Walking Dead Debut's

mike b

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to watch this and probably love it. However, I am wondering how they are going to sustain this over the course of multiple episodes or if it gets picked up for more than one season.
Word was that this only has 6 episodes in this series so they shouldn't have much of a problem.

They may well go like Shield, Son's Of Anarchy etc next year with a 13 episode season

I can't wait. I have it on DVR and have always wanted a zombie series especially by Frank Darabont is working with it which i like.

Now i hope they do a post-apocalypse genre, end of the world kind of stuff TV seriees (Postman, Fallout Games) and i'm set. They had Jericho but lasted two seasons.

was it faithful to the comic, or did it branch out a bit with its own ideas

really looking forward to seeing this series

From what I remember of the comic, it was fairly close. Maybe not dead on, as I'm sure they've added some depth that the comic wouldn't have, but I don't think they deviated a ton.

coolio, it wouldn't bother me if it deviated a lot, but to me the whole comic series was begging to be made into a series, hopefully the new content will make it even better

and i hope they stick to some of the more shocking scenes in the series, and deaths i wasn't expecting

I also managed a preview of it and was very very happy with what i seen.

Amc impressed me with not holding back on zombie look. Even some of the gun shots to the head left me wow. All i can say is Romero would be proud.

I will be watching it again Sunday.

I enjoyed it the show and very excited for the next episode.

Great start so far.

At least Rick Grimes is still alive in the tank and someone in the city knows he's there (the radio).

If only the dang radio with those survivors in the camper, tents had a workable radio to get in contact with him.

I'll agree, loved the debut. The banter between the cops at the beginning was just freakin' priceless. It's about time zombies get some proper attention on television. Freakin' vampires have been dominating the undead market for too long. With the exception of Trueblood and the Buffyverse, they all need to meet their ends at the hands of the Winchesters. I'm looking at you, guy who played Boone on Lost.

But yes, no way I intend to eat dinner while watching this.

Good news.

AMC Picks Up The Walking Dead for Second Season.

According to Empire via Fangoria, “The Walking Dead,” has been officially renewed for a second season and filming is set to start in February of next year. The first season which is scheduled to begin on October 31st (yep, Halloween), is only 6 episodes but the second will be a full 13.

That's the report that has since been refuted by both AMC and Frank Darabount. That said the show will probably be renewed (as it's Halloween Debut had a much higher rating than Mad Men or Breaking Bad did); it just hasn't happened yet.

coolio, it wouldn't bother me if it deviated a lot, but to me the whole comic series was begging to be made into a series, hopefully the new content will make it even better

and i hope they stick to some of the more shocking scenes in the series, and deaths i wasn't expecting

If I am not mistaken the creator of The Walking Dead (if not him someone else involved with the show) said their would be differences and just because someone lives or dies in the comic doesn't mean it will happen in the show. Which as a fan of the comic I am exited that it won't be 100% faithful as it gives a good chance for some shocks to the comic fans and for some of the charters I really liked could possibly last longer then they originally did. Plus I am hoping to see more of a specific character or 2 then we do in the comics.

Archived