Brock Lesnar/Undertaker Confrontation

The Celt

"You wanna do it?" and four seconds of staring has launched the wrestling community into a massive, massive buzz.

This video:

has already notched by 150,000 views in less than a day showing Lesnar and Undertaker having what some call a confrontation post show at UFC121. People are going nuts at the idea that Lesnar might be considering a return to the WWE to face Undertaker at WM27.

Could it be possible? Is it even realistic to suggest this considering it was on the same night Lesnar lost his UFC title? Regardless people are loudly suggesting the confrontation is a work and that is the beginning of some epic.

GDS forum thoughts?

I read the interview earlier but that is the first time I saw the video. Looks to me like Brock was surprised to see him there as he was leaving (unless of course he saw him earlier) and Brock clearly stops and says something to Taker first leading to Taker's response to which Brock has a few seconds to say something else then walk away. Reason I also think Brock said something is how respectufl and Taker was speaking of Brock, if he didn't like him why praise him? To be politically correct? It's not exaclty he was giving an interview to run for governor, he could have just said Brock is big but he thought Cain would win (aka I don't like Brock)

I'm not into wrestling anymore but I never heard of any serious bad blood between them and usually there is all sorts of rumors in the wrestling world. If it has more to do with Taker upset with Lesnar leaving WWE, sure he may be mad but to trash talk each other in public 5+ years later? I guess if that is the reason they must have realy realy had harsh words between each other. However if that was it why would taker hide it saying its "personal", I guess just being nice and politically correct instead of being honest with I didn't like how he left the 'E? Does this mean he would speak that way to The Rock if he saw him on a red carpet? Anyone know if Taker and Marc Mero friends?

I've searched the rumor mill as I'm sure most of you are to and one rumor is WWE made a big money offer for Brock for this WM, now that sounds ridiculous (and I don't really buy it) but here are a couple interesting things, 1) Brock said after this fight he wanted to spend time on other things (he listed maybe profeessional hunting among others) 2) Dana said he has been fighting with Brock over stuff for the past month and a half but didn't go into details. 3) Its possible Taker was there talking with him and Heyman before the fight/over the weekend 4) Finally Taker didn't say "Lets do it" or "Lets go" he said do you want to do it as in an offer, meaning maybe it wasn't trash talk at all which is why he brushed it off as personal not wanting to give away a big rumor "oh yea Arielle since you asked we were talking about WM!", I don't really buy into this and take it as more of a minor trash talk segment but I am bored and work and chose to analyze :)

To Hype up the fishy conspiracy, why was Ariel interviewing Taker that night? Just because of Brock being a former pro wrestler? Taker has been at other UFC events as well so isn't something new. Is Taker a good interview? Yes, I agree with that so next part... why was he interviewing him in the crowd right after the event and why did Taker allow it? Most of Ariel's interviews I have seen are backstage and catching people before they leave. So from both of their stand points its kinda fishy, was Ariel like "Hey as soon as this match is over can I interview you?" Yes that is possible still just a little odd that they would do it right then and there after the match and event are over since its not even like its a co-main event. Then of course you throw in that Taker is front row (not second or third, Wanderlei was thrid row at UFC 120 behind Couture), right in Brock's exit path apparentley looking at him the whole time, and the interview and camera are rolling right at the same time. While it is all coincidental, it boils down to a big one.

As I said I don't believe its a conspiracy, just thought I would be the one to bring the gasoline and fuel the fire :)

Seeing Undertaker out of character and at a loss for words was interesting. It felt a little workish to me, at least his delivery of the 'personal' stuff, but... Meh. Although I'd like to see Brock have another wrestling match, Undertaker isn't who I'd pick, and I'd rather see Brock stick refocus and return to the Octagon to kick ass. Kill Mir again. That's always fun.

I hope they don't have mir vs lesner two million *yes yes i know i know*. I think brock should stick to mma. Maybe a apperence at mania or something like that but not a fight. I don't see white letting him get in the wrestling ring to be honest.

Brock made roughly 5 million last year in the UFC. The entire reason he left the WWE is because the travel was hell on him and he enjoys staying at home with his family.

