American Machine

So I have used him as a jobber. He is losing squash matches to all the SWF monsters (Vengeance, Runaway Train, Remo, Brandon James, Marat, and Everest). I even have him occasionally get jumped backstage by a crazy Marat. So after two months I noticed, he is up to a B- and his auto push jumps to a Upper MidCard. He is 0-9 and just flying up the ranks.

The same thing pretty much is happening to Angry Gilmore. The guy is one of the most talented in the c-verse but his render is so boring that I cant ever push him. So I use him as a jobber to the stars. I fed him to Faith, Money, Bruce, Lobster Warrior amongst other and after two months I did an auto push and he is a B+ overall in US and pushed to a main eventer.

It comes down to the quality of the segments, and a bit of their destiny value of course.

Even with dominate, if the match is decent the guy getting his ass kicked will gain popularity. Sure, he got dominated, but it was still a memorable enough match that people noticed who it was getting dominated.

Their opponent being more popular than them isn't the direct factor (though, obviously, it brings up the match rating thus gives a boost to the loser).

And if you have a guy jobbing to your top talent/appearing in segments backstage with Marat Khoklov (who I assume you're rating on Menace with attacks), then, well... what do you expect? It's called getting a "rub" for a reason.

It comes down to the quality of the segments, and a bit of their destiny value of course.

Even with dominate, if the match is decent the guy getting his ass kicked will gain popularity. Sure, he got dominated, but it was still a memorable enough match that people noticed who it was getting dominated.

Their opponent being more popular than them isn't the direct factor (though, obviously, it brings up the match rating thus gives a boost to the loser).

And if you have a guy jobbing to your top talent/appearing in segments backstage with Marat Khoklov (who I assume you're rating on Menace with attacks), then, well... what do you expect? It's called getting a "rub" for a reason.

I expected him to go up but not that high. He starts the game with like a 42 overall in pop and is now up to like 73 in 10 shows.

Just make a main event jobber... or a upper midcard jobber. He jobs to everyone that's higher than in terms of popularity. Makes it easy fory ou deal with.

That's the traditional take on it.

Sounds to me like you've got Tommy Dreamer reborn in a new verse. He only ever one maybe one singles match against Raven (which was later nearly expunged) but people still recall that epic feud. You could keep him as a star jobber or find a way to turn that constant failed victory into a gimmick or a hook or a gimmick change. Sounds to me like you've got a lot of options with AM and it would be foolish not to at least considering reevaluating just valuable he could be to the company.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Maybe it is just me, but I don't see the point in having my actual wrestlers dominated. I bring in enhancement talent with good selling and garbage everything else for being jobbers. </p><p> </p><p>

I guess it is working for you, but I guess I keep a smaller roster and try to actively have everyone involved.</p><p> </p><p>

As for American Machine, right now in my game he is involved with Marc DuBois and Frederique Antonio Garcia in a triple threat fued after Marc involved himself in and argument between FAG and Machine. Next month AM is going to win a tournament to become the third wheel in the North American championship match between Brandon James + Joe Sexy after Eric Eisen refuses to put on James + Sexy for a third straight month despite the fued not being finished. Kayfab Eisen will say something along the lines of, "Let's be honest, you aren't exactly Marat and Faith here." </p><p> </p><p>

AM will pull the upset after Marat destroys James and joins with Emma. This will cause James to hit rock bottom and eventually join with AM + Jessie.</p><p> </p><p>

The payoff will be a fued between Marat, DuBois, and Emma against AM, James, and Jessie that hopefully will push Marat, AM and DuBois up to UM/ME status.</p>

In my game I brought up Masked Patriot to team with him as a face patriot duo fueding against the heel frenchy gimmicks of Marc Dubois and Phillipe LaGrenier. He crept up to B- o/ness, but I jobbed him down as his contract is coming up and he really is rather unskilled. I thought of an idea to have him join Eisen's Supremacy, perfect stable filler really, but the idea came up too late as he's already down to D+ pop. I think he's on his way out...

Also, these types of threads where everyone puts in their 2 cents on a certain C-Verse worker are very enjoyable to read. Very interesting to see how different people use different characters...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="NWO4until01" data-cite="NWO4until01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29415" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also, these types of threads where everyone puts in their 2 cents on a certain C-Verse worker are very enjoyable to read. Very interesting to see how different people use different characters...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree. I love Rodd "The God" Todd. and I use him as his god gimmick but it cool to see other people use him in different ways.</p>

Well I was planning on pushing him but now he is being a butthole and refusing to lose tainted matches even, to people with the same pop as him. Unbelievable. He's not Big Smack Scott, no clue what this guy is thinking but he's going staight to the unemployment line.

• 4 weeks later...

dug up this thread to mention the tale of American Machine in my game...

So I'm all set to keep jobbing him out the door. Then I see the new renders in bigpapa's diary of him and Captain Atomic, another who I was set to job out the door... as a patriotic tag combo. great! two blokes who I was set to let go out of disinterest, now potentially tag title contenders and possibly inaugural champs of a trio title I've been thinking of introducing (w/ Masked Patriot).

So I throw him a fistful of cash to appease his bad morale and sit down for negotiations. At D o/ness, we got as high as $8500 a month, w/travel, 20% ppv bonus, 5% merch and he still insisted on more money cos he has to work house shows.

so long musclebrains... I'll just have to pair up Atomic & Masked Patriot on their own.

Although for realism's sake, I hope he gets hired by uspw.

dug up this thread to mention the tale of American Machine in my game...

So I'm all set to keep jobbing him out the door. Then I see the new renders in bigpapa's diary of him and Captain Atomic, another who I was set to job out the door... as a patriotic tag combo. great! two blokes who I was set to let go out of disinterest, now potentially tag title contenders and possibly inaugural champs of a trio title I've been thinking of introducing (w/ Masked Patriot).

So I throw him a fistful of cash to appease his bad morale and sit down for negotiations. At D o/ness, we got as high as $8500 a month, w/travel, 20% ppv bonus, 5% merch and he still insisted on more money cos he has to work house shows.

so long musclebrains... I'll just have to pair up Atomic & Masked Patriot on their own.

Although for realism's sake, I hope he gets hired by uspw.

Did you job him to people he didn't want to job to (such as people lower on the card than him, or people he disliked)?

I generally let a guy have their way if they want to win, but what I do is, they look like a fool winning it. A "weak" win, what you will. They get dominated, they have to cheat or get a flash pin to win, but the other guy looks better despite losing.

He's a negative personality, so even though I only got the booking rejection note once, it peeved him when I didnt change the result. But the cash bonus brought him to the negotiating table... I now wish there was a button in his profile that allows you to raid his gym bag and thieve back your bonus payments.

Archived