Speeding up the game?

I'm looking for methods to increase the game-time in my game without resorting to just siming years ahead.

Basically, I want to remain as booker, but develop methods to speed up game-play. At the moment, I spend 30 mins or so on each card. I'd rather play with a big picture mentality and look on as my promotion ages in years rather than days.

Whilst I love the game, it's just too slow for my game playing tastes. It's not a criticism, I just want to find new methods to maximize my enjoyment!

Ideally, I'd like to play a year of game time in a 3-6 hours of playing time. So I could do roughly a year every night I play the game. Are there any methods for doing something like?

Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

I think for a large fed, this would be nigh on impossible due to the number of shows you'd be running (weekly TV, for most of them) and pushing it even for the smaller ones.

If you're using a little one, the gameplay would probably slow down over time as you aren't going to make a lot of headway only running once a month. Even so, I don't think a year in a night would be that realistic a target from my experiences playing.

Still, the fastest game I can think of would be using a fed around 'small' size, with a product that means you don't have to run storylines or use angles. In honest though I just get the feeling that you're looking for something out of TEW which it isn't all that configured for, at least in my opinion. I don't spend nearly as long planning ahead as a lot of people but it still takes a while. The game just isn't that quick-paced, ultimately.

Yeah, it'd be HARD to get through a whole year in a single night. And definetly impossible with large company that runs weekly shows. Simply too much time.

But, if you run short shows and don't give half a damn about storylines (performance based company, I'd wager), and you're a smaller sized company... it might be doable.

That said, the evolution over the now more than three years with APWF is more enjoyable because I can look back at all that has happened in those years, both the big picture and all the little pictures. Any game I've ever personally tried to "speed along" I've ended up deleting, because I had no attachment to it. It was just a faceless company, and the world around it is barely recognizable. :( Thankfully, I've learned the joys of having a long term game where I pace myself.

Some further thoughts

Any game I've ever personally tried to "speed along" I've ended up deleting, because I had no attachment to it. It was just a faceless company, and the world around it is barely recognizable. :( Thankfully, I've learned the joys of having a long term game where I pace myself.

That's interesting. I understand where you're coming from with that, but it's quite the opposite for me. If I advance through in years in a game like this, I tend to get MORE attached to the universe in which I'm playing. Whereas, if I slog away for days and only advance a few months in game-time, then I tend to get disillusioned and bored with that save - I seem to be LESS attached to a game like that.

I guess that's the crux of my original post. For me, I'd like to have a more time elapsed world that develops around what I do. Once that world builds up, I have history that I can look back on and it starts to become MY world. Whereas a few months doesn't seem like much of a world to me!

I don't want to play to the game less or anything like that - I guess I just want more history for my time when playing.

How about PGHW - I was thinking I could run them on a touring schedule and run just one show per week. Would this achieve my aim? I favour a more performance oriented promotion anyway.

Also, as way of a side question, is there a way to minimize the amount of angles/videos, etc in the game. I find I only really use a handful of angles, but spend TONNES of time scrolling through all the hundreds of angles trying to find the right one. Is there a way to make a list of angle "favourites" or something, so that we have the ones we want right at our fingertips?

Archived