't get into

after playing Fallout 2 until my eyes bled, something just didn't feel the same, but New Vegas seems to have pulled me back in

not playing it at the moment, is Novac the one with the big Dinosaur building, also liked that town and the Boone quest

haven't been to New Vegas yet, its weird seems like this Fallout world is huge compared to the last game, which for some reason i couldn't get into

after playing Fallout 2 until my eyes bled, something just didn't feel the same, but New Vegas seems to have pulled me back in

Yup, that's the one. Probably part of the reason I liked it is the giant dinosaur. I have aims of buying all 1000 dinosaur toys for sell and, once I have a decent place to live, putting them all in there. Probably end up killing my game.... :D

Archived