A new E fed but a good one!

LordJaguar

You know, man, I like that you're trying to help your buddy out by getting him some notice outside his usual loop. Props to you on that. But this place is so new how are we to know it's any good?

Looks like he has a pretty reasonable structure there except for one thing. Length guidelines via a word range? That is so last century. By the fact he emphasizes that he wants folks over 16 for content reasons, it would appear he's going for folks with reasonably strong maturity levels and a decent level of experience. With those considerations in mind, having a formally defined word range shouldn't be necessary.

The only way top know its good is to take my word for it...I know that aint much here but I have ben e eding for over 12yrs. I ran my own fed for a year. The guy who runs the place, Mike Ventucci, has been in the e fed game since back in the days of e mail feds. He ran a place for 4yrs before taking a short break and now he's back with VGW. Feel free to pop in and talk to the owner or pm me if you need more info.

The only way top know its good is to take my word for it...I know that aint much here but I have ben e eding for over 12yrs. I ran my own fed for a year. The guy who runs the place, Mike Ventucci, has been in the e fed game since back in the days of e mail feds. He ran a place for 4yrs before taking a short break and now he's back with VGW. Feel free to pop in and talk to the owner or pm me if you need more info.

Sounds like you have some strong experience at the top. Definitely a good sign.

No offense but I don't think a thread in which one person (you) owns 67 percent of the posts in it and only one other person has even posted in deserves a bump. If people are going to check it out thats fine but its not like there was some vocal interest in this deserving of a bump.

Any fed that's run on proboards is not a good fed and doesn't deserve shilling.

::Shakes head::

Dude, I'm not exactly a big fan of running a fed via board on principle. But I've seen some decent ones run that way. I'd be more inclined to judge them for using the board at all than any particular board site.

There is no one definition but essentially somebody creates a promotion or "fed".

Then everyone "signs up" with a character and details, you know signature moves, entrance music, what your gear looks like etc.

Then you take these characters and whoever the booker/owner is throws them into feuds and you promo against each other one or two times within say a weeks time.

Sometimes its the quality of the promo that determines the winner, sometimes its storyline based and sometimes its a mixture.

It was a lot of fun like ten years ago but really people take these things serious talking about mergers and being an owner like they don't realize that those words mean nothing. Its the internet if two guys from WCW E Fed want to leave and start up their own WCW E Fed there is nothing preventing them from doing so. Thus rendering what your name is, mergers and brand indentity that people like to think comes along with an EFED completely useless. Not too mention the only people that CARE about an efed are those you know promoing in it.

Imagine a wrestling promotion where the only people that watch it are the guys involved in it.....I know most of you are imagining TNA right now after that description.

The problem with e-fedsis that there's too much goddamn roleplaying...

Here me out:

The most "fun" part of these things is submitting your RPs, seeing who wins, and reading the results to see how storylines progress.

but these things tend to attract people who really like to write and develop their characters...so the more sucessful players post LOOOOONG RPs (that really don't have anything to do with 'wrestling' in some cases

So to keep up, the guys writing the shows respond with longer and longer shows and eventually they get burned out/tired of writing and the time between show increases and eventually you lose momentum/interest.

Basically if your shows take too long to post, you lose the fed, even if your "workers" are incredibly talented

Just once I'd like someone to say "OK, post 1 RP per show, 200 word minimum, we'll do shows that are basically internet style recaps instead of PBP, and we can bang out a show of week no matter what"

an E-fed Lite so to speak.

You could have penalties for going over a page in length :D

Seriously, being able to say something concisely is key on the internet. If I wanted to read a novel, I'd pick up a novel.

I go to the internet to appease my 3-second attention span.

I think my diary suffers due to short attention spans lol

I see your point Peter and in this fed it is quality over quantity so length is nice but if it's not match relevant your wasting your time cuz it won't win you the match.

Not criticizing you at all..just pointing out that it'd be nice for a fed somewhere to understand that it's important to keep that momentum and not worry so much about people writing novels.

The Pride of Prague cries in anguish as the hot dog spills from his poppyseed bun, cartwheeling end over greasy end as it falls to the floor.

The Pride dives for the falling piece of processed meat but to no avail, his grey & white shoes slip on a patch of ketchup that was carelessly tossed at his feet by his archnemesis, Self-Man.

The hotdog bounces twice as it hits the floor, picking up the dirt and grime from the thousands of feet that had trod through that stadium hallway just moments ago.

The Pride of Prague just stares at the fallen piece of Americana meat, his lower jaw slightly open and quivering as his mind scrambles to process what had just happened.

Slowly, his features turn from surprise and confusion, to anger and hatred. His eyes narrow as he focuses on the ketchup packet at his feet, the source of his failure, the evidence of sabotage by his arch-nemesis.

Raising to his feet, he punches one fist in the air and cries with all of his might, his face turning red from exertion, from anger, from a promise made to the heavens.

"I WILL AVENGE YOU, FALLEN HOT DOG! I WILL GET MY REVENGE ON THE FOUL LITTERER THAT CAUSED ME TO DISCARD YOU INTO THE BACTERIAL OCEAN OF THE FLOOR.

HEAR ME, SELF-MAN! I AM COMING FOR YOU! I WILL DESTROY YOU FOR THIS OUTRAGE. THIS I promise! This I promise will happen...TONIGHT!

wait for it...

The Pride of Prague cries in anguish as the hot dog spills from his poppyseed bun, cartwheeling end over greasy end as it falls to the floor.

The Pride dives for the falling piece of processed meat but to no avail, his grey & white shoes slip on a patch of ketchup that was carelessly tossed at his feet by his archnemesis, Self-Man.

The hotdog bounces twice as it hits the floor, picking up the dirt and grime from the thousands of feet that had trod through that stadium hallway just moments ago.

The Pride of Prague just stares at the fallen piece of Americana meat, his lower jaw slightly open and quivering as his mind scrambles to process what had just happened.

Slowly, his features turn from surprise and confusion, to anger and hatred. His eyes narrow as he focuses on the ketchup packet at his feet, the source of his failure, the evidence of sabotage by his arch-nemesis.

Raising to his feet, he punches one fist in the air and cries with all of his might, his face turning red from exertion, from anger, from a promise made to the heavens.

"I WILL AVENGE YOU, FALLEN HOT DOG! I WILL GET MY REVENGE ON THE FOUL LITTERER THAT CAUSED ME TO DISCARD YOU INTO THE BACTERIAL OCEAN OF THE FLOOR.

HEAR ME, SELF-MAN! I AM COMING FOR YOU! I WILL DESTROY YOU FOR THIS OUTRAGE. THIS I promise! This I promise will happen...TONIGHT!

Not bad dude! Seriously I once rped about being pissed another wrestler ate the last jelly donut from the catering table.

Ketchup bottle in hand, Self-Man hides in a nearby alcove. He heard the furious cries of his eternal rival, but does not look afraid. Rather, he giggles with manic glee. His ploy has succeeded!

Ah, my old foe. You never quite see me coming, do you? You want revenge? You want to destroy me tonight? Good. Bring it on. I'll be waiting. You may be The Pride of Prague, but remember; Pride goeth before the fall. I'm gonna make you fall. Just like I did to your hot dog.

Bwa ha ha ha. Bwa ha ha ha. BWA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!

Archived