I really can't imagine the WWE paying Brock more than five million a year, plus giving him a relaxed enough schedule that it would make it worth it.

Brock is a way bigger celebrity now than he ever was in the WWE.

The UFC Champion is the new Mike Tyson, Ali, etc. you're a super star on a level that not even John Cena is.

I really don't see Brock coming back, I really don't see this being a work, and I really don't even know how you would make this into an interesting wrestling angle.

I don't know if it was a work or not but wow...

Watching 'The Undertaker' speak out-of-character, and as himself, really through me for a loop. ha. Honestly, I found myself completely floored the entire time he was speaking as I wasn't expecting such an emotive kind of guy behind it all. He's played the same character for so long that I forgot he is actually a human being. haha.

Brock made roughly 5 million last year in the UFC. The entire reason he left the WWE is because the travel was hell on him and he enjoys staying at home with his family.

I really can't imagine the WWE paying Brock more than five million a year, plus giving him a relaxed enough schedule that it would make it worth it.

Brock is a way bigger celebrity now than he ever was in the WWE.

The UFC Champion is the new Mike Tyson, Ali, etc. you're a super star on a level that not even John Cena is.

I really don't see Brock coming back, I really don't see this being a work, and I really don't even know how you would make this into an interesting wrestling angle.

True but that's only if he goes back full time, which I doubt will happen. Apparently there's an atleast million dollar offer on the table. I mean if he's being offered 1-3 million for one real match (with maybe a month or so of hype appearences), I'd be shocked if he didnt take it.

His UFC contract prevents him from working with World Wrestling Entertainment so depending on when his UFC contract runs out we'll see.

He recently signed a four fight contract and he has three fights left on that contract. So unless Dana White let him work the show (which is not going to happen period) there is no way Brock Lesnar is fighting three more times in five months.

Meltzer is reporting there's an offer on the table for Lesnar, and I read a few reports earlier that WWE and Dana maybe talking about it already (WWE paying UFC alottt of $$$ to allow Lesnar to compete). I mean I dunno, i think it's very possible. I wouldn't be shocked if Brock does this right before/after his next bout, which apparently may be against Mir.

Thought of two things on the way home,

1) instead of a match it could just lead to a guest referee type thing, Vince paid Tyson $3 millionf or his deal, you don't think Brock could get that? There also may be some sort of loop hole in his contract if hes not actually competing. This is of course assuming Dana wouldn't know, if he did he could get some money and maybe open up cross promotion for at least one event. Brock in one corner, Mir/Cain/Dos Santos in the other?

2) we are all assuming it was a bad staredown, maybe he was just asking about an afterparty or some other simple question that appeared elevated due to the noise and crazy atmosphere? Afterall Brock clearly says something first before Taker speaks, maybe he said "Lets go f*** Cain up" and Taker's like "you wanna do it?" I dont know, but this theory is just trying to diffuse the negative assumption since its not like they were actually face to face trash talking and had to be pulled apart.

Not saying either is correct at all, just throwing my two cents in before bed that I thought of driving home.

I didn't think it was a work the first time I saw it, but watching it again, I kind of wonder. Granted, I'm probably overanalyzing things...but at the 22 second mark, Undertaker gets this paniced look on his face for a second and he looks around - and then from that point until Brock walks by, he's constantly looking in the direction that Brock comes from. To me, it definitely looked Undertaker had the "confrontation" planned. Does that mean it's a work? I don't know. Maybe it really is a personal thing between them and the WWE had nothing to do with it. Although I'm not sure they would let Undertaker be interviewed if they didn't want that to happen...remember, JR was supposedly editted out of their opening because he showed up at a UFC event. And even if the WWE told him to do that, that doesn't mean Brock was in on it too...and he'd have to be, for it to be leading to anything.

Will this lead to anything? I doubt it. But, crazier things have happened...WWE always pulls out all the stops for Wrestlemania.

And I still think it's funny that Undertaker keeps mentioning "Cain"(Kane) in that interview.

Dammit I don't want to have to watch WWE anymore. But this'd be one of the biggest matches ever.

I really fail to see the appeal in this match. What is different as far as in the WWE than the last time we had Brock vs. Taker.

