How would you weight stats?

I'm trying to balance out a mod I'm working on, and was trying to decide if there is a good weight on the stats to see how good they make a particular wrestler. Brawling (2),Puroresu (1),Hardcore (1),Aerial (2),Mat Work (2),Chain Wrestling (2), Submissions (1.5) are the primary stats from the manual. I gave Hardcore, Puroresu, and Submission a little less weight because they are more conditional. The manual uses Hardcore as an example of a primary stat with less than another (brawling). I don't want to overweight the grappling stats over the others and it feels like right now I am.

For secondary stats I used Flashiness (.25), Charisma (0.25),Athleticism (.25),Stamina (.5),Basics (.75),Psychology (.75),Safety (.5),Consistency (.5),Selling (.5), and Star Quality (.25). The manual states Basics and Psych are more important than Flash and some things the dirt sheet make clear can effect the matches to a degree. Other secondary stats I dropped because their effect felt minor but this is really just a feeling, nothing definitive.

It depends on the product, chief.

He's talking about a mod = whole gameworld, not just one product but all products. The

Athletic, psychology and star quality I would weight as major stats. These will effect caps (or at least that is the belief right now).

A few things though, every stat in worker skills is really a major stat. Brawling, Puro and Hardcore could all can all be used as a major stat (for example). A worker in Japan might have higher Puro then the other three, or a very hardcore worker might only be good in hardcore match's, as compared to normal brawling or puro. I've made worker's only good in one or two fields, and as low as 0 in others (far as in ring), and have had great results in homemade mods.

However, as far as how great you want them to have a chance to be, the athletic, psychology and star quality seems to me like the one's that effect this aspect the most. Stat caps can be reached, so you can't really just plan around a few stats. For example, perhaps the stat cap is 20 or 30 skill points with everything going exceptionally right. Giving someone a 0 in a particular stat might mean they only get to 20 or 30 total their whole carreer in those stats. That's not bad at all, considering their strengths would be started considerably higher, meaning these will also go up considerably, making the strengths even stronger.

It is possible for the worker to change styles. This means that although you start a worker out as mainly a technician, they could turn into an entertainer or something else depending on what skills they learn, and how fast.

Derek could answer this alot better then most of us though. Perhaps he will weigh in his thoughts, as I tend to speculate (based on results), without the proper knowledge of game mechanics to know the actual details of "why" something happens.

Generally though, if you follow the TEW Help files, you will do well. Also, take into consideration the Default C-Verse with respect to stats in particular game area's, maximum and minimum starting skills, etc.

Yeah, I got that. And the weighting of Brawling to, say, Aerial, is still gonna shift from product to product.

Of course, if your running an entertainment company, Aerial isn't as important to a High Flying company.... or Luchador, etc.

The only point I was making, is that wasn't the question. He was asking how to weight the stats in order of importance. Psychology and phycical stats, for example, are highly important in any product, even Entertainment (I know popular belief is different) promotions.

Aerial, for example, is dependant upon a product setting, not the gameworld. Aerial doesn't get you in non flying promotions, but there are skills that every company needs in order to get better, psychology is one of them, and physical stats seems to effect stat caps, in particularly psychology.

I wasn't bugging on you though. Product is very important, if he's making the mod and adding worker's to promotions at the same time... keeping product definitions in line to make the roster exactly how you want it, makes alot of sense. I just thought his question was more "in general".

Of course, if your running an entertainment company, Aerial isn't as important to a High Flying company.... or Luchador, etc.

The only point I was making, is that wasn't the question. He was asking how to weight the stats in order of importance. Psychology and phycical stats, for example, are highly important in any product, even Entertainment (I know popular belief is different) promotions.

Aerial, for example, is dependant upon a product setting, not the gameworld. Aerial doesn't get you in non flying promotions, but there are skills that every company needs in order to get better, psychology is one of them, and physical stats seems to effect stat caps, in particularly psychology.

I wasn't bugging on you though. Product is very important, if he's making the mod and adding worker's to promotions at the same time... keeping product definitions in line to make the roster exactly how you want it, makes alot of sense. I just thought his question was more "in general".

I think we're in semi-agreement here - my point is just that it's tough to get hard rankings on stats when their importance shifts according to what the worker's doing.

I think we're in semi-agreement here - my point is just that it's tough to get hard rankings on stats when their importance shifts according to what the worker's doing.

/nod, we are. The only dissagreement was how the OP meant the question, and only he can answer that, lol.

I just figure most people know that Puro is going to be heavier in say Japan, and Brawling heavier in the US, High Flying moreso in Mexican promotions, and more technical out of Canada and UK. The other's all follow a similar suit, but it's not the "golden rule" or anything.

As you said, it depends on how promotions are set up, as to what a worker's stats will weight according to that promotion.

I was just thinking in terms of having lots of options (Promotional products), and a worker's overall chance to get a job.

Hya!

Thanks for the comments. What I'm going for here is as product non-specific as possible. When Adam in the manual says Brawling is weighted higher than Hardcore, that's probably not true of a Hardcore promotion, but it is true more generally. So I'm trying to work out a way to 'rank' wrestlers for a mod I'm doing so the results are balanced properly.

This might be a little off-topic, but it's a very interesting thing that kinda has to do with this. This happened only one time that I've ever seen it.

One of the preset workers to debut in my mod is Reuben Dunvegan who is an MMA Crossover fighter. He starts with high Brawling, high MMA, medium Technical skills, and 0 in Aerial skills.

When he peaked? His Rumble was a mere 75 AND HIS AERIAL WAS 90. I kid you not. He went from 0 to freaking 90. Only major exception to the "cap 20-40 above start" that I've ever seen.

P.S. Scratch that. One other weird exception. Sasha Brenshov, a preset fighter who also has a Narrative to peak in all stats a few years into her career, jumped from 0 to 90 in announcing all at once.

Archived