Superman Reboot

hellboy2

just read that Superman is going to get a reboot and be more darker like the Batman films, Zach Snyder is set to direct and Christopher Nolan is producing or something

and playing the Superman part, the rumours are

John Cena

Dwayne Johnson

and a bloke from True Blood, can't remember the name

so would John Cena be a suitable Superman, i reckon The Rock could pull it off

sorry if this has already been posted and sorry if my post seems a little funny, bit ill

<p>I heard something about this a while ago, as well as a Justice League movie. The Reboot has been something they been talking about almost immediately after the Superman Returns movie come out (wasn't as successfull as they had hoped).</p><p> </p><p>

I heard it was a family member, with Nolan kind of "guiding" him. That's what I actually heard.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyways, I'm more interested to see how the Batman franchise ends in the third movie right now. I get really tired of hearing about movies that never get made till five pluss years after they talk about it. </p><p> </p><p>

I honestly only see a few movies from DC coming to light in the next year. Green Lantern being one of them.. I think they might come out with a Lobo movie as well, but there are some other's (Flash, etc.) that they probably won't get done till another couple of years. Just my thoughts as of right now. I don't see a Justice League movie till they have a successfull Superman (like in the 80's).</p>

<p>The Rock I can't see being Superman. Super man isn't some super cool, super funny guy. The Rock stands out, he's got a certain look and I don't think that look is "ever man Clark Kent". </p><p> </p><p>

Cena on the other hand I think is a bit too short to play Superman. (God am I the Vince McMahon of movies?)</p><p> </p><p>

Not too mention John would have to grow his hair out and dye it black since I don't want my Superman having some kind of screwing fade, crew cut hybrid.</p>

<p>"Dark" Superman sounds like a terrible idea. Batman and Superman are ying and yang, and Bats has "dark" covered.</p><p> </p><p>

The last movie was just awful. Brandon Routh is a terrible actor. And there is the entire (unintentional?) subtheme of "Superman is a terrible father."</p><p> </p><p>

I was pulling for the dude who played Cyclops to get the girl.</p>

<p>John Cena. As Superman. </p><p> </p><p>

Come on, the man cant act the fool, let alone actually act. No Hollywood studio is going to back a Superman movie with him as the lead. </p><p> </p><p>

"Yo Lois, where's that Lex Luthor cat up in hiznitch?!" </p><p> </p><p>

"B**ches don't know 'bout my Kryptonite allergy!"</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brashleyholland" data-cite="brashleyholland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29471" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>John Cena. As Superman. <p> </p><p> Come on, the man cant act the fool, let alone actually act. No Hollywood studio is going to back a Superman movie with him as the lead. </p><p> </p><p> "Yo Lois, where's that Lex Luthor cat up in hiznitch?!" </p><p> </p><p> "B**ches don't know 'bout my Kryptonite allergy!"</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To be fair I haven't heard John Cena say "yo" in six years and I've never heard him say Hiznithc. </p><p> </p><p> Also he hasn't used "bitches" or "'bout" in forever. I think you have somehow gotten 2003 John Cena mistaken with Hulk Hogan V2.0 I don't know if I've heard John usher in a curse word in over a year. Heck his finisher got renamed and everything. </p><p> </p><p> Also if John Cena can't act then explain to me how he can go from plucky blue chipper babyface just happy to be in the ring challenging Kurt Angle, to thug battle rapper, to never give up, never say quit, never say die John Cena of 2010. In my opinion all three of those characters are played pretty well by Cena (like the character or not clearly they work based on well everything). So since all three of those characters are fairly different I'd say that he has to be acting when playing atleast two of them......so on that front I think John can act. Is he Hollywood blockbuster acting? Maybe not but neither was the last Superman.</p>

<p>Actually, the Rock would make a killer Black Adam/Teth Adam. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="GruntMark" data-cite="GruntMark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29471" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"<strong>Dark" Superman</strong> sounds like a terrible idea. Batman and Superman are ying and yang, and Bats has "dark" covered.<p> </p><p> The last movie was just awful. Brandon Routh is a terrible actor. And there is the entire (unintentional?) subtheme of "Superman is a terrible father."</p><p> </p><p> I was pulling for the dude who played Cyclops to get the girl.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would agree with the Cities of Gotham vs. Metropolis, but the characters aren't that different, at least not as different as they once were.</p><p> </p><p> Superman needs to be the Alex Ross bad ass Superman. Captain Marvel has become the new boyscout for what... the last 10/20 years now? Supeman isn't THAT nice since he died, lol.</p><p> </p><p> He isn't that nice to Batman, and Batman isn't that nice to him, but they co-exist and respect each other. </p><p> </p><p> Although Bruce has said "Deep down, Clark is a nice guy, I'm not." They are different, but not day and night different. Bruce has to be tougher/meaner, because he isn't bullet proof.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29471" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Also if John Cena can't act then explain to me how he can go from plucky blue chipper babyface just happy to be in the ring challenging Kurt Angle, to thug battle rapper, to never give up, never say quit, never say die John Cena of 2010. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Because he's done all that in wresting - a vehicle for people who (with the odd exception) can't act well enough to make the same kind of money in movies and (with the odd exception) aren't good enough at an actual sport to make the same money playing professionally - in front of a crowd that will (with the odd exception) cheer and boo whoever they are told are the good/bad guys this week. </p><p> </p><p> Was it 'The Marine' Cena won the Oscar for, or 'Twelve Rounds'? :-p </p><p> </p><p> Look, the man is obviously a great 'actor' as far as wrestling goes, but if I'm the best one-armed basketball player in the world, that doesn't make me a candidate for the NBA.</p>

Archived