Its tough to promote UFC guys because how are you supposed to convey their "real" fighters. I mean we've seen Brock in the WWE before, he was a former world champion, his creddentials were properly lauded so its not like this is a never before seen match up.

Also I really don't think you can have undead Undertaker vs. Brock, it wouldn't make any sense especially if this is a work. Here he is talking normal at the UFC event (which I'm shocked people were taken aback by him talking, you guys realize he was Biker Taker for like four years and all of his promos sounded like that).

So then what he's buried alive so he comes back as American Bad Ass Taker again JUST to fight Brock? With all this talk of him only having a part time schedule his current gimmick fits into that part time attraction slot well more than American Bad Ass TAker does.

All in all this is like the Matt Hardy /Edge feud or any other stupid shoot feud.

"I know everything is supposed to be real but this thing/person is REALLY real". Double the realness? It comes across as stupid and as others have said you're basically saying "all these guys are fake fighters but this guy was the champion of a REAL fighting organization."

Its not like this is boxing where you can say "he was a boxing champion, he's super deadly with his hands" no MMA is basically "real wrestling" everything you can do in MMA you can do in pro wrestling. In fact if you look at the two pro wrestling is WAY better from a "fighting" aspect. Nobody gets german suplexed from the top of the cage in MMA.

I just think it turns into a convolted mess and Dana has spoken out on the WWE a ton of times and how if these performers are serious about MMA then they can't do pro wrestling. He flat out told Angle as long as he's with TNA he won't ever get a chance with the UFC. Bobby Lashley had to quit in order to focus on MMA full time.

They pay Dana three to five million for Brock to fight Taker at Wrestlemania. Thats not worth the long term damage it does to Brock, Dana and the UFC. People are JUST now accepting Brock as the real deal and not some fake pro wrestler. If after this loss he "runs back to the WWE" even for a night it would cause tremendous backlash for Dana, the UFC and Brock.

I don't see this happening, I'm not sure what the deal was between the two and without understanding why Brock would walk past its almost impossible to say how genuine this was. Taker's "you wanna go" was clearly just a man being a bad ass in front of the camera and his wife. You see some dude come up to you with a bunch of security and a bloody face and he says some crap to you the last thing you're gonna do is ignore it. Thats your chance to look good on camera and in front of your girl.

Its a neat idea until you start trying to make sense on why its intereresting and what advantage anyone but the WWE would have out of this taking place. Its not best for Taker, its not best for Brock its not best for Dana or the UFC. Brock gets paid 3 million so he can lose a fake fight just like he's losing real fights? I doubt any amount of money is worth losing to a pro wrestler in a fake fight after getting your butt whipped for real on ppv.

I really don't think wwe expected brock to loose to be honest. If and that is a big IF this is all just a work and not just two guys talking a little smack then it would have been so much more impactfull if brock won. Imagin a ufc champion in a wwe ring? That would be impressive to be honest. I don't think white would do it to be honest though either. Taker can't loose at mania to a "special attraction" and brock can't loose and still look legit and there can't be a "screwey finish" because again both men would look weak. I could see lesner in a role of some kind but not wrestling.

2) we are all assuming it was a bad staredown, maybe he was just asking about an afterparty or some other simple question that appeared elevated due to the noise and crazy atmosphere? Afterall Brock clearly says something first before Taker speaks, maybe he said "Lets go f*** Cain up" and Taker's like "you wanna do it?" I dont know, but this theory is just trying to diffuse the negative assumption since its not like they were actually face to face trash talking and had to be pulled apart.

Not saying either is correct at all, just throwing my two cents in before bed that I thought of driving home.

Well I do know it wasn't along those lines, or else Taker would be weird to say "it's personal".

Only thing I could see coming from this is Brock sitting ringside at WrestleMania, or at the most being in a managerial role. Unfortunately, a good portion of the UFC fanbase(and talent themselves) don't see the WWE as nothing more than entertainment and a show above other things, so that even working one match would be seen as laughable and cataclysmic.

Would've been better if it was anyone else BUT Taker haha, like if it were Triple H I'm sure rumors and whispers would be swirling around a bit more. Even still at the prospect of Brock wrestling another match being unlikely.

Archived